Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    so, out of interest, when does "school" start for you, Sly?

End of August. So I have a couple of weeks left until reality checks in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RxB)
    I just pointed it out as yesterday you were female.

Anyway, can I check something? Officially I'm dyslexic. Does that mean I'm
    actually stupid, and should stop complaining?
    One of my friends is dyslexic, he's a maths genius.

ReputationRep:
    its great...she's been here for a maximum of 6 days, and is already holding the knowledge of the demographics of usage of the site through the year...
    surely common sense would dictate people are more likely to post WHEN NOT ON HOLIDAY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RxB)
    I can take it. I just didn't really think you answered the question: you stated things about my apparent reading comprehension skills based on what you've seen here, dodging the question with attempted witticisms.

Yes or no: is dyslexia basically a justification for stupidity?
    Honestly RxB, if you want me to actually talk to you, you need to stop warning me, etc.

And because of this--which is truly the first thing that has irritated me on this site--I don't care.

If you want someone to talk to you, you can stop deleting their posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)
    And honestly, do you think "warnings" are really that scary? People can just create another name and thus post on this site anyway. Honestly..what's the point of having warnings that "ban" people. After school starts people won't even go onto this site, let alone care.
    No, I know they're not. But if you get 15 you'll get banned for a week. And if you create a 2nd account during that time, that'll get permanently banned. If you don't care about this site, don't waste your time antagonising so many people.

See, this is what I will do now, I will get the email of the person I've been talking to from TSR as a precaution , and if you ban me..I will continue talking to this person.
    That's nice for you. I couldn't give a monkey's who you talk to off TSR, I don't have to moderate that.

And you DID insult RxB hence its removal - saying someone shouldn't have been born because they're "deformed" - since when has dyslexia been a deformity - is NOT on.

He wasn't deleting them, or warning you, that was me. I'll continue to do so if you continue to be offensive.

ReputationRep:
    :congrats: helenia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    No, I know they're not. But if you get 15 you'll get banned for a week. And if you create a 2nd account during that time, that'll get permanently banned. If you don't care about this site, don't waste your time antagonising so many people.

That's nice for you. I couldn't give a monkey's who you talk to off TSR, I don't have to moderate that.

And you DID insult RxB hence its removal - saying someone shouldn't have been born because they're "deformed" - since when has dyslexia been a deformity - is NOT on.

Actually I said educational deficiency, not deformity.

And once school starts I promise you I won't be on this site. (Rejoice if you may.) I'm taking a rigorous curriculum next semester and have to work as an intern.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. A rigorous curriculum at a non-Ivy uni?

ReputationRep:
    Actually I said educational deficiency, not deformity.

And once school starts I promise you I won't be on this site. (Rejoice if you may.) I'm taking a rigorous curriculum next semester and have to work as an intern.
    Regardless, saying he shouldn't have been born because of dyslexia is bloody ridiculous.

And if you carry on this way I doubt you'll make it to the end of the summer holidays.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly RxB, if you want me to actually talk to you, you need to stop warning me, etc.

And because of this--which is truly the first thing that has irritated me on this site--I don't care.

I don't get it: I didn't delete anything, or give any warnings, I don't have mod privileges.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    Haha. A rigorous curriculum at a non-Ivy uni?

Yeah surprising isn't it. But I guess since I'm a double major, it's somewhat different. But keep in mind the internship takes a lot of time too.

As for the banning, could you at least wait another 5 minutes while I get this kid's email?

Thnx.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RxB)
    I don't get it: I didn't delete anything, or give any warnings, I don't have mod privileges.

Ok, I already said I don't care anymore.

ReputationRep:
    So you're pursuing TWO subjects roughly to a first year (british) uni standard over four years...wow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    So you're pursuing TWO subjects roughly to a first year (british) uni standard over four years...wow.
    Aw I know. I'm just greedy like that; I want to get my money's worth.

P.S. I just got his email. You can ban me now if you please.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I already said I don't care anymore.
    So you're not going to answer the question?

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored with this. Night night kids. Play nicely elsewhere.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.