Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Islam is 'right', otherwise I would be a Muslim.
    When i say right i am referring to whether it is in accordance with democracy or not. Since it puts God before the people it is not in accordance with demoracy. You point out other religions do this. I responded by making the point that this does not make Islam compatitable with democracy. Surely you agree with that?

But my point is that Islam is no less compatible with democracy than other world religions. And, obviously, there are democratic christian, hindu, jewish... states.
    Islam by its nature mixes state and church much more than say Chrisitnaity. For example note Jesus referecne to Caeser. Also it places emphaisis on the individual thanks to the Reformation.
    Also the only states which are demoratic and have a majority of muslim are democratic because of the West. All others are undemocratic. Is this just a coincidence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perry)
    It is also worth pointing out that all the conflicts in the world, involve, muslims, and non muslims, ie Kashmir, mid east, sudan, Nigeria, Keny, tanzania, 9/11, Madrid, Paris, UN, Bali, etc,
    It is also worth pointing out that the last lethal terror bombing in London was carried out by David Copeland, a former member of the BNP. He told police on his arrest that he hoped his actions would lead to a violent backlash and eventually a BNP government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    I highly doubt that it could be anywhere near accurate.
    I would be extremely surprised as well for reasons you stated. I'm still sure that's what they said though. Nevertheless, I do know that the vast, vast majority of Muslims are against the killing of innocent people as any sane person would be.

(Original post by Perry)
    Would you agree that the legal clasification of a terrorist as a Human is questionable? After all, they have been brainwashed, and thereupon, they are Psychopaths who have no binding connection with human life, ie emotion, remorce, pain or any other basic human value, which we share.
    I agree with the brainwashing, at least to the extent of the training of young kids to be suicide bombers.

ReputationRep:
    Do we also find that the teenagers from Britain and the US killing Muslims in Afghanistan and Iraq are brainwashed? Harder surely for an English kid from Norwich say, to justify his kills than a Palestinian youth the same age?

(Original post by halloweenjack)
    Most professional terrorists are or have been in higher education and are quite intelligent. .
    Yes, they've been to flight training school, of course they're not interested in how to takeoff or how to land....just how to fly. They're also journeyman in plastic explosives, have degrees in suicide training, masters in decapitations.

(Original post by Dougie)
    I agree, of course, that the vast majority of Muslims in Britain support democracy just like anybody else. But on Sky News it said that up to 8% of Muslims in Britain support Al Qaeda and similar groups. How they worked that out I don't know but 8% of 1.6 million is still a lot of people.
    I've read that many muslim londoners including clerics support Al Qaeda.

This is less surprising when one recalls that 40 percent of British Muslims surveyed in a Sunday Times poll after 9-11 believed Osama bin Laden was “justified” in his war against America. They even supported those of their coreligionists from Britain who volunteered to fight with the Taliban against the Western allies
    Race hate cleric 'honoured'

A row erupted today over a hardline Muslim cleric's invitation to a London conference.

Dr Yusuf al-Qaradawi, who supports Palestinian suicide bombers, is "guest of honour" at a debate organised by the Greater London Authority. He has already been banned from the US on suspicion of terror links and is renowned for his anti-Semitic views.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArthurOliver)
    Do we also find that the teenagers from Britain and the US killing Muslims in Afghanistan and Iraq are brainwashed? Harder surely for an English kid from Norwich say, to justify his kills than a Palestinian youth the same age?
    Not at all. "Orders is orders."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    Not at all. "Orders is orders."
    Ah, that's alright then.

It's the brainwashing not the killing that really matters y'see...

ReputationRep:
    This is less surprising when one recalls that 40 percent of British Muslims surveyed in a Sunday Times poll after 9-11 believed Osama bin Laden was “justified” in his war against America.
    How impartial :rolleyes:

(Original post by Perry)
    Would you agree that the legal clasification of a terrorist as a Human is questionable? After all, they have been brainwashed, and thereupon, they are Psychopaths who have no binding connection with human life, ie emotion, remorce, pain or any other basic human value, which we share.

I think that the musslim people are the least integrated in European society, they have no binding connection with British or even Western way of life, therefore they are isolated and feel thr need to attack west even more. Multi culturalism depends upon some sort of basic sharing of values, which muslims dont seem to have. And therefore they are simply muslims living in EU or Uk, and not British muslims.

