The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well, today was a bad day.
I had a fiver on villarreal to beat madrid at something like 8 to 1. Madrid scored in the last minute.
And a fiver on an acca involving..Liverpool/Arsenal/Blackburn and Chelsea..Bloody bramble.
Reply 2601
Essex Jay
Tottenham...Wafa cup....:laugh:

Hahaha! This is like one of my schoolgirl dreams I'm over the beepin moon!
Except Henry may not leave, but it's definite that Tottenham didn't make 4th...
Well this is Spurs's best premiership season and Arsenal's worst under Wenger. I never thought they would ever be competing with Spurs for the same league position but I was wrong.
if you look at it relatively and stand back a bit.. last season tottenham were struggling for a uefa cup place on the final day but lost out and weren't even too gutted about it. the final day of this season involved them already secure of a uefa cup place and trying to stay in the champions league position. obviously they weren't successful on the day, but the way things have been going, next season's definitely one to look forward to.. arsenal, despite being in the usual competitions, could be facing an uphill struggle.
Arsenal have a new and bigger stadium = more money, and a young side which is starting to gel more now then at the start of the season.

Not looking uphill at all.
I ended up putting £60 on for us to beat Pompey @ 8/11.

And £3 on Draw/Arsenal @ 7/2.

Didn't lose any bets.. Returns: £117.13p

Not bad :p:
Essien?
That's 5 goals and 2 assists in 7 matches.
OH OH!!! PAOLO DI CANIO!!! That son of a gun will smack you dead meat! Just look at his eyes :P!
Reply 2610
There's the Sevilla captain, his name escapes me though.
jusfarhan
That's 5 goals and 2 assists in 7 matches.

Consdering he has started most of them on the right, thats a tremendous return for any striker.
Reply 2612
Sharpshooter
Liverpool and Arsenal kiss each other's butt big time.

Maybe we (Man Utd) should form an alliance with Chelsea as the two most hated teams in football.

Then again maybe not.

I was taking the piss out of the Library ffs.
Reply 2613
Highbury is going to be missed so much, its such a unique stadium in a fairytale residential setting where the tube station is right outside the stadium (those who have been there will know how great the setting is especially if you compare it with old trafford being off a motorway!).

What I detest about new stadiums nowadays is that they lack much identity as they are all too similar in design. Nothing can compare to the clock end and north bank at highbury. The new stadium is just too plastic to ever follow in the footsteps of highbury. Anfield aswell ranks alongside highbury as both distinct in identity.
Reply 2614
yea the "emirates" stadium lol, the pictures i've seen seem to emphasis the bars and restaurants in it rather than the pitch and stands
Reply 2615
well he was dropped for the final game of the season. and utd coped pretty well. i think it is about time to move on, he has been great for us but lets cash him in for what we can get. i think utd have great options up front even without ruud. but i think we may make a cheeky bid for torres! :p: ferguson has always been right when pulling the plug on big utd players. i remember when beckham left, everyone was shocked n in the end it was the correct decision sold him for 25 mill which he has not lived upto. Okay fine he was bought as a marketing tool but in footballing terms it ws the right deal for utd.
Reply 2616
I agree that you wont miss van the man much but I disagree about Ferguson always knowing when to release big players. Face it, manure were never the same the season after Beckham left!
Reply 2617
'Never the same the season after beckham left', what absolute rubbish, if the developments at chelsea had not happenned then united would have comfortable won the league with 83 points, 4 more points than when we won the treble in 99. Beckham leaving had an effect, but not one as significant as you make out. As for the 'manure' comment, original. I could call ipswitch ip**** but it gets you knowhere.
Who cares, the Premiership is overrated anyway
If the papers are to be believed, Torres to United in exchange for Ruud and some money, and SWP to Liverpool for £14m

Latest