The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

halloweenjack
There will always be excuses and always be justifications because they will always try to find them whatever they are.
Yea, violent malcontents who turn to terrorism, but not the good people of this forum. No apologists for terror here I think.
Perry

The problem, lies, with the teaching of islam, radical schools should be banned. Muslim children should be lawfully alowed to choose whether they want to follow islam or not in the west. I have heard that this religion actively teached to hate west, and to attack non-muslims, wat kind of religion is this?

i also heard that they want to enforce people to become muslims!

Completeley twisted!

The fact is that muslim people do not believe in democracy, and only believe in defending islam, through use of Terrorism, therefore the problems of the world are further complicated

i think this is a very extreme view and you dont seem to have any evidence to back what you are saying. i think you need to read up on the religon before making comments that have no truth in them. it may be a fact that some extremist promote islam in a different way, however islam doesnt teach to hate the west. i think due to the media everyone seems to have generalised everything.
Reply 62
SB
And believe that they're killing terrorists when they do it. It's hardly that simple, now is it?

Twenty-seven people, many of them children, were killed by a suicide truck bomb today as the children gathered around an Army vehicle where troops were handing out chocolates and other gifts.

You mean these Iraqi children were terrorists? :rolleyes:
Reply 63

Iraq's a whole different kettle of fish, now isn't it?
I'm afraid that the US and UK are in the wrong there and people are angry (and rightly so). The way they express their anger is, unfortunately, not the most humane.
Reply 64
SB
I'm afraid that the US and UK are in the wrong there and people are angry (and rightly so). The way they express their anger is, unfortunately, not the most humane.

Are these people terrorists? Yes or no?
SB

have you watched farenhiet 9/11 - what did you make of it??
Reply 66
Bismarck
Are these people terrorists? Yes or no?

No.
Reply 67
darth_vader05
have you watched farenhiet 9/11 - what did you make of it??

Ummm, a while ago, on a plane, half asleep... why? Anything particular about it? I think he goes a bit overboard with the speculation myself.
If all muslims thought the same, then how many more attacks would there have been? Only an idiot would imagine that most muslims condone the attacks. I feel sorry for all of the muslims who are feeling the contemp of the nation right now, despuite their innocence, and despite the fact that their religion is about peace. What annoys me most is the people on here who are trying and failing (miserably) to interpret what the koran means. Stop telling people what the koran stands for when you are not a muslim. Muslims are for democracy- as you can see from iraq. They have moved into the western world more than ever before, it is just a shame it has taken so long. Human nature wants freedom, and they are human, and so whatever religion they belong to, they would want democracy. Show compassion for a people who are now being hated unreasonably. Don't put all muslims in the same boat. These people were sick, psychotic fanatics, who clearly must have been born mad, in much the same way as fred west, myra hindley, etc. This is the difference between someone who would kill people in cold blood and someone who wouldnt. Nothing to do with being brainwashed. No amount of brainwashing could make a person go against the single most powerful human instinct- to survive at all costs. So therefore, they were born bad.This type of person then gets drawn into these terror schools, and you know the rest........
how can you say they are not terrorists ? they killed innocent civilians and this isnt the first time they have used this tactic. They know that the US soldiers are soft touches when it comes to children.
Reply 70
halloweenjack
how can you say they are not terrorists ? they killed innocent civilians and this isnt the first time they have used this tactic. They know that the US soldiers are soft touches when it comes to children.

Who? I was replying to Bismarck's question 'are these people terrorists'... I assume he was simply repeating what he asked in a previous post, 'you mean these Iraqi children are terrorists'...
Do correct me if I'm wrong but I think you've probably misunderstood my post.

btw, I assume that you are aware that US soldiers are, under that definition, terrorists too?
Reply 71
SB
Do you happen to know who the terrorists are? if not, I'll enlighten you.
70% Egyptian
20% syrian and kuwaiti's
10% Iranian.

I doubt that any Iranians were blowing up Iranian children who were standing in line to get candy bars.
Reply 72
Douglas
Do you happen to know who the terrorists are? if not, I'll enlighten you.
70% Egyptian
20% syrian and kuwaiti's
10% Iranian.

