Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    ciderboy, how does starting a threat about the behaviour of liverpool fans constitute as a way of justifying the 'abysmal' season utd have had.

ReputationRep:
    Trying to make the Liverpool fans out to be worse than the Manc fans... both of your threads are trying to big up the support of Utd because getting 70000 into stadium each week appears to be all utd are succesful at, at the moment...

ReputationRep:
    We have beaten you home and away... in the 2005/2006 season we are a better footballing side - fact - what more could we have done...

Bolton have been beaten by Chelsea both times in the league this season... Even if Bolton had won one of the games no it wouldnt make them a better side because they would have won once, not both times.

ReputationRep:
    chelsea won the league, we are second, we were at one stage 19 points behind chelsea, 'abysmal' season, no success, rubbish. It hasent been a great season, but thats what footballs all about, the highs and lows. This season will make united stronger.

(Original post by ciderpeter)
    We have beaten you home and away... in the 2005/2006 season we are a better footballing side - fact - what more could we have done...
    To be honest mate, 22 points and a trophy are the real indications.

ReputationRep:
    No, *******s, better footballing side, rubbish. You played better both matches, you are not a better footballing side. If you had said 'across the two matches of the 05/06 season we were on the day a better footballing side' i would agree, but you didnt.

ReputationRep:
    A metatarsal injury is pretty much a glorified broken toe is it not?
    No, the metatarsals are the bones in the middle of your foot. They are a problem for footballers because not only do they take impact when you kick a ball, but they stabilise the foot whenever you run on it, so if your metatarsal isnt right you can't run properly.

ReputationRep:
    The thing with these sort of threads is it is usually decently behaved fans of one club insulting decently behaved fans of another club, using the bad behaviour of each others supporters as ammunition.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest if Rooney is not fully fit he might not be worth a place in an England team, he should have to fight his way in on merit.

Everyone always ****s David Beckham off and says he's only in because of who he is, so why should Rooney go because of who he is. If he is 100% fit ready to win matches then great, if he is going to be there to be a passenger then leave him at home.

As another point, does anybody know how bad Alan Shearer's injury was? If Rooney isn't fully fit and Shearer could be back in time for that I'd be on the dog and bone to him to ask him to play the World Cup. It's not like he will say it interferes with his Newcastle commitments. Having said that if his injury is as bad as Rooneys then there would be no point.

ReputationRep:
    Using that argument it would go to say that Spurs are a better footballing side than Arsenal... Yet Arsenal are one of the best footballing sides in the world... Spurs aren't...

For a team like Blackburn to finish above Man UTD in the league would require miracles... short of beating them twice in one season there is nothing more they can do to prove they have as much footballing ability as Utd...

Did you cry when Bentley scored and ended your season?

ReputationRep:
    Metatersal is where you strike the ball, not your toe.
    If it was the toe, he could be given a drug to numb the pain. The metatersal is completely different. Its the top of your foot.

I've had an operation on both feet there, and I can honestly say I felt pain for 10 weeks. Kicking a football wasn't possible for months. A few years later, and the scars haven't healed properly. Whenever I strike a football hard and quite often, my feet bleed.

Its exceptionally painful. The time a fottballer comes back is pretty astonishing, but then they do have the very best in medical care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)

I've had an operation on both feet there, and I can honestly say I felt pain for 10 weeks. Kicking a football wasn't possible for months. A few years later, and the scars haven't healed properly. Whenever I strike a football hard and quite often, my feet bleed.
    Ouch poor you.

Last time Rooney broke his meta-tarsel he was out for 10 weeks. I can understand why Sven wants to take him but surely it's more of a risk taking him and playing him 75% fit incase he injures himself more.

If England have the ability to win the World Cup they should be able to do it without Rooney even though he is one of the most promiment players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Norman Hunter
    Definitely.

Vinnie Jones got to be in there too.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    A girl that likes football.... I want one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebas_back)
    ]

Wouldn't say that. We have a few rivalries, namely you, Chelsea, Arsenal and City, and we love beating them all for separate reasons. Arsenal we love to beat 'cos of the clashes we have had over the past decade, which have been of a high intensity. It gets bitter sometimes, but I love the rivalry, because there is always an undertone of respect.
    Chelsea aren't out rivals, they are the team to beat due to them being champions and every team wants to beat them.

Our biggest rivals are Liverpool, City, Leeds and then only the likes of Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithun)
    Chelsea aren't out rivals, they are the team to beat due to them being champions and every team wants to beat them.

Our biggest rivals are Liverpool, City, Leeds and then only the likes of Arsenal.
    I'd say that constitutes rivalry, but if it suits your definition better then fine. But surely the team that's top is everyones rival? The best noise we've had in OT this year was vs Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    For a team like Blackburn to finish above Man UTD in the league would require miracles... short of beating them twice in one season there is nothing more they can do to prove they have as much footballing ability as Utd...
    How can you say that you have as much footballing ability as us when you are 22 points below us in the league table? Surely if you have as much ability as us you should atleast be on equal points with us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebas_back)
    I'd say that constitutes rivalry, but if it suits your definition better then fine. But surely the team that's top is everyones rival? The best noise we've had in OT this year was vs Chelsea.
    Rivalry comes from tradition and history and if you look at the likes of Liverpool, Leeds and City you will understand it better. Is there the same amount of competition between us and chelsea fans that there is between us and the fans of Liverpool, City and Leeds ?

The Arsenal rivalry developed mainly due to them winning stuff and also due to the press and if chelsea continue to keep on winning a rivalry might develop but at the moment I don't think there is any rivalry.

ReputationRep:
    thread closed, will you lot never learn!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by English and proud)
    A girl that likes football.... I want one!
    There are a few of us you know!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.