The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Kuz
Your a ****! How can you wish English fans to be unhappy and an english club to fail! Ignorant mother******!

Been to the gym hunny? :smile:
ciderpeter
If you...hadnt got annihilated by Chelsea

Was Chelsea really that good? From what I've read in the newspapers they say the same thing but I don't pay too much attention to journalism. I neevr saw the game because of work, forgot about MOTD/Match Choice on Saturday due to long hours, and then gave up with MOTD2 because of a 'speedy' snooker final.
Still cant believe Rooney is out and people are even calling for him not to go. All this time the **** could have got injured, against us and then as soon as my view turns to supporting him he gets injured. I was counting down the days and this has really pissed me off. It's not the be all and end all but I want England to be at full strength and play some great football and without Rooney this is restricted. Still in shock :frown:
English and proud
A girl that likes football.... :smile: I want one!

There's someone at work who's quite nice and she supports Arsenal. *sigh*
3-0 doesnt sound like much of a fight was put up, lets be honest... Teams have gone to Stamford Bridge and made chelsea work far harder than that this season...

With regards to having to win a cup to be the more successful team, i go back to the point i made where i said Man Utd have spent millions and millions in the last year, Blackburn have spent 5 million... is the extra 20+ million really worth winning a Carling Cup and finishing second? I sure as hell know that at the start of the season the objective of the man utd board would have been more than that - i bet the Blackburn/Tottenham/West Ham/ Wigan objectives were far below what they have all achieved... With the resources those teams have, they have all done a far better job than the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea in my opinion....

Cindy, the other day i got a warning for calling someone a toolbar... how does this guy get away with that.... :mad:
Scorelines don't always tell the story.
Reply 2146
Just walked through the door, logged on and cider peter, your still going. Fair enough, united have underachieved, depsite all the **** at the club in the last year, the team have done extremely well to end up where they are now and get a possible 83 points.

Your obviously enjoying united's lack of success, made your season has it?
Yes 1 post in 5 hours.... good work! :wink: Feck off....
So we need another player who can and will drive and inspire his whole team to win a cup:

The last 16's easy cos we've got Stevie Geeeeeeeeee!

Owen . .
. . . . . . Stevie G
Joe Frank Mikey Becks / Joe Frank Becks Lennon / Joe Frank Becks Shaun
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Ash . Rio . JT . Gary

Robbo
Reply 2149
'feck off'....... if thats what your reduced to, so be it.
Sol????
Onearmedbandit
Anybody who bet on Pompey to stay up in December will be rolling in it now :wink:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Convinced myself i was going to put a tenner on them. And i forgot!
Stuck a fiver on crouch at 65 to be world cup golden boot. I stand to win $320
calderstonesLFC
Stuck a fiver on crouch at 65 to be world cup golden boot. I stand to win $320

Not the worst bet ever. I also think Drogba has a chance. Obviously I wouldnt bet on him at short prices but he is over 100-1 and I fancy Ivory Coast to do well. I can see him scuffing/handballing a couple in and a couple of headers and you never know.
Thread from almost exactly a couple of years ago on the same thing. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29262

INteresting to see how general opinion has changed.

The only person still in my team is Ronaldinho.
^ Sven's 3rd choice CB.
Reply 2156
World Cup time is the worst time ever if you're Scottish. Partly because they keep playing tapes of the 1966 world cup win. Then they start going on about how unlucky they were in previous years. Then they go on about how great their team is and who their biggest competition is. Then they start talking about who they might meet in the final. They build England up to be the greatest football team ever, and they talk about Beckham of course as much as possible. It's the most annoying thing in the world.
Reply 2157
ninman
World Cup time is the worst time ever if you're Scottish. Partly because they keep playing tapes of the 1966 world cup win. Then they start going on about how unlucky they were in previous years. Then they go on about how great their team is and who their biggest competition is. Then they start talking about who they might meet in the final. They build England up to be the greatest football team ever, and they talk about Beckham of course as much as possible. It's the most annoying thing in the world.

But surely you get the satisfaction of seeing it all come tumbling down everytime?

Anyway, I cannot judge this sound untill I have heard the audio version.
And after Amarillo there's the Trophy Boyz, the North-West's charity-supporting Du the Dudek creators, with their immense...

NAME ON THE CUP

We know that there's been some good times
Whenever we've been through bad times
We never came close to giving up
We qualified without Wembley
And forget the Denmark friendly
And Northern Ireland was just a bluff
When we're on paper
We'll take them one and all
With the right formation
The nation's ready for more
Let's show them who's in charge
Just like St George and the dragon
You're our superstars
And 4-4-2's good enough
For so long we've been dreaming
But now's the time for believing
That we're gonna write our name on the cup

Remember when we last won it
We beat the Germans...love it
Boy have they made us pay since then
Let's go get the cup from Berlin
And maybe the tide is turning
But don't give us penalties...again
With Owen and Rooney
Who needs a back four?
We'll bend it like Beckham
And lift it like Bobby Moore
You're our superstars
And 4-4-2's good enough
But now's the time for believing
That we're gonna write our name on the cup

Give us some Gazza magic
Another Geoff Hurst hat-trick
When we roll into town
With goals we'll take 'em all down
You're our superstars
And 4-4-2's good enough

Just like St. George and the dragon
You're our superstars
And 4-4-2's good enough
But you're the boys we believe in
And you're gonna write our name on

I think we've got a game on
So come on write our name on the cup!

I was going to bet on Ibrahimovic to take it, in the group stages Sweden could have a couple of routs and they are very attacking.

Latest