I doubt that any Iranians were blowing up Iranian children who were standing in line to get candy bars.

"the terrorists"? You mean all terrorists? And how, exactly, was this information gathered?

"Excuse me Sir, just a couple of questions. Are you a terrorist? Right, can you just tell me what nationality you are then please Sir?

And what exactly was your point here...
Reply 73
SB
"the terrorists"? You mean all terrorists?
Al Qaeda, Hezbollah and Hamas excluded.
And how, exactly, was this information gathered?
Department of Homeland Security

"Excuse me Sir, just a couple of questions. Are you a terrorist? "
To some people, yes.
Right, can you just tell me what nationality you are then please Sir?
right wing Eskimo

And what exactly was your point here...
Try to figure it out.
Reply 74
Douglas
Al Qaeda, Hezbollah and Hamas excluded.
Department of Homeland Security

No, not who was it gathered by, how did they gather the information. Going up to people in the street and asking them is hardly the most reliable way of doing so... I was wondering how I can believe that the information gathered is reliable or representative. And why were those groups excluded?
Reply 75
SB
No, not who was it gathered by, how did they gather the information. Going up to people in the street and asking them is hardly the most reliable way of doing so... I was wondering how I can believe that the information gathered is reliable or representative. And why were those groups excluded?
Interestingly enough, there was a woman on TV last night (Al Franken show...Sundance channel) that worked for homeland security, she gave the stats on the country identity of the terrorists in Iraq. She didn't elaborate on how she got the info.

I think Hezbollah in Lebanon is trying to gain a degree of respectibility, and Hamas have their hands full recruiting their own Kamikaze
bombers for Israel.
Reply 76
tom391
If given a decent chance, i imagine 99.9.....% of muslims would embrace democracy.........or at least as many as anybody else.

I think there are many classic examples of where rhetoric and grandiose claims on this subject of 'ordinary Muslims' simply belies reality. Over 60% of British Muslims want to live by Sharia law, which is inherently incompatible with democracy.

This rebuttal of a Guardian(which is really scraping the barrel here) trainee columnist provides a short but glaring demonstration.

http://dailyablution.blogs.com/the_daily_ablution/2005/07/sassy_suicide_b.html

Money Quote: In fact, his stated fear of "being labelled a terrorist-lover" seems particularly justified, in light of another of his khilafah.com articles - in which he specifically calls for violence:

"The establishment of Khilafah is our only solution, to fight fire with fire, the state of Israel versus the Khilafah State"

Incidentally, it should be pointed out that there's no question whatever about this "Yorkshire lad's" loyalty to Britain. He has made it quite clear that:

"Muslims grant their loyalty and allegiance to their deen and the Ummah, not to a football team or nation state."
Reply 77
Vienna
This rebuttal of a Guardian(which is really scraping the barrel here) trainee columnist provides a short but glaring demonstration.

A truly expert fisking, one of the best jobs I've seen. “Yorkshire lad” indeed! I really do hope his potentially subversive thought isn't common. Of course, being a “trainee”; that dirt could just be old childish stupidity (I haven't checked the dates).

I thought the last link was just a slightly more bombastic example of the average Guardian column. I laughed so hard when I realised who the author was.

The paper should rename their columns section "Fifth Column".. jeez. No wonder their circulation is in free fall.
Reply 78
JonD
A truly expert fisking, one of the best jobs I've seen. “Yorkshire lad” indeed! I really do hope his potentially subversive thought isn't common. Of course, being a “trainee”; that dirt could just be old childish stupidity (I haven't checked the dates).

I thought the last link was just a slightly more bombastic example of the average Guardian column. I laughed so hard when I realised who the author was.

The paper should rename their columns section "Fifth Column".. jeez. No wonder their circulation is in free fall.

Scott does an excellent job at fisking the Guardian and particuarly the Independent on a regular basis, particuarly in their appetite to bash the US. Im an ardent fan of his quips.
Reply 79
Vienna
Scott does an excellent job at fisking the Guardian and particuarly the Independent on a regular basis, particuarly in their appetite to bash the US. Im an ardent fan of his quips.

I just added him to my list. Any other good bloggers I might be missing?

Latest

Trending

Trending