Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Good work PMing a moderator claiming that I was abusing you via PM by.. sending two messages asking you to answer a question you simply couldn't.
    Excuse me but what has the got to do with this thread at all? Are you following me now?! Wouldn't put it past you. Yes I pm-ed a mod to stop you harassing me with ridiculous questions, as having already asked you, it seemed to much for you to comprehend a simple request. Now please be quiet and let people continue their thought on this thread. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Good work PMing a moderator claiming that I was abusing you via PM by.. sending two messages asking you to answer a question you simply couldn't.
    what questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight Talker)
    Excuse me but what has the got to do with this thread at all? Are you following me now?! Wouldn't put it past you. Yes I pm-ed a mod to stop you harassing me with ridiculous questions, as having already asked you, it seemed to much for you to comprehend a simple request. Now please be quiet and let people continue their thought on this thread. Thank you.
    Why was my question ridiculous? I would love to let people continue with this thread but unfortunately you have told me to stop "harassing" you (sending two PMs).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saturn)
    what questions?
    Basically, it comes from her saying:

IMO whatever 'type' it responsible for the bombings should be deported. For example is muslims were responsible, ALL muslims should be deported, no matter what.
    So I then asked:

You advocate deporting entire populations after the crimes of some who belong to their race. Do you think the entire white population should have been deported from South Africa about 15 years ago (or at any point during from about 1950) then? What about after Sharpeville? If not, why not?
    She claims she has a response but for some reason won't give it, either on the message board or via PM. I think her inability to apply her previous 'rule' displays sheer racism.

ReputationRep:

So I then asked:

She claims she has a response but for some reason won't give it, either on the message board or via PM. I think her inability to apply her previous 'rule' displays sheer racism.
    Her statements stupid to me, why should all of the same race as terrorists be deported :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saturn)
    Her statements stupid to me, why should all of the same race as terrorists be deported :confused:
    Well that's just her opinion, but it's odd that she isn't prepared to say whether this (ridiculous) 'logic' shouldn't be applied to other races (including whites).

Her obvious reluctance to apply the same treatment to all races cannot be seen as anything other than racism, quite simply.

ReputationRep:

So I then asked:

she's certainly caused quite a stir with that one particular, ridiculously ignorant comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masonne)
    she's certainly caused quite a stir with that one particular, ridiculously ignorant comment.
    It's not really the original comment I'm interested in, it's her inability to apply the same standards to people, irrespective of their race: racism.

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid thing to do. Why would people want to be this religion? And before you ask I'm NOT trying to cause an arguement, just wondering what justification there can be for that sort of punishment/behaviour. Absolutely none.
    its not universal, because the religion is not monolithic. not everyone who is muslim would be treated as such....thats why you should read the post by the guy from malaysia. its like saying, why would someone want to be christian and pointing to chapters in the bible such as....
    punishments for unruly children/offspring:
    "And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die" (Deuteronomy 21:20-21). "For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death" (Mark 7:10). "And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death" (Exodus 21:15). "And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death (Exodus 21:17)."

punishment for promiscuous women:
    "And I will set my jealousy against thee, and they shall deal furiously with thee: they shall take away thy nose and thine ears; and thy remnant shall fall by the sword: they shall take thy sons and thy daughters; and thy residue shall be devoured by the fire. They shall also strip thee out of thy clothes, and take away thy fair jewels. Thus will I make thy lewdness to cease from thee, and thy *****dom brought from the land of Egypt: so that thou shalt not lift up thine eyes unto them, nor remember Egypt any more" (Ezekiel 23:25-27). "And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the *****, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire (Leviticus 21:9)."

so if you apply your statement to islam, you have to also apply your statement to christianity. would you do that???

ReputationRep:
    Punishments vary from country to country. I'm not sure that a woman would be whipped in Lebanon for example, but she would be stoned to death in Iran. In cases of rape too, some Arab societies carry out "honour" killings whereas this would be very rare in Iran.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    Punishments vary from country to country. I'm not sure that a woman would be whipped in Lebanon for example, but she would be stoned to death in Iran. In cases of rape too, some Arab societies carry out "honour" killings whereas this would be very rare in Iran.
    precisely.

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand how if women commit a certain offense they get hit 100 times on the stomach though :confused: Why stomach its just nasty

ReputationRep:
    well obviously your more likely to obey the codes and morals if you are threatened with something so vicious..
    or are you more likely to obey if they give you a pat on the head?
    use a bit of logic...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    I think the killing thing was abolished ages ago but I just thought that whipping women on the stomach was the worst place and really dangerous.
    Any muslims wanna help out?
    A muslim women who has sex and isn't married is whipped 100 times, but not on the stomach. And that is only if she is found out and it becomes know among the people. If she is not found out she can make "tawba" (ask Allah for forgivness) and keep to herself. But ofcourse some people hit on the stomach and kill there unmarried daughters, but they are not going by islam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ace_justncase)
    A muslim women who has sex and isn't married is whipped 100 times, but not on the stomach. And that is only if she is found out and it becomes know among the people. If she is not found out she can make "tawba" (ask Allah for forgivness) and keep to herself. But ofcourse some people hit on the stomach and kill there unmarried daughters, but they are not going by islam
    yes i agree, the bit at the end, thats more social pressure or whatever you want to call it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    well obviously your more likely to obey the codes and morals if you are threatened with something so vicious..
    or are you more likely to obey if they give you a pat on the head?
    use a bit of logic...
    yeah your right but I wanted to know if my mates right when he said women get hit on the stomach 70 times or something, as its really dangerous for women. I dont believe him but can anyone who knows about this explain?

I agree that it provides a good deterrent but hitting a women on the stomach is too vicous. (again I dont even know if its true)

At least over there proper criminals get what they deserve though in Britain people get away with too many crimes

ReputationRep:

So I then asked:

I agree with you Matthew. I would rep you but i've used it up. But we are of topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    yeah your right but I wanted to know if my mates right when he said women get hit on the stomach 70 times or something, as its really dangerous for women. I dont believe him but can anyone who knows about this explain?

I agree that it provides a good deterrent but hitting a women on the stomach is too vicous. (again I dont even know if its true)

At least over there proper criminals get what they deserve though in Britain people get away with too many crimes

No and yes Riddy, people do it, but it is wrong i.e if they were going by the proper islamic religion they shouldn't, but it isn't that wide spread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)

lol i wouldnt believe him... i very much doubt its a common occurance or they wouldve reported it in the papers more often, been more of an outcry etc etc...maybe in the rare odd minority?
    and meh kinda agree with your last comment..

ReputationRep:

So I then asked:

Stop with the spam already! All of you! Let's get back to the original topic eh?

That punishment is assault, plain and simple. If it was attempted in this country, the attacker would be arrested. In some ways, this religion is cruel and outdated, and it makes me glad that I'm Roman Catholic. I don't care what Catholics did in the past. The Catholic religion is a damn sight more civilised. The whole point of believing in a God is believing that he'll either punish you for your sins, or forgive you if you repent. It's not up to other humans (who are equal to you anyway) to punish you. I believe that this is wrong.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.