Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So far I have done 5 pieces of coursework, and next year will be my GCSE year.

My grades are as follows:

Original writing for English Language: A (17/20). For that one I proof read throughoughly 2; really picking apart, and looking at the whole thing . Then I just read it once. Overall, I am happy without, although in there, there are some moronic mistakes. Is this ok, or should I redo the piece

Public speaking for English language: A* (37/40) ! No complaints

History coursework on Russia: A* (25/25) Again no complaints.

Macbeth coursework for English literature and english language: B+ (34/45)- 1 mark of an A. I am devastated. I proofread that thing very well I thougt, and still, moronic mistakes. Will this hinder me getting an A in the total GCSE.

History coursework, focussing on prohibition - sources based: Gave that it this week.

So far, are these ok marks? Will they let me get a good mark in English?

Thankyou very much,

Amrou

ReputationRep:
    Are you boasting or complaining ? What is the problem ?

ReputationRep:
    I've done all my coursework and all my GCSEs, my oh my does that feel goood.

ReputationRep:
    Most of it I am happy with,. It is just the Macbeth and Originial writing I am upset with. I have a chance to redo the originial writing, should I?

ReputationRep:
    Macbeth coursework for English literature and english language: B+ (34/45)- 1 mark of an A. I am devastated. I proofread that thing very well I thougt, and still, moronic mistakes. Will this hinder me getting an A in the total GCSE.
    Do you have a chance to redo this one? Not that it really matters to such an extent, as you were only 1 mark off an A, but seen as you are "devastated" I would redo the piece if you get the chance, only as otherwise you'll feel less confident going into the exam, and thus may perform worse (it also takes the pressue off). If it makes you feel any better, for my two pieces of Literature coursework, I got 45/45 for the first one, and only 38/45 or 36/45 for the second on Gothic Novels (can't remember the exact mark!). I did it at 4am in the morning and was also really pissed off with it but I scraped an A. And A* overall. I know I could have done a lot better (English is my best subject, but what can you do eh?).

To be honest, I'd think that getting a B in the coursework might hinder your chances of getting an A* in the Literature. However, this might not be the case as you were only 1 mark below the grade boundary, and also it won't hinder your chances of getting an A by any means, so don't worry about that. Just make sure you do well in the exam, which I'm sure you will.

Original writing for English Language: A (17/20). For that one I proof read throughoughly 2; really picking apart, and looking at the whole thing . Then I just read it once. Overall, I am happy without, although in there, there are some moronic mistakes. Is this ok, or should I redo the piece
    That's just perfectionism - I suffer from that too. Don't worry about 17/20 - it's a great mark, and it'll help boost your confidence for the exam. I also did really well on my Language coursework (overall - 20/20, 20/20, 19/20 = 59/60), and I'm glad of that considering the exam! But seriously 17/20 is a fantastic mark (A*) and there is no need to redo it, you'll just get stressed and overworked. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    armou, you may complain; that is terrible. redo everything, it's a half-arsed attempt by the look of it. you're obviously well below average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    armou, you may complain; that is terrible. redo everything, it's a half-arsed attempt by the look of it. you're obviously well below average.
    true say
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    you r jus boasting

ReputationRep:
    you r jus boasting
    Nah, I don't think that they're boasting...I think they're insecure about their grades and are panicking unnecessarily...I used to be the same. They just need to chill a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who got a C in their coursework and their overall grade was an A :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit unfair that you were able to re-do coursework again and again, but the grades are very good so I wouldn't be upset. Exam is the most important thing!

ReputationRep:
    yeh i got a mid B in one of my courseworks but i'm still pred A*/A* for english, but i guess i'll find out results day.

i also agreee its not boasting it is just y10 worries, come on people lets go back to those olden days and remeber how we used to be at that age lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)
    Most of it I am happy with,. It is just the Macbeth and Originial writing I am upset with. I have a chance to redo the originial writing, should I?
    Your upset with getting an A? Weird..

ReputationRep:
    Usually you get the chance to re-do any piece of coursework you're not happy with in Year 11, so if you know you can do better, do it. It will make you feel so much more confident in the exams and although you could still get A*s in English and English lit with those coursework marks, the higher the better. Personally I regret not re-doing a piece of coursework that I got a B/C on and one I got an A on (A* for the other 2) because I ended up with As in both language and literature, but only 4 marks off A*s and would have got them if I'd re-done the coursework.

ReputationRep:
    ffs, are you being serious? Redo it if you really want because a high B is obviously terrible.

Chill man, do what ever you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    i also agreee its not boasting it is just y10 worries, come on people lets go back to those olden days and remeber how we used to be at that age lol.
    nobody worries in year 10 :p: be realistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkymonk)
    ffs, are you being serious? Redo it if you really want because a high B is obviously terrible.

Chill man, do what ever you want.
    No-one is suggesting a high B is terrible, but if you know you can do better and you want the best possible chance of getting A*s/As overall, what's the harm in re-doing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)

Amrou
    What the hell, no it wont, coursework for english is only 25% You can still get A* in english if you put the effort in. I got straight Bs in my english coursework with the exception of one A and the teacher said i was still looking towards an A*..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)
    So far I have done 5 pieces of coursework, and next year will be my GCSE year.

My grades are as follows:

Public speaking for English language: A* (37/40) ! No complaints

History coursework on Russia: A* (25/25) Again no complaints.

History coursework, focussing on prohibition - sources based: Gave that it this week.

So far, are these ok marks? Will they let me get a good mark in English?

Thankyou very much,

Amrou
    lol moan away (not in a sexual meaning of course ....... Im a little angel i dont think things like that :rolleyes: ) we all have at some stage complained about our scores so dont worry bout it and if ya wanna repeat then repeat it xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    lol moan away (not in a sexual meaning of course .......
    :rofl: trust you to think of it as a sexual thing, i knew someone would point that out.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.