Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by objectivism)
    Why do you try and deflect attention from this barbaric practice by bring in christianity? Does the fact that bad things happened in christian countries makes these crimes less worse?
    Read twice befor replying.. That girl said that these Rules r out of date.. i said yes, u r right but Islam needs some time to change like christianity..

ReputationRep:
    islam seems to be a very strict religion. i often feel uncomfortable and disturbed when i hear about how the strict practices are enforced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by che guevara)
    Read twice befor replying.. That girl said that these Rules r out of date.. i said yes, u r right but Islam needs some time to change like christianity..
    You mean 1300+ years isn't enough? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    islam seems to be a very strict religion. i often feel uncomfortable and disturbed when i hear about how the strict practices are enforced.
    Its not right to whip women 100 times on the stomach though they could damage something to do with birth and if they accidently hit the heart it can kill!

ReputationRep:
    I think that things like these whippings are only carried out in fundamentalist Islam states. I lived in Mombasa, and island off the coast of Kenya, which has a very high Islam population.

All the Islam women that my mother was friends with seemed very happy with their lives, and many Islam women only wore a scarf instead of the full hijab, if they felt that they didn't want to wear the hijab. To me, these non-fundamentalist Muslims didn't seem strict, cruel or out of date. I went to school with girls who are Muslim, and they were treated very well, too.

*Every* religion has its fundamentalists, and women always seem to get the short end of the stick. Like, in India, where in some areas, wives are abused and even murdered after their dowrys aren't judged to be high enough. And fundamentalist Mormons in America, who marry off their daughters as young as 14, to men three times their age, to be virtual slaves. Islam is just the religion that is in the media at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    hello. As i mentioned before, not all Islamic countries are strict. I'm a chinese and I'm living in Malaysia now. I feel quite happy to live in this country coz the government really gives us (Chinese and Indian) a lot of freedom to persuit our religious belief. At least we still have pork in our country. Most of the islamic countries don't provide pork even their countries have non-muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    You mean 1300+ years isn't enough? :rolleyes:

Well what was christianity like in, say, 1300?

I don't even want to get into that though, I just wanted to say that it's not in the stomach, it's the same as for men, and there's no punishment if they repent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    Well what was christianity like in, say, 1300?

I don't even want to get into that though, I just wanted to say that it's not in the stomach, it's the same as for men, and there's no punishment if they repent.
    Not much worse than the world around it. Anyway, why do you assume that religions evolve in a linear fashion? What makes you think that Christianity is superior to Islam, since you're implying that the end goal of Islam is the same as that of Christianity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenia99093)
    hello. As i mentioned before, not all Islamic countries are strict. I'm a chinese and I'm living in Malaysia now. I feel quite happy to live in this country coz the government really gives us (Chinese and Indian) a lot of freedom to persuit our religious belief. At least we still have pork in our country. Most of the islamic countries don't provide pork even their countries have non-muslims.
    Some countrys are really strict though if they flog women on the stomach i cant understand how this wouldnt kill them. Its not even the safest area :confused:
    Its annoying how they treat genders different ie men dont have to cover up, can go out alone, women cant etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know. Especially those is Middle east. Just give you guys a rough idea that not all islamic countries are like this. I also oppose those punishment on ladies in Middle east. I heard that some Muslims in London are being tortured. I'm not a Muslim but I would like to tell those people that Mulism doesnt equal to terrorists. They are innocent. We have to condemn those terrorists which are psychilogically abnormal not Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    Why would you change religion for someone who you marry? Surely you should both accept each other as you are.
    Roman Catholics do the same thing here.

ReputationRep:
    It's not up to other humans (who are equal to you anyway) to punish you. I believe that this is wrong.
    The Bible says that anyone who 'cmites' one of their parents should be killed.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.