The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2240
Should mainly be Rooney's choice imo but you cannot understate how important it is for whiskey nose to ensure his best player is not burnt out un-necessarily. I remember when Gerrard and Carragher decided to forget England for a while during 02 world cup and concentrate on getting fit for Liverpool for the next season. It cannot be said how good the pair of them have been since then and how much they've helped Liverpool with their choice. Ferguson will be thinking the same thing with Rooney, totally understandable.
Reply 2241
Come on Liverpool Spain
Adam83
what is wrong with england?

Everything

It's not even a proper country.
Reply 2243
robinson

neville ferdinand terry A Cole

gerrard carrick Lamps J cole

owen crouch

Subs: james, P Neville, King/Campbell , SWP, Defoe, beckham,
not to sure bout crouch but that is how it should b terry as captain ofcourse!

your views and your world cup XI? btw is it only 5 subs :confused:
mancred
Firstly, i cant really see any 'squabbling', where did you find it?

Secondly, don't presume i put country ahead of club.

Thirdly, it is ridiculous to describe the so called 'squabbling' as a 'miniture' version of whats going on, there has been unbelievable coverage on the rooney injury, but in terms of club on club squabbling, i cant see any.

psst - be quiet. Your staring to agitate me, and I've only read 4 posts!
I think you have agitated plenty of others already.

And to any Man YOO fan here who seriously thinks it's up to Fergie to allow him into the England line up must be a fan. It's completely barbaric. We would end up with no players - he does it every time to us.

Its always been around since I was a kid that Man Utd supporters always put club before country. That was one of the main reasons that so many people disliked about them. Their sheer arrogance and pompousness, which Man Utd demonstrated by moaning at every opportunity and feeling as though they have the sodden right! Every other blooming club has to comply, so why not Man Utd?

Do you see Newcastle getting worried? Do you see Arsenal getting worried with Cole or Cambell? No! Speaks volumes really.

I'm an Arsenal fan, and I personally would never not want Henry playing for France even if it meant him being out a few games next season!

COUNTRY BEFORE CLUB, GET IT!
No carragher not even on the bench? King and Campbell ahead of carragher? Jesus...
I do believe Paraguay have a good kit. :biggrin:

Gem
Reply 2247
Sven wouldn't deserve another job if he takes Campbell to the world cup.
jaggysnake
pot. kettle. black

Difference between reacting to a post, and looking for a reaction.
He has been doing it in every single post in this forum, and its getting boring in the least.
Reply 2249
kpg

lol
Reply 2250
With regard to subs at international tournaments, there isnt a set number. You just bring on any players that were selected in the squad.
Reply 2251
kpg

same should be said about rooney - sven is so desperate that he's willing to take an unfit player to germany with the hope he MIGHT be better come the QF (if england get there). What a clown
Reply 2252
esx77
same should be said about rooney - sven is so desperate that he's willing to take an unfit player to germany with the hope he MIGHT be better come the QF (if england get there). What a clown

Atleast Rooney is an key player of the team. Campbell was excellent 4 years ago, even in Portugal but he is in total free fall at the moment. There were moments against Villareal and specifically, Sunderland, that I felt sorry for him. He should just take a whole summer off and enjoy the break, looks like he just needs to get away from it all.
Reply 2253
kpg
Atleast Rooney is an key player of the team. Campbell was excellent 4 years ago, even in Portugal but he is in total free fall at the moment. There were moments against Villareal and specifically, Sunderland, that I felt sorry for him. He should just take a whole summer off and enjoy the break, looks like he just needs to get away from it all.

same could be said about beckham i totally do not rate him as a player anymore. he is not an inspirational captain, does not carry the team and is probably the weakest midfielder in our XI as sven always picks him. :eek:
Reply 2254
Mortimer
same could be said about beckham i totally do not rate him as a player anymore. he is not an inspirational captain, does not carry the team and is probably the weakest midfielder in our XI as sven always picks him. :eek:

Total Rubbish.

There is a difference between a football who maybe doesnt live upto the media hype surrounding him but is still a good player (Beckham, even though his form for Real Madrid has generally been sound) and a man in Campbell who is really struggling on a football pitch.
Reply 2255
Mortimer

beckham only gets picked to fill the FA's pockets with all the sponsorship involved. He is a lame choice as captain - gerrard would be the perfect choice but it won't be taken away from beckham.

Atleast Rooney is an key player of the team

yeh when he's fit and playing he is! otherwise he is no use whatsoever. I think sven should count his losses and look at different formations
Reply 2256
calderstonesLFC
Difference between reacting to a post, and looking for a reaction.
He has been doing it in every single post in this forum, and its getting boring in the least.

Thank god for the ignore user function on the forums!!
The Argentina kit is nice.
Reply 2258
kpg
Come on Liverpool Spain

lol :p:

Boo! Arsenal France!
World Cup Italia 90', when I was 5 years of age.

Latest