Turn on thread page Beta

Blaming Muslims (merged with muslim, terror and reality) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoursdude)
    Can i have this website!
    i mean the one u got this info from!
    http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/_ch...m&mohammed.htm

ReputationRep:
    Objectif, is it more important to look at the ideological background of the terrorists than at the ideological background of the people who make Britain rather than say, Switzerland, a target for the terrorism?

Or for that matter the ideologues who insist that all peoples are the same, will behave the same, can be assimilated and will be just as Western as the native Whites who created Western Civ - even if they do not like the West or it's people?

You're blaming Muslims for being Muslim.

And being honest about Islam doesn't work, the Muslims deny all and the nice types accept the guff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArthurOliver)
    Objectif, is it more important to look at the ideological background of the terrorists than at the ideological background of the people who make Britain rather than say, Switzerland, a target for the terrorism?

Or for that matter the ideologues who insist that all peoples are the same, will behave the same, can be assimilated and will be just as Western as the native Whites who created Western Civ - even if they do not like the West or it's people?

You're blaming Muslims for being Muslim.

And being honest about Islam doesn't work, the Muslims deny all and the nice types accept the guff.

If it is true that this 'does not work' why does it make it wrong to point out Islam is evil? If communism was hard to defeat should we not have bothered attacking that? If something is wrong it is wrong and this should be pointed out. To do otherwise to to betray one's principles.

I don't know why you are attacking me, why don;t you go after the left wing people. The reason why the right does not suceed is because people turn on each other instead of the real enemy. That is the worse tactic possible and you have committed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by objectivism)
    I don't know why you are attacking me, why don;t you go after the left wing people. The reason why the right does not suceed is because people turn on each other instead of the real enemy. That is the worse tactic possible and you have committed it.
    A Randian who believes the "left and right" axis means anything? A Randian who has racial collectivist comrades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    A Randian who believes the "left and right" axis means anything? A Randian who has racial collectivist comrades?

I was referring to the context of condeming Islam since this is what this thread is about.

(Original post by thebucketwoman)
    You can be charged with incitement to racial hatred, and hopefully religious hatred soon.
    You mean to tell me that if I stand in Trafalgar Square and shriek "I hate eskimo's", I can be arrested??

And here I thought I read that there are muslim clerics in London that are openly pro bin laden and preach this to their congregation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Douglas)
    You mean to tell me that if I stand in Trafalgar Square and shriek "I hate eskimo's", I can be arrested??

And here I thought I read that there are muslim clerics in London that are openly pro bin laden and preach this to their congregation.
    Haven't you learned yet; 1 rule for Muslims and 1 rule for the Infidels.

ReputationRep:
    thats quite a big ratio 50% muslims 50% infidels, that 50% of infidels are something to ponder upon. I came from a country with an islamic terrorist group, they wanted to separate the part of the country and completely be independent. They wanted a muslim state and everyone of who lives there to be muslim. The government has given them an autonomous region for muslims but they say its not enough. But it was understandable as the land, on the earliest of times, was reighned by a muslim. There was no christianity there until the spaniards came.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by objectivism)
    If it is true that this 'does not work' why does it make it wrong to point out Islam is evil? If communism was hard to defeat should we not have bothered attacking that? If something is wrong it is wrong and this should be pointed out. To do otherwise to to betray one's principles.

Sorry. Defeatist. You're right to critique Islam in exactly the way that you are doing.

No critique of the soft Western idealism which allows the virus to spread tho'? You can't dismantle an irrational movement with rational platitude.

JonD, you can't think about race without being collectivist, sorta defining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bleddyn)
    Yes he was, be it for a short period.
    He was detained, questioned, charged and released. He was not beaten up or secretly imprisoned. How does it differfrom being charged with a motoring offence in practise?
    Ironically, I'd agree that even if displaying what he says- and presumably thinks- in private is justified charging him as if he had said it in public after it has been openly displayed by others is not a good thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    Just to add, the taxi (Im assuming it was a black cab) is a public service, just like the tube or bus. You can't refuse anyone for any reason (as far as I know).
    There are legally valid reasons to reject a passenger- being drunk or excessively dirty for example- but thye are very limited. There was a case a few years ago that confirmed that passengers had a right to smoke in the back of a taxi, for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoursdude)
    quran and hadiths are all good and they do not oppose any religeon!
    ...except "polytheism" and unbelief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hach)
    .I think that this is creating more animosity and by doing so this is only going to lead to more segregation.

I believe that to blame all muslims is totally wrong, as in islam it teaches to condemn all terrorists acts, and those who claim to be islamist terrorists are actually not part of the islam faith and are not true muslims. The two words do not mix.

How come each time a terrorist attack takes place Muslims are blamed?
    To the first point--the muslim community, probably more than any other--actively wants segregation, and are negative about integration-hence the talk of 'our muslim brothers and sisters' in the middle east, and the fact that some of these terrorists have been protected, and others could easily have been spotted by their local communities-they had been banned from their local mosque for extremism, they had been to training camps in Pakistan, they were holding late night meetings--the fact that none of this indicated to their community that they had inclinations towards terrorism/jihad/whatever, is very hard to believe. The alternative, more plausible theory is they were sympathised with and protected by a muslim community that sticks together.
    To the second point-Religion's pick and mix, different people with differing ideas will use and quote different parts of their religious text. Some bits of the Qu'ran talk about being merciful and not to kill, others talk about the slaying of infidels. As an aside, it always seems absurd to me that religious texts contain such contradiction, as an athiest i thought the whole purpose of religion was to remove uncertainties and ambiguities, and to provide certainties and guidance.
    To the third-Because they are usually by muslims! How many sikhs, hindus, buddhists, taoists or hare krishners have you seen blow themselves up recently?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.