I dont believe that poverty and terrorism is related. After all the continent of Africa has been poor for a long period of time, it hasn't resorted to mass terrorism, even though terrorist have now decided to base there.

I have deep concerns for this type of terrorism, and the way it is being spread.

I dont think there is anything more that can be done, by Eu to defend againast such attacks.

The problem, lies, with the teaching of islam, radical schools should be banned. Muslim children should be lawfully alowed to choose whether they want to follow islam or not in the west. I have heard that this religion actively teached to hate west, and to attack non-muslims, wat kind of religion is this?

i also heard that they want to enforce people to become muslims!

Completeley twisted!

It is also worth pointing out that all the conflicts in the world, involve, muslims, and non muslims, ie Kashmir, mid east, sudan, Nigeria, Keny, tanzania, 9/11, Madrid, Paris, UN, Bali, etc,

The fact is that muslim people do not believe in democracy, and only believe in defending islam, through use of Terrorism, therefore the problems of the world are further complicated
    clashes between sikhs and hindus in india, moaists and everyone in the northern areas of SE asia, protestant vs catholic in ireland (dying down somewhat but over the last few hundred years think of the amount spent on essentially wars waging beteen those 2 sides of the same religion).
    then there is the shia vs sunni muslims
    gosh cant think of anymore relgious ones right now but theres blooming loads!
    certainlymuslim conflicts are the most prominent at the mo, but one faction is always going to be. heck it was catholics and protestants for the last umpteen hundred years.

ReputationRep:
    I really sorry about the events that happened in London. Iam myself from Uzbekistan, and as you all may know we had dramatic events that happened recently in Andijan. Iam christian, but living in muslim country make me always be careful. I want to support all the people in London and say that we should be patient to all religious. Iam more than sure that those people who did bombings are not Muslims in nature, because the true Muslims are very calm people who dont like the war as much as we dont.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    How impartial :rolleyes:
    What has the Times done to justify your suggestion that it is biased? Or are you merely offended that the poll itself is politically incorrect by singling out muslims, rather than asking everyone? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    What has the Times done to justify your suggestion that it is biased? Or are you merely offended that the poll itself is politically incorrect by singling out muslims, rather than asking everyone? :rolleyes:
    I just don't like The Times :rolleyes:

Though according to that poll, the majority (60%) of British Muslims do not support Bin Laden.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just like to point out that evidence that some people believe that a war against America is "justified" needs a closer look. Many people think that Bush and his government need to be removed. However, it doesn't follow that these people support attacks like 9/11 as the method of doing this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB)
    I'd just like to point out that evidence that some people believe that a war against America is "justified" needs a closer look. Many people think that Bush and his government need to be removed. However, it doesn't follow that these people support attacks like 9/11 as the method of doing this.
    Obviously they aren't going to be able to remove Bush's government from power as that would be impossible

The aim was to cause as much damage to the economy as possible, mass distruction and death of americans. Of course their intentions are to damage the American government, why do you think they do this???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WIUT)
    I really sorry about the events that happened in London. Iam myself from Uzbekistan, and as you all may know we had dramatic events that happened recently in Andijan. Iam christian, but living in muslim country make me always be careful. I want to support all the people in London and say that we should be patient to all religious. Iam more than sure that those people who did bombings are not Muslims in nature, because the true Muslims are very calm people who dont like the war as much as we dont.
    Good points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revenged)
    Obviously they aren't going to be able to remove Bush's government from power as that would be impossible

The aim was to cause as much damage to the economy as possible, mass distruction and death of americans. Of course their intentions are to damage the American government, why do you think they do this???
    Yes, well spotted. I never denied any of that. I was merely pointing out that claims that "X percent of British muslims call Osama Bin Laden's attack on the USA justified" don't necessarily mean that they support the method by which he attacked the USA.

ReputationRep:
    if they support the attack on the US then they support the method which it carried out!

How could anyone justify the death of thousands of people in America as being revenge for the death of thousands in Iraq?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revenged)
    if they support the attack on the US then they support the method which it carried out!

How could anyone justify the death of thousands of people in America as being revenge for the death of thousands in Iraq?!
    No, they don't support it, they call it justified. The attack on America was justified. Doesn't mean they support it.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.