Scroll to see replies

Reply 2500
Paul Dickov - Manchester City.
Dominic Matteo - Fox and Hound.
Stewart Downing - Manchester United.
Andrew Johnson - Everton.
Reply 2501
vik18
tht is bull****!! gerrard is without a doubt england's best midfielder and easily their most complete player!!

and if it came dwn 2 best player in many positions then again it wud be him, player who can influence a team as a leader, (something which beckham cnt do) again him - score phenomenal goals, defend, pass, cross, shoot, can be a world-class player at central midfield, attacking midfield, defensive midfield, forward, right-back, right-midfield, left-midfield - practically anywhere!!

if he is not captain after beckham something is def. wrong w/ the whole england set-up

But Gerrard hasnt proved, with England, that he is the best. No doubt his liverpool performances are great, but he hasnt done it with England. If gerrard can defend as you say, why can he never play well in the defensive midfield role he is given? He's definately not world class at DM - whenever ive seen him play there he is crap.
The appointment of Steve McClaren should provoke a sackcloth-and-ashes period of intense national shame, or possibly the torching of FA headquarters. He is third-rate, third-choice (if that) and the most damaging thing to happen to our competitive prospects since Rooney's metatarsal difficulty. The fact that he was even a candidate in a field which included Luiz Felipe Scolari causes me actual physical pain. The Football Association should have gone to Big Phil on bended knee, thrown vast amounts of money at him (they've done it often enough with Ericksson), and, if the tabloids were really such a problem, had the relevant journalists assasinated.

No one with the remotest iota of thinking power gives two ****s about the nationality of the man in charge. Even that rancid hack Richard Littlejohn told the Question Time audience that he didn't care.
I think he'll do an alright job...
I think Wenger would actually have been good for England.

Pfft.
RobbieC
I think Wenger would actually have been good for England.

Pfft.

The main reason I was delighted at the thought of Scolari (aside from his admirable contempt for our red top newspapers) was the fact that players would no longer have been able to coast on reputation and diminishing returns. This is the man who cut Ronaldo from the Brazil squad at a time when he was practically a deity.
Economist
Hargreaves is diabolical. I dont think ive ever seen a poorer player pull on an England shirt.

Absolutely, hes one of those players who is ok at everything, but excels at nothing.
Reply 2507
Wenger didnt even want to discuss about it. besides, many people wanted an englishman. I think, given the circumstances, Steve McLaren is the best for the job. his biggest downfall imo is that apart from a league cup, he didnt win anything else. OK, he was Sir Alex Ferguson's assistant when MU was at the peak a couple of years ago and then he took over a middle class team (Middlesbrough) but again... trophies-wise... he got nothing. Middlesbrough might be a week away from an UEFA cup final but on the other hand, look their League run.
There wasnt anyone better unfortunatenly.
I am just curious, why didnt they select O'Neil. who has proven his ability with a small team (Leicester) and had some very good championship runs with Celtic.
anyway.
Reply 2508
calderstonesLFC
Absolutely, hes one of those players who is ok at everything, but excels at nothing.

Unlike Jermaine Jenas who excels at passing the ball sideways or backwards
kpg
Unlike Jermaine Jenas who excels at passing the ball sideways or backwards

lol he's not that bad. He may play crap for England but he's pretty good for Spurs.
Klinsmannic
lol he's not that bad. He may play crap for England but he's pretty good for Spurs.

he is a good player but spurs' best midfielder is Carrick i reckon tht he will be a regular in the egland first 11 in the near future
Reply 2511
ba_ba1
But Gerrard hasnt proved, with England, that he is the best. No doubt his liverpool performances are great, but he hasnt done it with England. If gerrard can defend as you say, why can he never play well in the defensive midfield role he is given? He's definately not world class at DM - whenever ive seen him play there he is crap.

Some of his tackles are horrendus, he nearly broke Boteng's leg with a two footed launch and another one in a Liverpool derby, he should not be given defensive duties but the problem lie with England's formation and lack of experiment. He should be given more freedom and not be constrained to that 4 men midfield.
but like u said the problem lies with the formation not gerrard..

the gerrard criticisms are unfair in my opinion
i dont see harm in playin 4-5-1 if rooney not there

------------------Robinson-----------------

Neville---------Terry------ferdinand------Cole

-------------------Carrick-------------------

Beckham------Gerrard------Lampard------Cole

--------------------Owen---------------------

i know owen isnt a lone striker rly but the centre of midfield has gerrard n lampard to help attack and carrick to do the dm job
InTeRRoGaToR
i dont see harm in playin 4-5-1 if rooney not there

------------------Robinson-----------------

Neville---------Terry------ferdinand------Cole

-------------------Carrick-------------------

Beckham------Gerrard------Lampard------Cole

--------------------Owen---------------------

i know owen isnt a lone striker rly but the centre of midfield has gerrard n lampard to help attack and carrick to do the dm job

good formation but like u said Owen cnt play as a lone striker and needs support so i reckon an adjustment of the 4-5-1 formation to a 4-4-1-1 formation wud be more suited

-------------------Robinson-------------------

G.Neville-------R.Ferdinand-----Terry-----A.Cole

Beckham(C)-----Carrick------Lampard----J.Cole

---------------Gerrard-------------------------

--------------------------Owen-------------
Can't believe Enfield Town didn't get promoted! bugger.
Just have to hack a further 1 year in no-mans league like BWood did :smile:
Reply 2516
ems33
did u hear the interview with him afterwards? 'i thought i was going to die' lol he was kinda unfit...

hahaha only sligthtly unfit
Reply 2517
ems33
did u hear the interview with him afterwards? 'i thought i was going to die' lol he was kinda unfit...

hahaha only sligthtly unfit
Liam The Eagle
The playoffs aren't fair, but they sure are fun

:eek: :biggrin:
Hope to God that Heskey doesn't come our way. I'd rather have me playing centre forward :p:

It looks like D'alessandro might be signing for us so long as Harry has the money we've been promised.

Latest