The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2160
Hi i am getting togher a sunday league team next year and i am looking for some players in all positions. i know there are alot of good players in uni so it the best place to tell people about it so if anyone is interested please contcat me martin by email at [email protected] and i will give you all the info were we train and what league we are going into thanks you can call me on 0151 236 6065 between the hours of 7am to 6pm thanks
Reply 2161
I think he is a phenomenal player!! I'm not just saying that because I'm an Arsenal fan but because I have DEEP respect for him as a human being..
He (IMO) defines good sportsmanship!! he is very polite and not arrogant!!!
I have a feeling he will leave us this season and it really really saddens me that we are going to lose such a legend who has managed to break records set by past legends such as Cliff bastin(sp??) and Ian Wright...

Henry ALL THE WAY!!!!
I like the quiet way he celebrates goals, Bellamy is very much the same for us, they score and then just stand there as if to say "I'm good...."

(bellamy is not in the same class as Henry...)
Great player!
(if only he could head it :P )
Mark de Vries is well powerful.
Economist
I know what you mean. I remember the days when he used to get really fired up and even get in trouble a couple of times. To be honest i prefered that. Now he just seems to score and he is obviously pleased but doesnt show any great passion. I not sure why but i suspect it is because he is just loves playing football but realises there are more important things in life.

Possibly.

Sometimes not even he can hide it though. Like after he scored the equaliser against Spurs he was proper fired up.

Anyway, fanstastic guy. Model footballer (or even sportsman, as dimexi puts it) in the way he conducts himself on and off the pitch.
Reply 2167
What are you views on this?
fair enough. i dont want an unfit "the boy" playing anyway. good as he is, he needs to be fit...
I was just reading Alan Hanson's column on the BBC website and at the end of the day, the psychological boost for the team if Rooney goes will be awesome - listen to Gerrard earlier in the week saying we won't win the world cup now. As long as Rooney is in the squad and in the dressing-room, we've still got a chance!
It's difficult to believe that only a few years ago people were often asking: who is better, Henry or van Nistelrooy?, and general public opinion was divided 50/50. What a stupid question that is nowadays. Henry is undoubtedly the greatest player in EPL history.
Reply 2171
best striker in the world, hate arsenal, but hes a great player.
Typical Ferguson being an arsewipe as usual :rolleyes:

Club before country at every opportunity. We need Rooney, end of. Ferguson shouldn't have a say-so. I'm sure tha England medicla team are in a perfect position to judge without the intrusion of Ferguson.
The best situation would be this:
England take Rooney
England decide on Rooney's fitness the day before the first match and if necessary, replace him in the squad (perfectly fine by FIFA rules)
then...
a) Play Rooney if even 50% fit for part of a match - a 50% fit Rooney is worth 2 100% fit Crouches
b) Play Rooney's replacement if he is sent home
Bellamy, Drogba, Crespo and Gallas FGSC.
I think that it might even risk Rooneys entire career if he goes to the world cup injured still. I would love him there, but i'm scared that if he plays he might do permanent damage which will ruin him for both club and country.
TOP man. I rate him so much.
Reply 2177
jusfarhan
TOP man. I rate him so much.

I thought you said Adebayor was cup tied for the rest of the season :rolleyes: :indiff:... He was there yesterday, so I win :biggrin:
NDGAARONDI
Why do you think Highbury is dubbed the library?

When the 11 artists on the pitch are performing us thier masterclass, we must not distract them!
Reply 2179
uefacup81
The best situation would be this:
England take Rooney
England decide on Rooney's fitness the day before the first match and if necessary, replace him in the squad (perfectly fine by FIFA rules)
then...
a) Play Rooney if even 50% fit for part of a match - a 50% fit Rooney is worth 2 100% fit Crouches
b) Play Rooney's replacement if he is sent home

I don't think we can replace Rooney if he's taken in the squad and not fit. I've read something about an injured player can only be replaced if the injury occurs after something like the 15th May. Thus, if we take an unfit Rooney, we can't replace him unless he picks up another injury out there.

Latest