Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    sharpshooter, i could not have put it better myself, great post!!!

ReputationRep:
    Support Chelsea - they've bought their way into the tournament too. No, really...

ReputationRep:
    what is wrong with england?

ReputationRep:
    Well Brazil purely for the fact that they play immense football

or

Ivory Coast as and outsider

Spain. I know I am. Tbh, I watch the World Cup for the football; I have no particular allegiance to 'my' country.

ReputationRep:
    I'm putting my money on Togo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by selina_atwal)
    i know alot about international football but i don't know who to support in the world cup anybody but england. abd the country has to hava a good kit aswel. any ideas who?
    well if you know alot about international football, surely you would be able to decide that for yourself..
    Why must the team have a good kit??

But if that.. go for Brazil

ReputationRep:
    Be controversial - support Germany! I know I will be alongside England. As well as that, their red/black/gold away kit is rather natty! :P

ReputationRep:
    RobbieC, the post is about the fact that Sir Alex wants to decide whether Wayne Rooney goes to the WC or not. In general, united fans are behind Sir Alex and the arsenal fans share a separate view, LFC girl, who has more right as a liverpool fan to dislike united than anyone openly admitted to agreeing that ferguson is only being fair. Stating which club you support does not make you comments less valid, it shows where a view is coming from. Choose your words carefullyotherwise the only comments you 'invalidate' will be your own.

ReputationRep:
    1994, was 7 at the time. Remember the final espcially the shoot-out. Baggio was injured and I knew that when he steped up he was going to miss. For some reason I wanted Italy and I can remember being thoroughly pissed off.

ReputationRep:
    *points to red gem*

I wonder where that came from, perhaps some outspoken viewpoints...:rolleyes:

I make the point that whatever team you support, if you are English and have supported England before, you should put their interests ahead of that of your club, whether that is Arsenal, Man U or bloody Torquey. The club-based squabbling in this thread is a miniature version of all the rubbish that's going on in English football right now... I for one don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancred)
    What are you views on this?
    I think this is fair enough... UTD need him for next season.. yea he would like to play for his country, but there is no way he would be fit enough to play at his best in Germany
    He should stay at home and build his fitness up so he has better games next season, rather than risking a dodgy foot in Germany and risk making the injury worse and being out for longer

I dont know whether the decision should be down to UTD, it should be down to Rooney himself, but hey hes under contract with them and they pay his wages

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, i cant really see any 'squabbling', where did you find it?

Secondly, don't presume i put country ahead of club.

Thirdly, it is ridiculous to describe the so called 'squabbling' as a 'miniture' version of whats going on, there has been unbelievable coverage on the rooney injury, but in terms of club on club squabbling, i cant see any.

ReputationRep:
    united paid over 25 million for him, ofcourse it should be up to fergie.
    who pays his wages? definately club before country.
    it would be brilliant for the team if he goes, but a player like him never seems to come around too often, it could be a massive risk.

i hope he is fit to play, england could finally have a proper chance at getting to the semis atleast, but the decision should be the club's.

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry, but maybe if you can hold down a proper argument without turning out derogatory comment when your lost for words people will take you serious.
    Your a joke to your club, and an insult to your fans.

ReputationRep:
    the japan kit is quite nice.

ReputationRep:
    It's not just a risk to United if Wayne goes to Germany unfit. Yes it could rule him out of our games next season, but also potentially out of England games next season too (such as the 2008 qualifiers).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Im sorry, but maybe if you can hold down a proper argument without turning out derogatory comment when your lost for words people will take you serious.
    Your a joke to your club, and an insult to your fans.
    pot. kettle. black

ReputationRep:
    Must have been France '98, because the first football I ever watched was Euro '96

ReputationRep:
    fergie is 100% right. club before country every time.

I don't want an unfit rooney going to the world cup and making himself worse off, and unfit for next season.

he should only play if he's fit. end of.

everyone moaning about it are the same people who spend their whole season ****ging and booing rooney. like the chelsea fans on saturday.. boo him for 90 minutes, then when he's injured they start crying.

he is united's player.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.