Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    What use is teacher assessment? If the teacher thinks x can get an A, they should be in the appropriate set. You don't need a rubbish little exam to prove it.
    i was moved to the top maths set after my excellent sats performance. :rolleyes: go figure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    i was moved to the top maths set after my excellent sats performance. :rolleyes: go figure.
    So was I. And then ended up with a C. Go figure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    True, but in my school for GCSE it was only Maths and English we were put into sets... all the others were mixed ability classes. Which was a very bad idea IMO.
    my english class was mixed ability. i hated it. i wanted to do synoptic genre analysis, but we couldn't, we had to spend 2 weeks on when to use commas, full stops and apostrophes for the retards who don't know anything. dumb people have well and truely fücked up my gcses. i am so glad that science and maths were not mixed ability otherwise i swear i would've killed somebody.

ReputationRep:
    So was I. And then ended up with a C. Go figure.
    yeah, i figure that your not very good at maths. oh well. life goes on.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here ever got xp in their sats or whatever it was? We did a special English paper where you could score an 8 or xp, i'm sure there was.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here ever got xp in their sats or whatever it was? We did a special English paper where you could score an 8 or xp, i'm sure there was.
    yeah I did it too. One of my mates got an 8. Don't think anyone got EP.

ReputationRep:
    i got exceptional performance for science - i found it patronisingly easy.

ReputationRep:
    Ha! well done on that

Did you work for your sats to get that result? I didn't get my ass into gear until around half way through year 10. woops

ReputationRep:
    I also love how everyone is saying how irrelevant SATs are, yet they're still posting their above average results. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    To the poster - it's a little bit sad that you joined this forum just to boast about your SATs results. That's such a funny first post. xx
    I doubt that was the only reason they joined the forum, and maybe they didn't know what else to talk about. I don't understand why whenever anyoe mentions their grades on here, some people automatically have a go at them for boasting, even if they're just trying to make friends.

As for people posting their SATs results even if they think SATs are irrelevant, maybe it's because that's what this thread is about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    I also love how everyone is saying how irrelevant SATs are, yet they're still posting their above average results. xx
    lol...im still proud my results even if SATs are totally irrelevant :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What's average level in SAT's? Is it level 5? When do they get the results? My brother has taken them and has got his Maths one aswell but informs me that he won't get the others till the new term!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fivebyfive)
    What's average level in SAT's? Is it level 5? When do they get the results? My brother has taken them and has got his Maths one aswell but informs me that he won't get the others till the new term!
    It's either 5 or 6, not sure which one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    It's either 5 or 6, not sure which one.
    Its 5 and 6 I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Its 5 and 6 I believe.
    Oh, like it's C/D at GCSE I think.

ReputationRep:
    i was told 5 5 5 was average by my teachers. but that seems a bit low, 6 6 6 seems about right.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here ever got xp in their sats or whatever it was?
    A guy in my year got EP for English. He was the first person in the school to get EP for anything, and was called "EP Boy" for a long time afterwards. He is f*cking amazing at English though and going to Cambridge methinks.

(Original post by kellywood_5)
    I don't understand why whenever anyoe mentions their grades on here, some people automatically have a go at them for boasting
    Neither do I. I mean if you get 12 A*s or whatever and are just stating that, then it's not boasting, it's telling the truth! It hacks me off how people can shout about how funny it is that they got 8 Es or whatever and don't get shouted at, but those who get good grades are automatically accused of bragging even though they can't change the grades they got and are obviously clever anyway!

ReputationRep:
    What use is teacher assessment? If the teacher thinks x can get an A, they should be in the appropriate set. You don't need a rubbish little exam to prove it.
    why? why is it rubbish? or why is it useful as whizz kid says?

ReputationRep:
    Let me just clarify my point. I don't mind people being proud of their grades, or even starting threads so people can share their grades. That is natural on a student forum. I just thought it was funny that it was his first post. That's all. I might be wrong that he joined so he could post his grade. xx

ReputationRep:
    lol you can only get 877 (8 in maths) nowsdays thats the best you can gets they took out ep and stuff which i thought was slack at the time coz we were the first yr with da new ssytem, but come i dunno two days later nooone cared and once y10 was there we had more important things lol.

but i got 877 in yr9
    555 in yr6(school didnt offer ep in yr6)

EP,EP,3 (3 in science) in yr2 ,lol i only remember that coz i got EPEP lol

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.