Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    I really liked the way the lib-dems stuck up for freedom of speech for the National Front in newcastle.http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/e...name_page.html
    I really like the way the BNP . . .
    Actually, there is nothing I like about the BNP.
    Any particular reason you chose the National Front? Would you rather Labour won their proposal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    Thats up to their governments to decide, nothing to do with us. Although if I ruled the entire world, I would take the whites out of south africa and give it totally to the blacks, as for australia and new zealand they are too white now to change them back.
    So if Britain became too "ethnic", the BNP would go away?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    So if Britain became too "ethnic", the BNP would go away?
    Hopefully.
    We see very little of them anyway, would we miss them if they did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)
    Hopefully.
    I'm off then - need to start making babies..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    I'm off then - need to start making babies..
    Remember - first you need some flour, then eggs, water! Ill send you a recipe for some nice cinamon ones!

Ooooops, thought you said bagels! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)
    Remember - first you need some flour, then eggs, water! Ill send you a recipe for some nice cinamon ones!

Ooooops, thought you said bagels! :p:
    Oh dear.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Its late, Im tired. My excuses!

ReputationRep:
    Free speech is freedom to say what you want within the law. That means, anything that doesn't harm someone's legally protected interests. Obviously there are limits - if you violate a secrecy agreement, or defame someone then you're liable for the FINANCIAL damage that has done to them. However, being offended does not bring a financial loss, hence why it's not legally protected.

To be honest, anyone who gets 'offended' by anything is something of a ****** anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)
    Freedom of Speech is more the ability to moan about the administration (government), the state, way things are in general. NOT a chance for people to spread religious hatred, biggotry, or views which are likely to offend people. Its a common mis-conception.
    In conclusion - Freedom of Speech is the right to moan if one wants, it is not a right to openly offend or insult someone.
    Au contraire. Many famous liberal thinkers, Mill especially, believe that something being offensive is not a good enough reason to restrict that speech.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.