Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Striker Wayne Rooney will be going to the World Cup, according to coach Sven-Goran Eriksson.

The news will cheer England fans who feared the player would be left on the sidelines after breaking a bone in his foot.

Manager Sven Goran Eriksson has been consulting with doctors to assess the chances of his star striker's broken metatarsal healing in time for the finals.

However, with less than six weeks to go until the first match against Paraguay on June 10, many believe the 20-year-old will need a miracle to recover in time.

Midfielder Steven Gerrard said he thought it was "impossible" to imagine winning the tournament without Rooney.

He said: "It would be a disaster for England if we had to go to the World Cup without Wayne. He is idolised around the country and is our main man."

Rooney was left writhing in pain following a seemingly innocuous challenge during Manchester United's 3-0 defeat against Chelsea on Saturday.

The northern club's doctors later confirmed he had broken the fourth metatarsal on his right foot, and would be out of action for six weeks.

He was ruled out of the 2004 European championships after breaking a metatarsal in the same foot.

His fellow forward Michael Owen has also been suffering from injury.

Sven has to provide football authorities with a final 23-man squad on May 15.

After that players can only be replaced if they suffer a new problem.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...521457,00.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Secondly, Whoever Neg Repped me telling not to make up my own stats...
    Since Crouch broke his duck against wigan he was played 26 games i think, although i may be one or two games out. I am not 'making up stats' you are just not clever enough to identify them.

key words being 'I' and 'THINK' !!!! jesus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by English and proud)
    Striker Wayne Rooney will be going to the World Cup, according to coach Sven-Goran Eriksson.

The news will cheer England fans who feared the player would be left on the sidelines after breaking a bone in his foot.

Manager Sven Goran Eriksson has been consulting with doctors to assess the chances of his star striker's broken metatarsal healing in time for the finals.

However, with less than six weeks to go until the first match against Paraguay on June 10, many believe the 20-year-old will need a miracle to recover in time.

Midfielder Steven Gerrard said he thought it was "impossible" to imagine winning the tournament without Rooney.

He said: "It would be a disaster for England if we had to go to the World Cup without Wayne. He is idolised around the country and is our main man."

Rooney was left writhing in pain following a seemingly innocuous challenge during Manchester United's 3-0 defeat against Chelsea on Saturday.

The northern club's doctors later confirmed he had broken the fourth metatarsal on his right foot, and would be out of action for six weeks.

He was ruled out of the 2004 European championships after breaking a metatarsal in the same foot.

His fellow forward Michael Owen has also been suffering from injury.

Sven has to provide football authorities with a final 23-man squad on May 15.

After that players can only be replaced if they suffer a new problem.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...521457,00.html
    He may be going to Germany, but will he be playing? Many seem to think that he'll miss the first few matches.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so i was one game out. Really enough to neg rep someone? Jesus christ, not suprised you have that red gem.

ReputationRep:
    We pass the group stage with ease with or without Rooney. We have Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago and Sweden so it's not the hardest groups. We have world class players in the England team. We have more than ONE goalscorer. Lampard can score goals, Steven Gerrard can score goals, Beckham can create goal scoring opportunities, Sean Wright Philips has pace and creativity. Joe Cole is absolutely fantastic down the left wing. If we can pass this group stage we should have Rooney back for the last 16. He may not be match fit but his presence in the team will give England a huge lift. We still have an extremely good team.

ReputationRep:
    Was it neccessary to post that in this and the Spurs thread? Read my response there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Was it neccessary to post that in this and the Spurs thread? Read my response there.
    Yes because it is relevant to what Spurs think of him as a player and relevant to the people who think he should be in the England squad

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so its ten in 16 games. Just under 1 in 2 goals a game. So shoot me for being marginally wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough...

Defoe's season has been intermittent because of the preferred partnership of Mido and player of our season Robbie Keane. Everyone seems to be forgetting the quality of goals Defoe scored last season and for West Ham- as an Arsenal fan his goal last season against you epitomises what he's capable of. He's scored many similar goals for us. He creates space and chances for himself, the goal he got for England shows this also. Sven always plays him coming off the bench or for 45mins. He's made only 4 starts for England, one of them only the first half.

If you like stats so much 172 club starts, 97 goals.

