The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think Carrick to Man U is a large possibility, from what i've heard. I doubt that Man U will get rid of Ruud, though it is a possibility i guess if its to get a player like Torres.
Reply 2621

Not sure about Carrick but Ruud must be off now, United should cash in while they still can. I think that Ruud now has his best days past him.
Liam The Eagle
Who cares, the Premiership is overrated anyway

:biggrin:
Just heard a rumour that Walcott may be in the World Cup squad, what do people think about calling him up?

Maybe too soon IMO, but Owen was young when he was first called up, and played brilliantly.
Owen had top-flight experience, though. Would be a risk taking Walcott but the rewards could be great if it works out. I hope he doesn't get in instead of Lennon, that would undermine any meritocracy left in the England set-up.
Klinsmannic
Owen had top-flight experience, though. Would be a risk taking Walcott but the rewards could be great if it works out. I hope he doesn't get in instead of Lennon, that would undermine any meritocracy left in the England set-up.

They are in different positions though, so i wouldn't put one against the other. I was thinking, with the striker problems England have, with Rooney injured, Owen not match fit, a player like Walcott could be a risk england need to take. Players like Bend, Defoe etc, are reasonable enough, but Walcott 'could' be so much better.

If you're thinking about taking lennon, then it will be as oppose to someone like shaun wright-phillips, in the same position.
Eru Iluvatar
They are in different positions though, so i wouldn't put one against the other. I was thinking, with the striker problems England have, with Rooney injured, Owen not match fit, a player like Walcott could be a risk england need to take. Players like Bend, Defoe etc, are reasonable enough, but Walcott 'could' be so much better.

If you're thinking about taking lennon, then it will be as oppose to someone like shaun wright-phillips, in the same position.

Wasn't really thinking about their positions too much, even though there is an overlap of sorts. Sven will have 20 players cemented in the squad (including Rooney and Owen), 5 backups like Jenas, Wes Brown etc, and maybe a couple of spots for unproven flair players like Lennon, Walcott and Downing. We'll find out in an hour or 2 anyway.
^ St Albans & Histon through. I odn't know too much about Histon so can't comment.

I've been to St Albans City a few times. Good support with a shambles of a stadium and pitch. Its quite big (for non-league), but dillapidated. They have always been threatning to get promoted for many seasons from the Ryman Premier. They automatically got promoted from the Ryman to Conference North due to the restructure. Then got promoted again (yesterday). Conference football is where they should belong. They have been fighting it for many years now.
According to my source at a certain newspaper, there are going to be stories tomorrow linking Gudjonsen with Blackburn... Apparently it is near enough a done deal at 6 million pounds, the nitty gritty stuff was sorted last week.

Hughes talked with Bellamy as to who he would want to partner him next season and Eider was the name that came up, so hopefully it will keep Bellamy with us... Him and Gudjonsen would be an awesome strike force in my opinion! Lets hope its true.
ciderpeter
According to my source at a certain newspaper, there are going to be stories tomorrow linking Gudjonsen with Blackburn... Apparently it is near enough a done deal at 6 million pounds, the nitty gritty stuff was sorted last week.

Hughes talked with Bellamy as to who he would want to partner him next season and Eider was the name that came up, so hopefully it will keep Bellamy with us... Him and Gudjonsen would be an awesome strike force in my opinion! Lets hope its true.

It's already been in the papers. Sutton is someone else you're looking at according to your assistant manager.
As is Heskey. :s

I know its already been in papers, but apparently its good as done now :smile:
Oh God Heskey. He shouldn't be allowed to play in the PL anymore... Just, such a bloody shed!
...Couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo
Robinson, James, Green...3

G Neville, Ferdinand, Terry, A Cole, Campbell, Carragher, Bridge...7

Beckham, Carrick, Lampard, Gerrard, Hargreaves, Jenas, Downing, J Cole, Lennon...9

Rooney, Owen, Crouch, Walcott...4

Standby players
Defoe, Carson, Re-Coker, A Johnson, Young
Reply 2634
What the ****? Campbell? Bridge? Hargreaves? Jenas? Walcott?

Nice one Sven. Really smart. Two crook strikers, a giraffe, and a toddler to lead the line. Bent should have been included, and Walcott shouldn't be anywhere near.
King should be in ahead to Jenas and UselessGreaves

Glad Defoe isnt in :biggrin:

Bent should have probably gone

Walcott bold decision, but Sven must have done his homework
He has Defoe and AJ in case Rooney and/or Owen aren't fit. Walcott should have been in the standby list and Defoe in the full squad imo.

No Bent or SWP as standby! King is injured but still a risk not taking him.
Sven was scouting Walcott at Arsenal training, so he has had a look personally.

Hargreaves in is a disgrace. King should have been in, instead, for sure.

Rooney can be replaced up to 24 hours before the tournament if need be, so 'twas the right decision, as well as owen and crouch IMO, but maybe have jenas out as well as hargreaves, for another striker (bent over defoe, i think)
Reply 2638
Eru Iluvatar
Sven was scouting Walcott at Arsenal training, so he has had a look personally.

Hargreaves in is a disgrace. King should have been in, instead, for sure.

Rooney can be replaced up to 24 hours before the tournament if need be, so 'twas the right decision, as well as owen and crouch IMO, but maybe have jenas out as well as hargreaves, for another striker (bent over defoe, i think)

Bent should be included, definitely not Walcott. Crouch should naturally go, as the only fit striker with European experience. Bent though, should be automatic having scored more than any other English player this season.

The midfield is, well, somewhat alarming. As for the defense, it's fair enough that King is left behind. Sol Campbell isn't even right in the head yet, and Bridge has hardly set the world alight the past few years.

He's cocked up.
Rainy
Bent should be included, definitely not Walcott. Crouch should naturally go, as the only fit striker with European experience. Bent though, should be automatic having scored more than any other English player this season.

The midfield is, well, somewhat alarming. As for the defense, it's fair enough that King is left behind. Sol Campbell isn't even right in the head yet, and Bridge has hardly set the world alight the past few years.

He's cocked up.

How Campbell got in is a joke. An injured King would have provided better cover, as well as being able to do Hargreaves job.

Latest