The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
zaf1986
I just don't like The Times :rolleyes:

I don't like the Guardian, but I wouldn't call them liars without good reason!

In the case of the way that poll was used, I do think there is something wrong with it. Surely we would have more terrorist attacks in Britain if 1 million Muslims were here supporting such things.
Generalisations are what lead to hatred. If I used 50 Cent as an example to describe all black people as gun toting, violent, greedy thugs who aren't afraid of shooting each other from the back of their pimped out rides full of hoes and covered in bling, you'd thing that I'm a moron.
I know that's completely wrong, so don't assume that all terrorists are sub-human heartless beings.
Reply 42
ArthurOliver
Do we also find that the teenagers from Britain and the US killing Muslims in Afghanistan and Iraq are brainwashed? Harder surely for an English kid from Norwich say, to justify his kills than a Palestinian youth the same age?
The US and Brit kids go to Iraq to kill terrorists, the muslim suicide kids kill themselves.
Reply 43
zaf1986
I just don't like The Times :rolleyes:

Though according to that poll, the majority (60%) of British Muslims do not support Bin Laden. :smile:
It must be comforting to know that only 40% of British Muslims support Bin Laden.

Do you have an estimate on how many support the London bombings??
Reply 44
Douglas
Do you have an estimate on how many support the London bombings??

I have no idea, because I have no interest in carrying out random polls. As far as I have heard on most media, the Muslims in Britain have been condemning the attacks. Haven't heard anyone supporting it.
Reply 45
zaf1986
I have no idea, because I have no interest in carrying out random polls. As far as I have heard on most media, the Muslims in Britain have been condemning the attacks. Haven't heard anyone supporting it.

Would you admit it if you did?
Reply 46
zaf1986
Some of the media have announced that the 4 bombers were British born.....I guess it's safe to say that at least 4 dead Brits supported the bombings.
Reply 47
TheVlad
Would you admit it if you did?

Have they? Show me the proof - it would be pretty hard to deny it if they did.
Reply 48
zaf1986
Have they? Show me the proof - it would be pretty hard to deny it if they did.

What I mean is, that even though some people may privately support the attacks, they will not publicly show this support because of fear of reprisals by the local population.
Reply 49
TheVlad
What I mean is, that even though some people may privately support the attacks, they will not publicly show this support because of fear of reprisals by the local population.
Seems to me if you publicly supported the attack, you'd be arrested.
Reply 50
Douglas
Seems to me if you publicly supported the attack, you'd be arrested.

I doubt it. I don't think it is against the law... but I also doubt that the police would do much to stop the supporters being lynched.
Reply 51
TheVlad

Well, we can't argue based on speculation.
Douglas
The US and Brit kids go to Iraq to kill terrorists, the muslim suicide kids kill themselves.
Dougy... :rolleyes:
Reply 53
Douglas

I thought it was because of WMD's oh wait no, then it was democracy? oh wait no ..then it's terrorists?
Reply 54
:ditto:
Reply 55
Douglas

And believe that they're killing terrorists when they do it. It's hardly that simple, now is it?
I am really appauled at how many terrorist apologists there are on this forum.....its sickening.
halloweenjack
I am really appauled at how many terrorist apologists there are on this forum.....its sickening.
People aren't defending or justifying terrorism, they are critical of government policies which create at least some of the claimed justifications of the terrorists. The terrorists are condemned by all, aren't they?
Reply 58
Douglas

Unfortunately they kill a lot of nonterrorists while they are trying to do so. The tactics and strategy used in the invasion and occupation of Iraq, unfortunately, regardless of other matters, were and are effective at alienating many Iraqis, noi matter how much they hated Saddam and the Baathists.
People aren't defending or justifying terrorism, they are critical of government policies which create at least some of the claimed justifications of the terrorists. The terrorists are condemned by all, aren't they?

There will always be excuses and always be justifications because they will always try to find them whatever they are.

Latest

Trending

Trending