Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Of course he will take him if he has recovered within 6 weeks, even if he isnt at full fitness
    The squad is announced in a week or two. It would be difficult to measure what his match fitness will be like 4 weeks in advance of the first game.

(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    I hope Crouch gets a run out with owen for the world cup it would do wonders i think.
    We'd be playing long ball from the first whistle under Eriksson. Let's save those until the last 15mins please.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like Panucci has been around for ages aswell...he's allowed Mancini to attack at will this season. Still, I think Mancini as a wing-back in a Roma 3-5-2 is better :p: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HurricaneHerd)
    you talk like your Gcse results suggest you should ! crap just crap !
    well. i'd like to make it clear that for this argument i'm wholly with caldy, and according to your way of judging people's football knowledge, my word is gospel.

iq of 126? woo thats an achievement - you've done better than average, (but not good enough to be really clever) on a set of questions that try to evaluate how good your spatial awareness is, how wide your vocabulary is and the way you link stuff together. oh, and that for some really intelligent and stupid people just doesnt work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    If Rooney is out, I think you'd see a solution to the Gerrard/Lampard problem anyway. You'd stick Lampard into the gap, probably... and get to play an actual holding midfielder.
    thats what i'd do.

But any team would miss a player like Rooney. And he isn't that clever, no. I'm going to stick my neck right out and claim outrageously that he's probably out for 6 weeks with a fracture or break of some sort in his foot.
    bust metatarsal and out for 6 weeks.

Returning in time for the 2nd or 3rd game of the group stage.
    well, he'll be in the squad...

ReputationRep:
    I hope Beattie gets a shot in the England squad. He really is a talented player.

ReputationRep:
    there is a positive side to this; other countries will have a slightly more relaxed attitude to playing us. not only due to rooney's injury, but also the whole manager situation etc.. people will be less likely to worry about us as a threat, which can work to our advantage.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I don't agree.. Countries like Sweden take their football seriously, and will do all that needs to be done to beat us, Rooney or not. I don't think they will play less hard.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone taken an interesting bet on a winner or anything like that yet?? I fancy making a bet, and am just wondering where the best place to do that online is. Or where I can at least find odds, then I must find a bookies in Durham.

ReputationRep:
    Betfair offers the best odds but its a bit complicated to understand. Probably best to use a standard bookmaker.

This shows you the current odds on offer... http://www.oddschecker.com/betting/m...218x/sid/10062

ReputationRep:
    It's been coming for a while. He made some comments to the Scottish media when he was linked with Rangers that suggested he may move on from Charlton, regardless of whether he got that job or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    To be honest I don't agree.. Countries like Sweden take their football seriously, and will do all that needs to be done to beat us, Rooney or not. I don't think they will play less hard.
    Yeh i agree this is the WC and no-one is going to a take a game lightly (not least against England), especially considering what happened in the last WC.

ReputationRep:
    ........................buffon.. ..........................
    Stam...........Nesta........Puyo l.........Zambrotta
    .......................Makelele. ...........................
    Kaka.................Gerrard.... ...........Ronaldinho
    ...............Henry............ Sheva

subs.
    Cassillas
    cannavaro
    lampard
    totti
    etoo

I think etoo n henry too similar so gotta play sheva...
    n nesta instead of cannavaro cos need more strength....puyol a small guy
    i think the subs provide cover for all positions....cos people in team can be shifted to diff positions aswell

ReputationRep:
    Puyol is probably a better right-back then Stam, although i'd have neither :p: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Totally insensitve and totally igronant. Just because i have bad GCSE results make me an idiot? Please **** off, your not wanted. Maybe, i didnt try for my GCSEs and that was reflected on my score. How dare you try and measure my knowledge of football against my GCSEs you know how snobbish and stuck up that is? What about the two As i am predicted for A level? Have you left them out on purpose? Dont be such a prick.
    Have you ever watched a liverpool game? I doubt you have, other wise you would of noticed how much crouch contributed. Please refrain from such steretypical *******s suck as basing my Football IQ on my GCSEs.
    What a fu**ing prick.
    YEh man !

ReputationRep:
    Secondly, Whoever Neg Repped me telling not to make up my own stats...
    Since Crouch broke his duck against wigan he was played 26 games i think, although i may be one or two games out. I am not 'making up stats' you are just not clever enough to identify them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    I dont care about him as a person I care about his footballing ability and our chances at the world cup
    Our World Cup Chances are still incredibly good, even without rooney. WE arent as one man teamed as people would think.

ReputationRep:
    A metatarsal injury is pretty much a glorified broken toe is it not?

What foot has he injured? If its his left he will be alright...

ReputationRep:
    It was the right foot I think

ReputationRep:
    Not 100% sure but picking 10 fixtures with only 9 needed to come in would imply a total of 10 bets (combos of 9). Obviously if you stake £10 this is divided up so you put £1 on each combo of matches. If 9 matches are right then you get £1 multiplied by the odds of each of the 9 matches multiplied together. Depending on the prices it will be around £60 if average odds are 1.5 or it could be much higher. If all 10 come in you win a lot more

ReputationRep:
    Just came across this...

Defoe has appeared in 40 matches this season (including Internationals) and scored 8 goals against Charlton (2), Portsmouth (2), Wigan (1), Middlesborough (1), Fulham (1) and Birmingham (1) - not a goal against a side in the top 8. In fact he has only scored in 5 (6 goals) of his last 37 matches. I haven't bothered to check if any of these were penalties.

He is not a target man, a creator of goals (as selfishness seems to get the better of him at times). He has only got one goal in 15 internationals.

How can people consider him for the England squad let alone the team? Is it just deluded Spuds who think he should be in?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.