Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    look, the war in iraq, what is that for? its just bombing innocent people isnt it? isnt that terrorism? i agree the london bombings were terrible but you cannot blame a whole religion for it...arghhh this does my head in....lol just be PEACEFUL..!

ReputationRep:
    "There should be a clear distinction between the suicide bombing of those who are trying to defend themselves from occupiers, which is something different from those who kill civilians, which is a big crime," said the head of the World Islamic League's Sayed Mohammed Musawi.
    Source

Talk about condemning terrorism while justifying it at the same time. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    head of the World Islamic League's Sayed Mohammed Musawi.
    Quite strange. Hes usually condemning suicide bombing in Palestine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    Quite strange. Hes usually condemning suicide bombing in Palestine.
    Why are terrorist-sympathizers like this guy chosen to lead major Islamic organizations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Why are terrorist-sympathizers like this guy chosen to lead major Islamic organizations?
    Muslims would be better qualified to answer that, but I've always heard him condemning suicide bombers in Palestine so it seems weird that he should support them now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    Muslims would be better qualified to answer that, but I've always heard him condemning suicide bombers in Palestine so it seems weird that he should support them now.
    Perhaps that tells us something about his audience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Perhaps that tells us something about his audience?
    Very possible, could be a political move, because he's Shi'i and the majority are Sunni.

(Original post by SB)
    Thats just not true. You can't assume that people are guilty until they're proven innocent... that would pervert our entire justice system. And by allowing people to spy without and proof of subversive activities, that's exactly what you're doing.
    Excuse me, you've got 50+ innocent victims of terrorist bombings, and you're telling me that if a muslim cleric is openly and vocally condoning suicide bombings, he should not be investigated untill he's caught strapping on the ammonium nitrate???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Douglas)
    Excuse me, you've got 50+ innocent victims of terrorist bombings, and you're telling me that if a muslim cleric is openly and vocally condoning suicide bombings, he should not be investigated untill he's caught strapping on the ammonium nitrate???
    He has committed a crime... incitement of hatred. That's a different thing as he has been proven guilty of a crime under UK law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight Talker)
    As for my signature, I just need people to know I don't mean to cause offence...not that they take any notice, they still neg rep and personally attack me, then again I'm not really bothered by what they think!
    Let the dog bark, as they say............. one of the benefit of being in a DEMOCRATIC society............ The same DEMOCRACY, that allowed Shabina Begum (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3808073.stm) to wear what she wanted, rather than OBEYING school's policy (which others gladly do) :rolleyes:

And guess what, she wants to become a DOCTOR Isn't that hilarious :p: Wonder, if she would take a leave to read her 5 times of daily prayer, when in between operating her patient :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna)
    I think there are many classic examples of where rhetoric and grandiose claims on this subject of 'ordinary Muslims' simply belies reality. Over 60% of British Muslims want to live by Sharia law, which is inherently incompatible with democracy.

This rebuttal of a Guardian(which is really scraping the barrel here) trainee columnist provides a short but glaring demonstration.

http://dailyablution.blogs.com/the_d...suicide_b.html

Money Quote: In fact, his stated fear of "being labelled a terrorist-lover" seems particularly justified, in light of another of his khilafah.com articles - in which he specifically calls for violence:

"The establishment of Khilafah is our only solution, to fight fire with fire, the state of Israel versus the Khilafah State"

Incidentally, it should be pointed out that there's no question whatever about this "Yorkshire lad's" loyalty to Britain. He has made it quite clear that:

"Muslims grant their loyalty and allegiance to their deen and the Ummah, not to a football team or nation state."
    'Guardian' man revealed as hardline Islamist - http://news.independent.co.uk/media/article299681.ece

Great news. Finally shows the affects blogs are beginning to have on the British MSM, who demonstrate that they cant even be bothered to google their own employees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna)
    'Guardian' man revealed as hardline Islamist - http://news.independent.co.uk/media/article299681.ece

Great news. Finally shows the affects blogs are beginning to have on the British MSM.
    You must be feeling so smug after putting a link to that blog here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    You must be feeling so smug after putting a link to that blog here.
    Well, unfortunately it weakens the claim that the Guardian columnist is, apparently, a mainstream muslim voice. However, yes, Im pleased to see that again blogs are proving to be a breath of fresh air in an stale, inflexible and often inaccurate industry. Its a win win situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j4mes_bond25)
    Let the dog bark, as they say............. one of the benefit of being in a DEMOCRATIC society............ The same DEMOCRACY, that allowed Shabina Begum (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3808073.stm) to wear what she wanted, rather than OBEYING school's policy (which others gladly do) :rolleyes:

And guess what, she wants to become a DOCTOR Isn't that hilarious :p: Wonder, if she would take a leave to read her 5 times of daily prayer, when in between operating her patient :rolleyes:
    Don't be stupid, prayer times are flexible, especially when you have to help sick people.

There are plenty of muslim doctors: get your facts straight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    Don't be stupid, prayer times are flexible, especially when you have to help sick people.

Yeah but most of them belong to the more moderate strain of Islam. Do you think they had qualms about wearing school uniform?

ReputationRep:
    just moderates?
    what, there aren't doctors in Iran?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    just moderates?
    what, there aren't doctors in Iran?
    In Iran, I believe that female doctors can't treat men and vice versa. Do you think it would be acceptable for that girl to refuse to treat men?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)

Don't be a daft there :p: I was merely mentioning IF that's what she would be doing rather than pointing-finger towards the entire religion.

Wonder why then the Muslim students in my university, used to get out of the room, missing lessons, on each afternoon, in order to read the prayers :rolleyes: in the room, especially arranged for THEM (special treatment, I believe :rolleyes: ) within the university. Shouldn't they be focusing more towards their EDUCATION, while being student of COMPUTERS rather than towards their religion :rolleyes: Needless to say, why Indian, Chinese, Jews, etc. integrate well within the British society but with Muslims, it's a completely different story :rolleyes:

One of the reason for Pakistanis & Bangladeshi Muslim not being able to achieve better qualification (as opposed to Indian or Chinese or Jews) could be the fact that they prefer taking MORE interest within their religion, as opposed to showing the same level of interest within their education :rolleyes: They must do something towards their present LACK OF INTEGRATION within the British society, for which there seems snowball chance in hell for that to happen :rolleyes:

As far as the black ethnic minority is concerned, the MAIN contribution of their existence within this country, I fear, is towards increasing the crime rate & hence regarless of having merely 2% of blacks within this country, their population in prison makes up 15% (and their numbers are still rising).

Ethnic minorities GCSE statistics (5 or more GCSE):
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/2816369.stm

Chinese: 73%
    Indian: 64%
    White: 51%
    Bangladeshi: 45%
    Black African: 40%
    Pakistanis: 40%
    Black Others: 37%
    Black Caribbean: 30%

National Average: 51%

Nuff said :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    In Iran, I believe that female doctors can't treat men and vice versa. Do you think it would be acceptable for that girl to refuse to treat men?
    It's fair enough, if you were getting a physical exam, wouldn't you prefer to have a doctor of the same gender as you? I would.

Obviously it's Okay to treat a man for other things though, and if his life was in danger, the rules should go out the window.

ReputationRep:
    You couldnt script it...http://dailyablution.blogs.com/the_d...time_to_d.html

Are the 'mainstream' British left now a mouthpiece for Islamic extremism?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.