liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    There's someone at work who's quite nice and she supports Arsenal. *sigh*
    Maybe you can turn her round hun :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I was going to bet on Ibrahimovic to take it, in the group stages Sweden could have a couple of routs and they are very attacking.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnw1)
    Cech
    Terry - Ferdinand - Gallas
    Makalele
    Gerrard - Ballack - Lampard
    Ronaldinho - Rooney - Henry

its very attacking but they would easy score more goals than anyone!
    9 EPL players :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Stuck a fiver on crouch at 65 to be world cup golden boot. I stand to win $320
    I have also gone for Crouchy as top scorer and England to win. Not exactly unusual but oh well

ReputationRep:
    I think it's pretty fair to be honest, He is predominately a Man United player and if he is rushed back he could be injured worse. I think he should travel but Wayne, Man U, doctors etc decide together whether he will play or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC_Girl)
    I have also gone for Crouchy as top scorer and England to win. Not exactly unusual but oh well
    What odds did you get on them?

ReputationRep:
    What odds did you get on them?
    Erm I can't remember did them a while ago through a Ladbrokes special form thing.

Wayne Rooney to score 0 goals is 100/1 though on their website right now

ReputationRep:
    Erm I can't remember did them a while ago through a Ladbrokes special form thing.

Wayne Rooney to score 0 goals is 100/1 though on their website right now
    Hehe, Whats the site? Thats a fantastic opportunity even for a pound.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, Whats the site? Thats a fantastic opportunity even for a pound.
    Link

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    A random note;

someone on a forum put 120quid on 'boro when they were 0-2 down. work at the winnings based on common sense. :P

had a dbl today, rangers + carlisle.
    Yeah that was on betfair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    I wonder which twatty team you support then?

Man Utd supporters are just the same as Fergie - only interested in one thing; themselves.
    Listen up smartarse, United paid 27 million for the services of Wayne Rooney so they can do whatever they like with him. If he happens to be out for the beginning of next season by aggrevating it then it becomes a equally a bigger blow for us.

Coming from an Arsenal fan I find the patriotic stance highly amusing, considering their club does virtually nothing for the national team anyway.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Woah woah.. Ain't it 1/100? That's what it says..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    ^ Woah woah.. Ain't it 1/100? That's what it says..
    Oops well spotted I only had a quick look! Someone is sharp eyed x

ReputationRep:
    Im bettin on group D, Portugal 1st and Iran 2nd.
    What do you lot think?
    Can Iran beat Mexico to make it through the second stage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Anyone taken an interesting bet on a winner or anything like that yet?? I fancy making a bet, and am just wondering where the best place to do that online is. Or where I can at least find odds, then I must find a bookies in Durham.
    I would say betfair.com, robbie.

ReputationRep:
    That isn't the point at all. This thread is not about who you support... and both the Arsenal and Man Utd fans above invalidate their own comments through making a point about which 'side' they are on. I presume you are all English, and support England - and I see this thread as a portent of what's to come with the media, internet forums and chat-rooms and the football pundits all applying massive pressure to Rooney, demeaning the other players in the team *very talented players indeed* and ironically probably increasing the likelihood that England will crash out before the whistle's blown.

Bottom line is, is that a team of England's calibre, a squad brimming with more potential than I have seen them have in my 10 years of watching international football - with and without Rooney can only beat itself in this tournament. It seems thus far that plenty of English supporters, pundits and the media are already willing to throw in the towel and do just that. It's bloody typical a huge asset gets injured, just England's luck. What is even more typical is the needless wave of cynicism that's followed. The players don't need to hear this, they need to rally together and survive without Rooney. But they won't survive without us behind them.

ReputationRep:
    Oops well spotted I only had a quick look! Someone is sharp eyed x
    It'd've been nice though lol, assuming he was injured, put a tenner on and woah, a grand.

ReputationRep:
    i know alot about international football but i don't know who to support in the world cup anybody but england. abd the country has to hava a good kit aswel. any ideas who?

ReputationRep:
    The winner

ReputationRep:
    Just wanting to know what everyone's first World Cup was here? (or any international tournament for that matter).

Mine was USA 1994. Didn't quite watch all the games of that world cup, probably less than half because of the late hours of some of the games and having to go to school the next day. Remember sneaking up to watch some of the penalty shoot outs though in the latter stages.

Incidently I did watch some matches of the 1990 world cup apparantly, however I was too young for it and I don't remember anything about it as I was only 4 (if that).

What about everyone else?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.