Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    World Cup Italia 90', when I was 5 years of age.
    '90 when I was 9. None of the others since have been quite as good IMO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    1994, was 7 at the time. Remember the final espcially the shoot-out. Baggio was injured and I knew that when he steped up he was going to miss. For some reason I wanted Italy and I can remember being thoroughly pissed off.
    Took the words right outta my mouth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    1994, was 7 at the time. Remember the final espcially the shoot-out. Baggio was injured and I knew that when he steped up he was going to miss. For some reason I wanted Italy and I can remember being thoroughly pissed off.
    94 was good to. Despite Baggio being injured he played the most exquisite footy, and aved them with I think two?(correct me if wrong) last minute equalisers and a winner

What a beautiful player

ReputationRep:
    world cup 98.
    I even bought the game boy game, lol.

ReputationRep:

peter shilton was the best if i remember correctly

ReputationRep:
    oh yea and the cameroon GK making some stupid mistke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssmoose)
    Must have been France '98, because the first football I ever watched was Euro '96
    Yes, that's exactly the same with me.

Euro '96 was the greatest performance I've ever seen England put on... let us hope this tournament will surpass it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    9 EPL players :rolleyes:
    well its better to put in players who you actually know are good rather than just going on some old reputation eg people putting in nesta and maldini in their sides (although it was clear from watching the Arsenal v Juventus tie that they were past it) plus the Premier League has got many of the best players in the world!

ReputationRep:
    Robinson
    Neville - Terry - Ferdinand - Cole
    Carrick
    Beckham - Gerrard - Lampard - Cole
    Owen(if fit)or Bent or Johnson

England have some of the best midfielders in the world and Gerrard, Lampard and Cole have been scoring freely in the PL so they should be free to attack and make up for the loss of Rooney. We need a mobile stiker to start up front - don't play Crouch there by himself.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    The current best XI have to all be a) fit and b) work as a team, so for those reasons, I pick:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mortimer)
    robinson

neville ferdinand terry A Cole

gerrard carrick Lamps J cole

owen crouch

Subs: james, P Neville, King/Campbell , SWP, Defoe, beckham,
    not to sure bout crouch but that is how it should b terry as captain ofcourse!

your views and your world cup XI? btw is it only 5 subs :confused:
    Dude, did you mean best XI or worst?

Robinson

G. Neville Carragher Ferdinand A. Cole

Beckham Carrick Lampard J. Cole

Gerrard (c)

Owen
    Subs:

James
    King
    SWP
    Lennon
    Crouch

ReputationRep:
    ^ Owen and Cole won't be match-fit. :stupido2:

ReputationRep:
    Is that certain or a possibility.. ?

ReputationRep:
    Think about it. Owen can't play on his own up front - certainly not when under-fit. SOLUTION: CROUCH AS TARGET MAN TO FEED ONCOMING MIDFIELDERS.

Cole isn't going to handle the game's best right wingers AND bomb forward as he does when fit, for 90 mins. SOLUTION: SVEN'S ARGENTINA/URUGUAY CHOICE - CARRAGHER.

ReputationRep:
    rooney should be fit, im hoping he will if not the alternate strike force has to be defoe and bent because Owen wont be fit (according to some) crouch is a bit crap

ReputationRep:
    Not a chance that Rooney will take part in any of the games. Just revealed he has a double break.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancsmithsfan)
    rooney should be fit, im hoping he will if not the alternate strike force has to be defoe and bent because Owen wont be fit (according to some) crouch is a bit crap
    Owen is more likely to be match fit than Rooney. If crouch was a couple of foot shorter, then yes, he would be crap, but his height gives him alot of advantages, i mean if you're going to stick a ball into the area, most players have to jump just to get on terms with crouch, or failing that, use a step ladder or something lol.

ReputationRep:
    sticking your leg out and hoping isnt going to work wonders against germany and the like! Personally I dont rate Owen nowadays, I mean what has he done to convince me> hes injury prone and hes wound up 'playing' for Newcastle. Thats not high standards. Id get a game before him.... lol.

Rooney I am praying for you....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnw1)
    well its better to put in players who you actually know are good rather than just going on some old reputation eg people putting in nesta and maldini in their sides (although it was clear from watching the Arsenal v Juventus tie that they were past it) plus the Premier League has got many of the best players in the world!
    since when did nesta and maldini play for juventus? Anyway, judging players on one game is not very wise either. the EPL has got some great players, but so has serie A and la liga.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.