Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Unfortunately it isn't, no :sad:
Lover's Knot
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
Get your lazy self out of bed and brush your teeth! Teenagers these days!
mayh3m
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's been snowing in my city for the last 3 days in various places. I just seem to have missed it every single time.

Managed to catch the hailstones though. Yippee.
phen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by EmmaDilemma)
Ah whats the weather like where you're currently staying TSR?

I'm currently lying in bed with the laptop due to the fact my drive way is about 3 inches deep in snow and our country road hasn't been cleared :rolleyes: Been waiting on Mr Plow for about 2 hours now.. still no sign
Not right now, but there's still too much snow on the roads and all sorts of public transport is absolutely horrible at the moment.

Missed one christmas party which I was really looking forward to (to get my mind of Cambridge, since I had the interview earlier in the week of that party). Now I can't get to friends who I was going to stay at, which I was also REALLY looking forward to (not only as a sort of back-up to get my mind of yadda yadda).

I'm getting a bit sick of this.
Tefhel
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes, just. So happy, I love it when it snows!
vander Beth
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No

Possibly later, though.
I'm_Unsafe.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No, it snowed like once two days ago and all that we have is a thin layer covering pavements/roofs. However, it's still ******* me over, I was supposed to be travelling to the Lake District and staying there for the night tonight, but that idea has been royally screwed. Gah.
LC_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes its snowing
heidigirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It snowed yesterday, and the day before, and at various times last week. There's a lot of snow on the ground, but the snow plough's already been so all the roads are clear. It was interesting on Saturday when they were out in force-we nearly hit two; they don't stop if you get in their way!

It would be weirder here if we didn't have snow at this time of year. It's pretty cold too (it was -13 Saturday night), so as long as it doesn't warm up and melt, should be a white Christmas.
phen
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
No, it snowed like once two days ago and all that we have is a thin layer covering pavements/roofs. However, it's still ******* me over, I was supposed to be travelling to the Lake District and staying there for the night tonight, but that idea has been royally screwed. Gah.
I haven't done anything special since like Wednesday. It's boring the **** out of me. ): Everything that I was planning on doing between Wednesday and now has been ****** over.
Smeh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It was snowing a few days ago but it's not now.
Still enough snow to be a menace though.
And it's really cold out so it's all frozen over and is slippery.
...I may have fallen over once or twice.
I'm_Unsafe.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by phen)
I haven't done anything special since like Wednesday. It's boring the **** out of me. ): Everything that I was planning on doing between Wednesday and now has been ****** over.
Yeah, I'd been waiting ALL WEEK to do this, sitting around doing nothing. Now I have the prospect of sitting around for a further two days.

Now I've made secondary plans to go to Worcester. Now that's only 37 miles away and I swear to God if it starts snowing there too I will probably lose my mind.
345h455g456h4s
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It snowed rather lightly yesterday, but not today.
phen
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
Yeah, I'd been waiting ALL WEEK to do this, sitting around doing nothing. Now I have the prospect of sitting around for a further two days.

Now I've made secondary plans to go to Worcester. Now that's only 37 miles away and I swear to God if it starts snowing there too I will probably lose my mind.
That's great. Too bad my secondary plans got screwed today.. I don't know what I'm going to do now. I've been sitting around doing nothing, really. It's kind of frustrating to have all my plans ****** over, especially since I'm not a particularly outgoing person in the first place.
I'm just glad I had a lot of fun last week when I went to England for my interviews. Didn't plan on that becoming the last real fun thing I'd be doing lately.
Fear Nothing
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by EmmaDilemma)
Spoiler:
Show
Ah whats the weather like where you're currently staying TSR?

I'm currently lying in bed with the laptop due to the fact my drive way is about 3 inches deep in snow and our country road hasn't been cleared :rolleyes: Been waiting on Mr Plow for about 2 hours now.. still no sign

The joys of living in rural scotland |:
Where I live we have had around 4 inches of snow over the past 3 days and the temperature is between 6 below freezing and just above, so the white stuff seems to be staying. Which if anyone has forgotten means... WHITE CHRISTMAS!
Spooky_Rach
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It snowed where I am last week on Thursday (there was about 5 inches). Haven't had anymore since then, but it's been freezing cold since then, so the snow hasn't had a chance to melt.
Emma.x
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Nope, a tiny tiny miniscule amount a few days ago but it didnt stick
buttt...
it is very icy and its the thick white icy which is almost like snow lol so may still be a white chritstmas just icy not snowy lol
username271381
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's not snowing here anymore... it did LOADS on Thursday, so now we're just suffering as a result of Brighton and Hove City Council's inability to grit the residential areas. Splashed all over the local news is tales of the elderly skidding over on the ice and how stretched the A&E department is, but clearly not to the extent that they'll do anything about it. The community grit bins are all empty where people have taken it into their own hands to grit their paths or whatever, but it's really not good. Ice EVERYWHERE, and I need to get to work this evening, but with no buses running in my area still and ice covering the route to the nearest bus stop, I don't know what to do.
areyousure?
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's raining but no snow =C
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads