Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    ^ Thanks for that.

Out of cup now so concentrate on league...had cup runs 2 years ago and it does affect league no matter what anyone says.

The 3 teams that came down haven't impressed and the rest of the league including us are poor.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Palace had a slow-ish start but they've started to pick up a bit now, despite the blip against Brighton. Morrison could be the bargain of the season and Johnson is still to come back and get his season going.

I just don't think Sheffield United have enough quality to keep their run up. They don't seem to have a goalscorer, which in that division is incredibly important.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Take it you don't look at the championship stats much. Kabba who Palace let us have on the cheap has 8 goals and is on form. We payed £500k for Webber and even Shipperley (another Palace reject) is scoring.

We are the divisions leading scorers and have the best goal difference.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yes but all your strikers are on form at the moment! :p: Geoff Horsefield scored 4 goals very early on in the Premiership season but I bet he won't get anywhere near double figures this season, he'll do well to get to about 7!

Kabba and Shipperley won't score many more goals this season either, they aren't exactly 30 goal a season strikers. Which you need to win the league.

ReputationRep:
    ^ We'll see but Kabba will get a lot more. He is playing very well plus we have the best midfield in the division with Ifill, Jagielka, Monty/Tonge and Quinn.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lenneh)
    Erm... Wigan 1 Newcastle 0, West Brom 2 Arsenal 1, Fulham 2 Liverpool 0.

Not really some predictable results there.
    Thats the exception rather than the rule.

ReputationRep:
    Crystal palace of course!
    Ian Boweys Red blue army!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    Crystal palace of course!
    Ian Boweys Red blue army!
    Palace will win it over my dead body :rolleyes: I reckon Reading will win it, and out of all the teams up there at the moment, i probably want them to win it the most.

Unless of course Brighton have a shock 10 game winning streak and get into contention of going up...we'll take Chelsea to our 6000 seater stadium and whallop them one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oziris)
    Palace will win it over my dead body :rolleyes: I reckon Reading will win it, and out of all the teams up there at the moment, i probably want them to win it the most.

Unless of course Brighton have a shock 10 game winning streak and get into contention of going up...we'll take Chelsea to our 6000 seater stadium and whallop them one
    PALACE :mad:
    u should be digging your grave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    PALACE :mad:
    u should be digging your grave
    NEVER!!

The only thing Palace have done for me is let me get a prediction right last season when i said they'd go down...actually saying that its two things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oziris)
    NEVER!!

The only thing Palace have done for me is let me get a prediction right last season when i said they'd go down...actually saying that its two things
    hey be nice :mad:
    i dont really support them but my mate does and i watched the match with him today so there :p:
    PALACE for the win

ReputationRep:
    As a Palace fan, I'd love to say us, and we have a very good chance once Johnson is back playing with Morrison again. If Freedman starts scoring regularly again then I can't see any side better up front than us.

Sheffield United do have a better midfield than us ( just ) but they aaalways fall away at the end of the season, as do Reading. And Wolves for that matter. The standard is so low this year it really could be any of the top 6 right now.

Basically I have no idea

I'll just say Palace.

ReputationRep:
    ^ I finally (after long enough) think it will be our year and we'll finish 2nd.

I'm going to Selhurst a week saturday...not been for a few years. Bad ground to get to but it should be a good game.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    You'll need a new category....

I support the mighty Clyde FC, very nearly conquerors of Rangers in the league cup! :cool:

At least I ain't a glory hunter!

ReputationRep:
    I'd be another Liverpool fan

ReputationRep:
    Second generation Man United supporter born and bred

ReputationRep:
    Reading will be up this season! dont think we'll win it, but 2nd place is ours! automatic promotion for us!!!! with Sheffield being champions.
    Playoffs; Palace, leeds, watford, southampton. (palace 2 win playoffs)

ReputationRep:
    Leeds will win in the play offs because they are the scrappiest team. (If they don't get automatic, which they will get).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becks1871)
    Reading will be up this season! dont think we'll win it, but 2nd place is ours! automatic promotion for us!!!! with Sheffield being champions. Playoffs; Palace, leeds, watford, southampton. (palace 2 win playoffs)
    Hope so but please...its Sheffield United not Sheffield. Nobody calls Man United Manchester.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Come on Crystal Palace and Luton

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.