The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sorry second richest club in the world. That much debt would mean Blackburn are richer than United... i dont think so! :smile:
Reply 2081
calderstoneslfc, i have said from the start, over and over again, 'minority of idiots'. I am saying, very clearly, that i have not heard and hillsbourough songs inside old trafford. As i'm sure you can imagine and appreciate, it would be difficult for me to see all that goes on around old trafford and in local areas when there are thousands of people around, thats fair.

All the hillsbourough banners, out of order, and again, i've said there is no place for it in football. If i've said or given the impression that anything with regard to liverpool and hillsbourough in any way other than respect, pick me up on it, but i havent, so put your gloves down.

As for the 'call the moderaters', why? I am saying my view. I finished two of my threads with anti scouser songs, so what. I am condemning the behaviour of liverpool fans (for trashing old trafford and the united fans who feel the need to bring up hillsbourough). I'll say it over and over again, i have got no problems with anti scouser songs, at the end of the day, liverpool have anti united songs, united have anti scouser songs. Incidents like last week cast a dark shaddow over a small minority, but dont have a jibe at the songs, because every club has them, and on a good day in good taste, banter between fans (even united and liverpool), can be friendly.
Reply 2082
Right, lets make this easy, so you know where i stand.

I enjoyed your blackburn appreciation thread, i think you have had a fantastic season, and after the little jibes you've had, it does pain me to say it.

You beat us twice this season, both at home, but away as well which for you was a great result. I agree with you and think Mark H has turned blackburn around, fair enough.

My thread was about chelsea and united, not united blackburn, becasue i have nothing to say about blackburn. (if anything i like blackburn because united always get given large away allocations) You have beaten us twice, doing well in the league, i havent got anything to say.
Read the thread buddy.... you brought Blackburn into the conversation when you openly laughed and mocked them....
I'm not disagreeing with the majority of anti-Liverpool songs (most songs should be taken light-heartedly); my point was regarding the way in which you used them. When you were banging on about class etc, it seemed somewhat ironic that you would end a post in that way.
Savage physical? haha :smile:
Reply 2086
haha great thread. Honestly, brings a tear to your eyes.

Although to be fair I stopped reading after "United fans never sing about hillsbourough". Bit like saying Liverpool, Man City, Leeds fans never sing about Munich. Or Millwall never sang anything about Hillsborough.

If ignorance is bliss you must be the happiest guy alive.
Reply 2087
where, you mean when you had a jibe about utd's 'footballing ability' and i commented back.

it was a chelsea thread so what balckburn have got to do with it i dont know. You have a go at utd, i'l have a go back.
Norman Hunter
Reply 2089
'United fans never sing about hillsborough' kpg, dont know where you got that quote from. You may have read, 'United fans never sing about hillsbourough AT OLD TRAFFORD'.
I merely said that whenever we get beaten we have a dig at the opposition support and that clearly the ability of the team you put out was not as good as the opposition - its pure fact what i have stated and i at no point mentioned Blackburn.

The "jibe" i had was in context to Utd V Chelsea, and if you think the ability of UTD is anywhere near Chelsea's then you are very much deluded because quite frankly you got slaughtered. You are the one who turned the context and had a go at my team... All i said was pure fact.

Lets face it, this whole thread is an attempt to try and make yourself feel a lot better after having a poor season by anybody with that much monies standards which has been topped off by being annihilated by the champions....
Reply 2091
sebas black, i never went on about 'class', i said that slagging off hillsbourough and george best is disgusting. As for relating this to songs, a joking song about scousers eating rats doesnt even compare to a united fan or liverpool fan mocking death, they fall in completely separate molds.
Reply 2092
mancred
'United fans never sing about hillsborough' kpg, dont know where you got that quote from. You may have read, 'United fans never sing about hillsbourough AT OLD TRAFFORD'.

Even funnier.

The hands over face, the 96 wasnt enough, murderers etc. In the ground and around the forecourt. Exactly the same happens when you bring 3000 into town. The bonfire songs dont bother me, these do and if you seriously think it doesn't go on you must goto the game with your eyes and ears closed.

I'll admit we have a section of supporters who like to sing song about Munich, Shipman etc. I'm not proud of it (and most aren't, there is more and more in house bickering going on because of it) but I'll accept it happens. Every club in the world that has a big following will have its fair share of ********s, Liverpool & Man United are no exception. It would be better if that wasn't the case but it is, and always will be. The rivalry is the biggest in England, it's been going on for absolute decades, it died down a bit but coming back up again. The 'holier than thou' or 'you started it first' arguments are laughable at best.

Also it goes to prove the sky generated rivalries between say Arsenal and Man United for example are nothing but petty bitch fights in the media.
Reply 2093
Fair enough, i brought blackburn into the conversation, my fault.

Your saying we are not as good as chelsea, fair enough, we are not. I dont care whether you beat us twice, you are miles from even touching the general standard of football or success that MUFC has.
I would rather live off our success this season and how there is no denying that we are the only team this season who have proved we are a better footballing side than Manchester Utd and there is no way anybody can deny us that... than live off our history, using that to claim we are still the best football team. :wink:
kpg
Even funnier.

The hands over face, the 96 wasnt enough, murderers etc. In the ground and around the forecourt. Exactly the same happens when you bring 3000 into town. The bonfire songs dont bother me, these do and if you seriously think it doesn't go on you must goto the game with your eyes and ears closed.

I'll admit we have a section of supporters who like to sing song about Munich, Shipman etc. I'm not proud of it (and most aren't, there is more and more in house bickering going on because of it) but I'll accept it happens. Every club in the world that has a big following will have its fair share of ********s, Liverpool & Man United are no exception. It would be better if that wasn't the case but it is, and always will be. The rivalry is the biggest in England, it's been going on for absolute decades, it died down a bit but coming back up again. The 'holier than thou' or 'you started it first' arguments are laughable at best.

Also it goes to prove the sky generated rivalries between say Arsenal and Man United for example are nothing but petty bitch fights in the media.
]

Wouldn't say that. We have a few rivalries, namely you, Chelsea, Arsenal and City, and we love beating them all for separate reasons. Arsenal we love to beat 'cos of the clashes we have had over the past decade, which have been of a high intensity. It gets bitter sometimes, but I love the rivalry, because there is always an undertone of respect.
Reply 2096
Firslty, i said that is doesnt happen inside old trafford (odd idiot shouting, not songs), i'm not going to go in circles with you, read the threads, and then make a comment.

Secondly, away games is a completely different situation all together, i'l agree, away games, there are songs and chants that are out of order
Seriously... you have been a member a day, started 2 threads in which you are trying to compensate for the abysmal season which Utd have had and in both you dont have a leg to stand on and are just making a fool out of yourself.....

If you plan on being a long term poster here, give up now whilst you still have some dignity.
Reply 2098
I would rather live off our success this season and how there is no denying that we are the only team this season who have proved we are a better footballing side than Manchester Utd and there is no way anybody can deny us that... than live off our history, using that to claim we are still the best football team.

'we are the only team this season who have proved we are a better footballing side than Manchester United' sorry, stopping to have a laugh. You beat us twice, your not a better footballing side. Chelsea lost to Bolton, does that make Bolton a better footballing side, no. 'Using that to claim we are still the best football team'. You find one instance where i have used history, or even tried to claim that we are still the best football team, find one instance, or go away, cause your clutching at straws now.
Reply 2099
Yeh, i have been a member of this site a day, a member of my club for 11 years, loyalty to the student room football discussion room, dont make me laugh.

Latest