Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    When Dave Whelan made the comment about salary caps it made me smile. Not long ago his company were being investigated for price fixing. Nice one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keenya2006)
    Yes! one down..everyone else on TSR to go :p:
    I used to have a penfriend in Wisconsin you know. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Just stuck a bet on Chelsea/Liverpool/Spurs a 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I used to have a penfriend in Wisconsin you know. :cool:
    I guess us Wisconsinites do get around

ReputationRep:
    A salary cap of £20k worldwide would be good, and a sign on fee cap. This would mean that players will actually play for the teams the want to and not for the money. This will be bad news for Chelsea as all their players would then want to leave.

ReputationRep:
    I think a salary cap would be the right way forward, but not a set limit for each and every club. I dont agree that well run teams such as Liverpool,Arsenal and Man united should be punished by having their wage limit structured to the same way as wigans,newcastles etc.
    A much more fair way, would be to fix wage levels at a % of the clubs revenue. This will also help the clubs from over-spending, and sinking the club.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Suits me.

ReputationRep:
    If Rooney doesn't make it which wud be a disaster for england as he is there best player without a doubt>>>> this wud be the best alternative starting 11.

with Carrick as the holding midfielder and Gerrard playing in a more fwd role off Owen. i reckon he can definetely play in this position and at the same time it will allow lampard 2 play in his chelsea position in which he has been phenomenal in during the past 3 consecutive seasons.

Robinson

G. Neville R. Ferdinand Terry A. Cole

Beckham (C) Carrick Lampard J. Cole

Gerrard
    Owen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vik18)
    If Rooney doesn't make it which wud be a disaster for england as he is there best player without a doubt
    He's a great player for sure, and the spark in our attack, but the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, A Cole, Owen are all world-class without a doubt - add a reliable Robinson, a can-be-worldclass Ferdinand, Neville, J Cole who's had a great season and Beckham who always grafts for his country it's clear we have a great team which means losing Rooney should be an inconvenience rather than a "disaster".

Plus if Carrick's played in a holding role letting Stevie G get forward like he does for Liverpool we'd have a formidable team and actually a more solid midfield.

ReputationRep:
    Banksy, i think you be be informed that even though you are a whole 2 years older than me, i have been 'reprimanded' for telling you off to aggressively seing as your just a kid. Interesting..

ReputationRep:
    He's going to feel so pissed off if they go out in the first round and the commentators they ask are Scottish or German...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xavier2k3)
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/03052006/14...eartbreak.html

Funny story, wonder if anybody else is game!

regards
    --marty
    O.M.G. That just taking it too blooming far. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    GK: Robinson
    DR: Gary Neville
    DL: Bridge
    DLC: Carragher
    DRC: Terry
    DMC: Hargreaves
    MRC: Carrick
    MLC: Gerrard
    AMC: Lampard
    FC: Crouch
    STR: Owen

With crouch playing off Owen as a target man.

ReputationRep:
    What transfers do you guys reckon will happen over the summer??

Pennant - Liverpool/Spurs
    Carrick - Man U
    Darren Bent - Liverpool/Spurs/Newcastle
    Heskey - Portsmouth/Charlton/Newcastle
    Luke Young - Spurs
    Cisse - Arsenal/Newcastle
    Gudjohnson - Blackburn
    Gallas - Juventus
    Lescott - Everton
    Nistlerooy - AC Milan/Barcelona/Spurs
    Sol Campbell - Spurs (This is a done deal)

Just a few going around at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind seeing us sign Gudjohnsen....

There was a rumour today that Hughes will unveil his first signing on sunday... i think its *******s myself.

I also very much doubt campbell will end up back at spurs...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D-Skips)

Pennant - Liverpool/Spurs
    Carrick - Man U
    Darren Bent - Liverpool/Spurs/Newcastle
    Heskey - Portsmouth/Charlton/Newcastle
    Luke Young - Spurs
    Cisse - Arsenal/Newcastle
    Gudjohnson - Blackburn
    Gallas - Juventus
    Lescott - Everton
    Nistlerooy - AC Milan/Barcelona/Spurs

Just a few going around at the moment.
    They're interesting ones. I'll eat my hat is Campbell goes back to Spurs though! I cant see Carrcik going to Manure either and why would Arsenal want to sign Cisse .

ReputationRep:
    I can see Young going to Spurs though....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D-Skips)

Luke Young - Spurs
    I hear Klinsmann and Ardiles are coming back aswell :rolleyes:...

Pennant won't come to Spurs because of Lennon. Bent is no better than what we have, imo it's actually a backward step. Carrick's going nowhere fast. Cisse won't go to Arsenal, Newcastle is a possibility. If Van Nistlerooy leaves he won't play for another Prem team. Juve need Gallas, and Gudjohnson needs to leave- him and Bellamy would be awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Cisse and Sinama-Pongolle to Rangers, Varga to Hibs and Riordan to Kaiserslautern.

ReputationRep:
    I hear that Arsenal have shown some scouting interest in Fernando Torres. And he is pretty awesome. I would love to see that, especially if Henry goes.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.