Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancsmithsfan)
    sticking your leg out and hoping isnt going to work wonders against germany and the like! Personally I dont rate Owen nowadays, I mean what has he done to convince me> hes injury prone and hes wound up 'playing' for Newcastle. Thats not high standards. Id get a game before him.... lol.

Rooney I am praying for you....
    Owen is a proven big game player and always gets goals - he wasn't fully fit against Brazil in the last world cup but still scored.
    Throughout the qualifiers, Rooney has been the centre of attention, but owen has been the one scoring the goal that have got us to germany.

He played on Saturday for a bit, and he's still got over a month to work on his fitness before the first game.

*He only went to newcastle cos they put in a bid they knew liverpool couldn't match - if it had been a bid matched by liverpool - he'd be there now

ReputationRep:
    World Cup 94. I can remember the opening game, it was Germany against Bolivia. I also remember a game with Colombia where the defender broke the net and it took arounf 20 min to fix it, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnw1)
    well its better to put in players who you actually know are good rather than just going on some old reputation eg people putting in nesta and maldini in their sides (although it was clear from watching the Arsenal v Juventus tie that they were past it) plus the Premier League has got many of the best players in the world!
    They were so bad I didn't even notice them on the pitch!!!

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancsmithsfan)
    sticking your leg out and hoping isnt going to work wonders against germany and the like! Personally I dont rate Owen nowadays, I mean what has he done to convince me> hes injury prone and hes wound up 'playing' for Newcastle. Thats not high standards. Id get a game before him.... lol.

Rooney I am praying for you....
    Breaking your foot makes you injury prone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ron Stoppable)
    Think about it. Owen can't play on his own up front - certainly not when under-fit. SOLUTION: CROUCH AS TARGET MAN TO FEED ONCOMING MIDFIELDERS.

Cole isn't going to handle the game's best right wingers AND bomb forward as he does when fit, for 90 mins. SOLUTION: SVEN'S ARGENTINA/URUGUAY CHOICE - CARRAGHER.
    True.

Robinson

Neville Terry Ferdinand Carragher

Beckham Carrick Gerrard J. Cole

Owen Crouch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ron Stoppable)

i'd go with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    Dude, did you mean best XI or worst?

Robinson

G. Neville Carragher Ferdinand A. Cole

Beckham Carrick Lampard J. Cole

Gerrard (c)

Owen
    Subs:

James
    King
    SWP
    Lennon
    Crouch
    LOL was intended to be best, but some ppl have weird choices :p: how can u play carra instead of ferdinand. he woz the best defender by far at the last world cup. carra is a bit playa 4 england, bit like P neville play newhere in the bak 4 if ask him 2. for lpool he is immense but england? i dont think so! i'd choose king ahead of him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    since when did nesta and maldini play for juventus? Anyway, judging players on one game is not very wise either. the EPL has got some great players, but so has serie A and la liga.
    lol!! ye sorry ac milan im getting confused! but that jus proves that its stupid to put players in your team from italy etc generally because you hardly ever see them so its hard to judge - i would make some exceptions eg ronaldinho tho... i think i managed to make something positive from that!?!

(Original post by Mortimer)
    LOL was intended to be best, but some ppl have weird choices :p: how can u play carra instead of ferdinand. he woz the best defender by far at the last world cup. carra is a bit playa 4 england, bit like P neville play newhere in the bak 4 if ask him 2. for lpool he is immense but england? i dont think so! i'd choose king ahead of him!
    Ferdinand, best defender? I know Terry was pretty poor in the Euros, but surely not that bad? Ferdinand has been a lazy, incompetent, streak of piss ever since his drug ban (note the irony). King is neither better than Carragher, or even close to touching fitness. Carragher and Terry have been the two best defenders in the League by a long shot these past few seasons. People may go on about lack of speed between the two, but really, there's sufficient pace between them (and hopefully enough positional sense). With a midfielder holding for once, perhaps the England defense might live up to its reputation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Ferdinand, best defender? I know Terry was pretty poor in the Euros, but surely not that bad? Ferdinand has been a lazy, incompetent, streak of piss ever since his drug ban (note the irony). King is neither better than Carragher, or even close to touching fitness. Carragher and Terry have been the two best defenders in the League by a long shot these past few seasons. People may go on about lack of speed between the two, but really, there's sufficient pace between them (and hopefully enough positional sense). With a midfielder holding for once, perhaps the England defense might live up to its reputation.
    so who was the best defender at the last WORLD CUP, mate? i did not talk about euros!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
    Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.