Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexTait)
    I don't think we can replace Rooney if he's taken in the squad and not fit. I've read something about an injured player can only be replaced if the injury occurs after something like the 15th May. Thus, if we take an unfit Rooney, we can't replace him unless he picks up another injury out there.
    Just read the article on BBC

The article on BBC

It seems to suggest that as long as there's evidence of a serious injury, Rooney can be substituted from the squad up to 24 hours before the first match; as long as he has a medical report. The article made no suggestion that he must have picked up the injury after being put in the squad

ReputationRep:
    As a Manchester Utd fan, I agree with Ferguson. Everyone's thinking of the WC and rightly so but remember that he is just as important to United next season as he will be for England.

Fergie's main concern is that what if Rooney goes to the WC, not fully fit and his injury reappears and hes ruled out of WC and the chunk of our season. Both sides are trying for their best interests.

What I find shocking is the burden on Rooney. Gerrard saying we cant win the trophy without Wayne, I mean, what about Beckham, Terry, Cole, Gerrard, is Rooney single handedly going to win it for them?

It makes me mad because it seems players seem to think without Wayne, that they wont win. Hardly a team sounding of confidence is it?

They should be trying to be positive, and work with what they have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    I thought you said Adebayor was cup tied for the rest of the season :rolleyes: :indiff:... He was there yesterday, so I win
    Cup-tied for.. ? :confused: Didn't I say he was cup-tied to play in the CL?

And yesterday was a league match?

Wait, what on Earth are you talking about? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what he's on either. He's def cup-tied for the CL though, as you say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    Cup-tied for.. ? :confused: Didn't I say he was cup-tied to play in the CL?

And yesterday was a league match?

Wait, what on Earth are you talking about? :rolleyes:
    I know .i.e. regarding the champions league but I thought you were referring to the league as well.. It was a conversation we had last week I think or maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, I am getting old after all. :bong: :burnout:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    I know .i.e. regarding the champions league but I thought you were referring to the league as well.. It was a conversation we had last week I think or maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, I am getting old after all. :burnout:
    Lol dude, I'm having serious doubts if you are really an Arsenal fan.. :eek: :p:

I've never in my life heard of anyone being cup-tied for the league. Perhaps because it's not a cup? :p:

If it was possible to be cup-tied for the league, there'd be no point of him coming if he's cup-tied for the CL too.

ReputationRep:
    walshie, ssshhh, havent got time for a debate with a arsenal fan

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure if Rooney was Scottish he would be allowed to go by Fergie. Just flipping typical.

ReputationRep:
    If rooney was scottish he'd never get a chance to go to the world cup final though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancred)
    walshie, ssshhh, havent got time for a debate with a arsenal fan
    I wonder which *****y team you support then?

Man Utd supporters are just the same as Fergie - only interested in one thing; themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Henry is impossible to dislike, a bit like Stuart Pearce in many respects.

- Great phenomonal player
    - Great attitude
    - Never ever see him on the front pages
    - Respectful attitude to his opponents

Henry is one player I would enourmously miss from the premiership if he was to leave. That would also be the same for another player of the same magnitude at a different club. He deserves player of the year, and Ronaldhino is topping him every time. He will do it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, player of the year this year will surely go to the winning 'superstar' of whichever team in the CL final.

Let's hope Henry can get it this year.

ReputationRep:
    Cech
    Terry - Ferdinand - Gallas
    Makalele
    Gerrard - Ballack - Lampard
    Ronaldinho - Rooney - Henry

its very attacking but they would easy score more goals than anyone!

ReputationRep:
    It would be best to leave league and training details even if its rough here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Not the worst bet ever. I also think Drogba has a chance. Obviously I wouldnt bet on him at short prices but he is over 100-1 and I fancy Ivory Coast to do well. I can see him scuffing/handballing a couple in and a couple of headers and you never know.
    With rooney injured, crouch is going to get some big playing time. And with beckham whipping in some incredible crosses i can see him getting a bag full. Especially considering our group stage where the majority of goals are racked up.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to put on £10 each for Gerrard, Owen and Crouch to be top scorer.

ReputationRep:
    A random note;

someone on a forum put 120quid on 'boro when they were 0-2 down. work at the winnings based on common sense. :P

had a dbl today, rangers + carlisle.

ReputationRep:
    Wlashie, my name on the forum is 'mancred', it shouldnt be too challenging to have a guess who i support ('*****y team', sorry, but chose better words next time).

I'm not going to take the piss and illustrate why saying 'man utd supporters are just the same as fergie', what i will say, is that yes, as a united supporter i am interested in one thing, united. Correct me if i'm wrong, i follow football through supporting united, i only support united hence why i'm only interested in united.

I didnt start this thread to have a man utd vs arsenal supporters conversation, i think the initial thread is much more topical and will interest more people, but if you want to have a go, be my guest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    Lol dude, I'm having serious doubts if you are really an Arsenal fan.. :eek: :p:

I've never in my life heard of anyone being cup-tied for the league. Perhaps because it's not a cup? :p:

If it was possible to be cup-tied for the league, there'd be no point of him coming if he's cup-tied for the CL too.

What's that got to do with me being an Arsenal fan?

ReputationRep:
    what are you going to call the team?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.