Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RxB)
    I'm sure your degree in neuroscience will verify this.

Wait...
    It's called common sense. Your body is naturally made with a certain balance of chemicals (common sense). You think medicating yourself--and thus in a way injecting yourself with outside chemicals--for psychological problems helps?

Honestly, you don't need a neuroscience degree to have common sense.

ReputationRep:
    as you increase your understanding of something, you can increase your control of it.
    I believe one of the best uses of drugs for a psychological problem would be the treatment of schizophrenia using medication.
    What you are suggesting is that the balance of these chemicals in every person is at the perfect level to keep them perfectly healthy, whereas the truth is this purely isn't the case - an example of this is thyroid defficiencies, or even moreso gout.
    how can you argue that the normal state for someones joints is to be seized with crystallisation of bodily minerals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)
    It's called common sense. Your body is naturally made with a certain balance of chemicals (common sense). You think medicating yourself--and thus in a way injecting yourself with outside chemicals--for psychological problems helps?

Honestly, you don't need a neuroscience degree to have common sense.
    Your knowledge of neuropharmacology astounds me.

ReputationRep:
    if your body happens to have an inbalance of those "chemicals" then i think compensating for these & trying to correct them with 'outside' but precursor or synthetic versions, or mere enzyme inhibitors might indeed help symptoms = common sense.

the real issue is one of underlying relationship of cause and effect. not whether drugs can have an objective positive effect in these situations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Your knowledge of neuropharmacology astounds me.
    it is pretty amazing...it wouldn't even pass in a pub neuropharmacology debate
    from someone claiming to study neuroscience too....i didn't know they offered it as a GCSE...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    from someone claiming to study neuroscience too....i didn't know they offered it as a GCSE...
    Well he's from America, maybe they offer a multiple choice exam in the subject.

ReputationRep:

Firstly, I'm studying economics/history NOT neuroscience..Learn to read my signature. Secondly, I am MALE??/??Wow, I thought I was female

Are you guys really that dense? Wait, pointless query.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RxB)
    interesting
    Um, look at the rest of it.

ReputationRep:
    Secondly, I am MALE.
    interesting

ReputationRep:
    its still quite amazing how she can claim to debate so competently on a subject she is so withdrawn from, both socially and geographically...

ReputationRep:
    its still quite amazing how she can claim to debate so competently on a subject she is so withdrawn from, both socially and geographically...

It's amazing how you guys come onto this thread not to debate the pathetic nature of it, but simply to spout totally unrelated & unwarranted criticisms.

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing - with every post she makes, the mental image of a circus freak gets stornger!

ReputationRep:
    I just pointed it out as yesterday you were female.

Anyway, can I check something? Officially I'm dyslexic. Does that mean I'm actually stupid, and should stop complaining?

ReputationRep:
    Sly: You've crossed the line rather...

ReputationRep:
    And honestly, do you think "warnings" are really that scary? People can just create another name and thus post on this site anyway. Honestly..what's the point of having warnings that "ban" people. After school starts people won't even go onto this site, let alone care.

ReputationRep:
    Sure, continue removing my posts. ...for no reason.

RxB asked me for my opinion, and I responded.

ReputationRep:
    And honestly, do you think "warnings" are really that scary? People can just create another name and thus post on this site anyway. Honestly..what's the point of having warnings that "ban" people. After school starts people won't even go onto this site, let alone care.
    ...about you.

ReputationRep:
    so, out of interest, when does "school" start for you, Sly?

ReputationRep:
    See, this is what I will do now, I will get the email of the person I've been talking to from TSR as a precaution , and if you ban me..I will continue talking to this person.

ReputationRep:
    I can take it. I just didn't really think you answered the question: you stated things about my apparent reading comprehension skills based on what you've seen here, dodging the question with attempted witticisms.

Yes or no: is dyslexia basically a justification for stupidity?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.