The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Speleo
He can assault, rob or rape someone who enters his taxi?
They're all crimes, but so is racism/religious hatred.

No once again you're twisting my words. When I said it's his taxi so he can do what he wants, it was meant in the context that he can let anyone he wants in the taxi, and refuse others. Only you appreared to have misinterpreted :rolleyes: again.
Reply 121
No once again you're twisting my words. When I said it's his taxi so he can do what he wants, it was meant in the context that he can let anyone he wants in the taxi, and refuse others. Only you appreared to have misinterpreted again.

You said he can say racist stuff to anyone who gets in to his cab, and generally discriminate based on religion or race, which is illegal.
Reply 122
Speleo
You said he can say racist stuff to anyone who gets in to his cab, and generally discriminate based on religion or race, which is illegal.

Errm no. If you're gonna marhsal the post, at least do it in a better way and not so blatantly.

You said he can say racist stuff to anyone who gets in to his cab

Please do point this out.
Straight Talker
he can let anyone he wants in the taxi, and refuse others. .

That's not true, that is actually illegal to do that for whatever reason. And to do it on the basis of racial/religious bigotry is another seperate offence. So no, he doesn't have the 'right' to do that.
he can let anyone he wants in the taxi, and refuse others. .

Just to add, the taxi (Im assuming it was a black cab) is a public service, just like the tube or bus. You can't refuse anyone for any reason (as far as I know).
Reply 125
Speleo
A taxi driver is an interesting and perhaps a special case. Drivers in the U.S. have been brought to court for not stopping for a minority (even if the driver is a minority), but in many cases, it's because the driver fears for his life.

As for the cabbie saying what he wants, I suppose he may be arrested for assault, if he directs his insults to the person in the cab, BUT, if the cabbie directs his insults to an ethnic group or religion in general, it's all part of free speech.
Douglas

As for the cabbie saying what he wants, I suppose he may be arrested for assault, if he directs his insults to the person in the cab, BUT, if the cabbie directs his insults to an ethnic group or religion in general, it's all part of free speech.

You can be charged with incitement to racial hatred, and hopefully religious hatred soon.
Reply 127
so many muslim threads are propping up after these findings today:eek:...i say lock up all the terror suspects..and teh extremist muslims ars they pose a real serious terror threat
thebucketwoman
You can be charged with incitement to racial hatred, and hopefully religious hatred soon.

what would count as religious hatred? hating a religion?
homoterror
what would count as religious hatred? hating a religion?

No, inciting violence towards people based on their faith.
thebucketwoman

A law will not stop hatred. I hate Islam, Judaism etc and i have a right to say that for relgions are beleifs, just like say communism and as such should not be protected against criticism.
thebucketwoman
No, inciting violence towards people based on their faith.

Ah right. But surely it's already illegal to incite violence of any kind?
Reply 132
I do think its wrong to blame muslims, espaicially when we have no idea who was behind it. It has now become very obvious to blame muslims for each terrorist attack. The image of muslims that media in our country has created is very wrong.
yoursdude
I do think its wrong to blame muslims, espaicially when we have no idea who was behind it. It has now become very obvious to blame muslims for each terrorist attack. The image of muslims that media in our country has created is very wrong.

Many people are opposed to Islam not because of the terrorist attacks, but because of what the koran and hadiths say.
Reply 134
Weejimmie
Certain organisations chose not to allw them in their offices. They don't allow other things there either. i agree, it's a petty fuss, but banning? You can buy them and send them as you please.
So he wasn't locked up then.

From your speeches it seems that you do not like muslims, but let me remind u that what this person did was racism and any other person wether he is muslim or any other citizen would be dealt same way!
Reply 135
objectivism
Many people are opposed to Islam not because of the terrorist attacks, but because of what the koran and hadiths say.

what do u mean?
quran and hadiths are all good and they do not oppose any religeon!
yoursdude
what do u mean?
hadiths are all good and they do not oppose any religeon!

The fact that may verses condemn people of other faiths and call for their death. One hadith tells us that Mohammed married a girl at 6 and had sex with her at 9. Is that good?
Reply 137
objectivism
The fact that may verses condemn people of other faiths and call for their death. One hadith tells us that Mohammed married a girl at 6 and had sex with her at 9. Is that good?

Hey dude there are noo hadth at all that say this "do u even know what a hadith is"
it is what the prophet said!
there is no such hadith if u ask ur RE teacher he might be able to help u and tell u that there is no such hadith however if u juat made that up than i am afraid we cant solve this misunderstanding of urs!
yoursdude
Hey dude there are noo hadth at all that say this "do u even know what a hadith is"
it is what the prophet said!
there is no such hadith if u ask ur RE teacher he might be able to help u and tell u that there is no such hadith however if u juat made that up than i am afraid we cant solve this misunderstanding of urs!

''Narrated Aisha that the prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old." Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol. 7:64

Get informed
Reply 139
Can i have this website!
i mean the one u got this info from!

Latest

Trending

Trending