ReputationRep:
    I hope he remains in England because it'd be sad to see him leave our league. I wish him all the best for the future. He'd be a better assistant than Steve Clarke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    Seemed a bit of an odd time to resign... The players only found out when they went into the dressing room after their warm up... so did the fans. :/
    Maybe he was offered the England managers job, perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, contendors please?

All I can think of are the obvious ones like Ron Harris, Roy Keane and Vinnie Jones. Duncan Ferguson with a shout. Any others?

Errr anyone who can name a hard goalkeeper will make me pleased.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by English and proud)
    We pass the group stage with ease with or without Rooney. We have Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago and Sweden so it's not the hardest groups. We have world class players in the England team. We have more than ONE goalscorer. Lampard can score goals, Steven Gerrard can score goals, Beckham can create goal scoring opportunities, Sean Wright Philips has pace and creativity. Joe Cole is absolutely fantastic down the left wing. If we can pass this group stage we should have Rooney back for the last 16. He may not be match fit but his presence in the team will give England a huge lift. We still have an extremely good team.
    Yea rooney is an amzing player but we wont need him for the group stage anyways, the last 16 is goin to be the hardest, if we get to the last 8 i fink we might get brazil if they win all their games which is likely

ReputationRep:
    that would be great but arsenal have got a big game against barca, doubt they will win but they have played amazin in the CL i u fink its like liverpool v AC agen

ReputationRep:
    Friedel looks like a guy who could handle himself...:p:

ReputationRep:
    I am addressing those who have supported chelsea for longer than two years, i havent got any time for the part time brigade.

Firstly, Chelsea definitely deserved to win the premiership, their standard of football was and still is the highest in the league (when they play well, and sometimes when they dont), and the 3-0 at stamford bridge showed how successful Chelsea are.

Thats about as nice as i'm going to get. How proud can you be if your a chelsea fan? Firstly, you bought everything you had, and to even touch the success that united have had you are going to have to have continued success for a long time.

Secondly, Chelsea fans, your support yesterday was abismal, you were outsung by under 3000 mancs, it was brilliant. Home ground, winning 3-0 (and to be fair, running united all over the park), sunny day, it should have been electric, it was ****.

Thirdly, have you ever won a trebble have you *****???

Good luck boro, come on hammers, barca sink every hope arsenal have of winning cl.

ReputationRep:
    The attached thread shows the damage the scoucers did to OT last week (if it doesnt work, read on).

They defaced old trafford. 'George best, rip, ha ha ha', 'harold shipman, kill the mancs', 'munich 58'.

Completely sick comments. They have gone too far. All scoucers on here, there is a minority of your followers (being realistic, there is with every club), that are vermin and your fans took it to a new low.

United fans never sing about hillsbourough, its a no go area, respect amoungst fans. I might **** the scoucers off for being lazy, not working, on dole, but never use death to taunt.

No place for it in football.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancred)
    United fans never sing about hillsbourough, its a no go area, respect amoungst fans. I might **** the scoucers off for being lazy, not working, on dole, but never use death to taunt.

No place for it in football.
    Dont make me laugh. Jesus christ. You sing about hillsborough every time liverpool and man united meet. Please, get down off your moral high ground because you dont have any. What about the banners that greeted us when we came into manchester on the train. Im not going to repeat them, because they are insulting, but they involved hillsborough, heysel and Michael Shields.
    Yes, the Damage was bad. But jesus christ, stop seeking attention. Did liverpool stewards take photos on their phones after the FA cup game when your fans set fire to our toilets? Or of the tea bar you wrecked? Or off the old people you trampled charging the gates?
    Im not going to condone any person who gratified those toilets, i would of.. if we hadnt of been greeted by sick banners on the train journey. Okay, so 2 wrongs dont make a right, but it makes the first wrong seem a little sweeter.
    Im not apologising for anything, until you realise your clubs fans played as much a part in this as ours.

ReputationRep:
    Jens in goal i reckon.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, i'm not a liverpool fan but do you honestly believe that Man United fans are virtious? You sound like an absoloute ******** to be honest. What good does a thread like do other than get people's backs up. Football is riddled with hooligans looking to cause trouble. Rise above it. I've heard Man U fans sing DISGUSTING things in the past, just as I have other clubs.

Oh and by the way, it's spelt scouSers NOT scoucer.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.