Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i got my sats results lvl 8 math 29/30 mental 41/60 paper1 43/60 paper2

and lvl 6 science off a lvl 7 by 2 marks get english nxt yr

ReputationRep:
    Well done!

I can barely remember how my SATs were :confused: I got an 8 at Maths and two 7s at English and Science though, which made me quite pleased

Michael

ReputationRep:
    Well done! When I did my SATs, we were never told our actual marks, just our levels. I got a 7 in maths and a 6 in science, didn't do English because I was ill but I was predicted a level 7. It's amazing how quickly everyone forgets all about them though!

Edit: Strange how in the SATs I did better in maths than in science, but at GCSE it was the other way around....

ReputationRep:
    Omg SATs lol, I got 7, 6, 5.

7 in science
    6 in maths
    5 in english (then went on to get A* in GCSE english) - shows how irrelevant SAT results are.

ReputationRep:
    i got 778, 8 in maths

ReputationRep:
    I got 888. Woo! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    Edit: Strange how in the SATs I did better in maths than in science, but at GCSE it was the other way around....
    I got level 8 in maths and then an A at GCSE. I got level 7 in English and an A* at GCSE. SATs sucks

ReputationRep:
    Looking back they are a bt pointless, but they were used to put you in sets for GCSE which would then determine what paper you did. I got 7 in English (on normal paper) and 2 6's.

ReputationRep:
    I got

7, 8, 8

My seven was in ENglish. I was happy, but those seem ages away.

I am now freaking about my GCSE exams next year! LOL

Amrou

ReputationRep:
    SATS, wow, that was ages ago.

I got EP in English (have it!)
    and 7 and 7 in Maths and Science.

ReputationRep:
    i got straights 8s at sats... i sat the exceptional performance paper for science! sats are just a bit of fun really; nobody cares about them. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    SATs, that was a long time ago.

I managed 776 - 6 being in science, yet ended up with a C at GCSE Maths despite being predicted an A :rolleyes:

Get rid of the whole thing I say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    SATs, that was a long time ago.

I managed 776 - 6 being in science, yet ended up with a C at GCSE Maths despite being predicted an A :rolleyes:

Get rid of the whole thing I say!
    no. because they determine what gcse sets you are allocated to. they suck but are useful in some respects.

ReputationRep:
    I got 7 in Maths (8 marks off an 8) and 7 in Science, and an 8 in English.

ReputationRep:
    To the poster - it's a little bit sad that you joined this forum just to boast about your SATs results. That's such a funny first post. xx

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember. ****ing waste of time. Well done though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    To the poster - it's a little bit sad that you joined this forum just to boast about your SATs results. That's such a funny first post. xx
    i know! talk about feeding the trolls. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    no. because they determine what gcse sets you are allocated to. they suck but are useful in some respects.
    What use is teacher assessment? If the teacher thinks x can get an A, they should be in the appropriate set. You don't need a rubbish little exam to prove it.

ReputationRep:
    8 Maths
    8 English
    7 Science
    But SATs are so irrelevant...just a bit of fun!
    Well done on your results tho flashxtreme!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    True, but in my school for GCSE it was only Maths and English we were put into sets... all the others were mixed ability classes. Which was a very bad idea IMO.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.