Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    lol you can only get 877 (8 in maths) nowsdays thats the best you can gets they took out ep and stuff which i thought was slack at the time coz we were the first yr with da new ssytem, but come i dunno two days later nooone cared and once y10 was there we had more important things lol.

but i got 877 in yr9
    555 in yr6(school didnt offer ep in yr6)

EP,EP,3 (3 in science) in yr2 ,lol i only remember that coz i got EPEP lol
    ep in year 2? lol cool.

ReputationRep:
    Lucky piggies who got their results now... we get them late july and have to trudge back to school during the summer *sighs*. One of the downsides of living halfway round the world (=

ReputationRep:
    I got 8,7,6. Seemed really scary at the time because they were the first big exams in the hall with the little desks and the mean invigilators. I came top in maths and science in my year so I was really proud at the time. Now I'm just trying to work out what the point of them actually was. GCSEs just seemed so much more relaxed in the actual exams which I found really weird.

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember what I got but I know I was really pleased with it and my total overall was the highest in the year, but the actual grades have slipped my mind.

ReputationRep:
    I remember I forgot the Science extension paper was on a particular morning and just went to a food technology lesson, hehe I'm a prune! I got 8 7 6 in the end, was predicted 8 7 7... one girl in my year actually cried because she only got a level 6 in English.

I remember my year 6 SATS better though, did them whilst suffering Chicken Pox, was terrible

And on teacher assessment, I got a level 4 for Design technology I think, back of the net! ...

ReputationRep:
    Well done to everyone for their results

ReputationRep:
    I got EPs in Maths and Science. For Science I did almost no work, and scraped it by 1 mark. In Maths I did some work.

I know they're irrelevant and it was a long time ago and I shouldn't boast anyway ... it's just that I've never done as well in anything since then and probably never will. If you think about it it's quite sad. I reached my intellectual peak aged 14...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allyria)
    I got EPs in Maths and Science. For Science I did almost no work, and scraped it by 1 mark. In Maths I did some work.

I know they're irrelevant and it was a long time ago and I shouldn't boast anyway ... it's just that I've never done as well in anything since then and probably never will. If you think about it it's quite sad. I reached my intellectual peak aged 14...
    I don't think many people did any work either - well I certainly didn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    I don't think many people did any work either - well I certainly didn't.
    I guess not. I never really properly revised until A levels...

ReputationRep:
    ooh back in the day.. (2 years ago).. i got 777 :p:

ReputationRep:
    I can't really remember my Sats exams - a lot seems to have happend in my 2 GCSE years since then. When you reach year 10 and most certainly by the end of year 11 you will have forgotten all about them. They provide you with an understanding of what you have achieved to date and now provide a firm foundation on which you can build on next year during your GCSE study. They might also be used to work out target grades and to decide which group you are in for your GCSEs and therefore which paper you do in subjects where there are different levels such as Maths.
    Well done on your results!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.