Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    he's fully fit and he offers a good backup to Owen incase he gets injured.
    That wasnt the point, the person was saying he should be ahead of Crouch. He should be in but not instead of Crouch

ReputationRep:
    What has the price of a player got to do with it?

ReputationRep:
    I know about, and have seen more than Walcott than all of you on here, so think ill have my say. He is lightning quick (faster than Henry), great finisher, can cross effectivly, run with the ball, totally scare the **** out of defenders who would know nothing about him, raw, will not be phased and could well be brought down easily. And that's just if he come on as sub.

But hey, you all know more than Sven and Arsene, so I guess you must be right.

ReputationRep:
    Your lack of knowledge about Walcott makes your post embarressing.

ReputationRep:
    On other selections:

Bent - Unlucky. Should have been in the stand-by list rather than Johnson
    SWP - Not match fit, Lennon a better option IMO.
    King - Average Midfielder, 4 better defenders. Sums it up
    Defoe - Not exactly been on fire, could have made stand-by list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFC_FOREVER!)
    I know about, and have seen more than Walcott than all of you on here, so think ill have my say. He is lightning quick (faster than Henry), great finisher, can cross effectivly, run with the ball, totally scare the **** out of defenders who would know nothing about him, raw, will not be phased and could well be brought down easily. And that's just if he come on as sub.

Hmmm, ok, let's never question the decision of someone in the football business again, and let us never form an opinion of our own. It's just better that way. Sorry Sven

ReputationRep:
    I think sven wants to be credited with "blowing" up walcott before he leaves, he must think walcott would be a surprise package in the WC. Well thats the only rational i could think of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Because he is Terrible. We have tons of better CMs id see in the squad. Does he even play CM? He is average at best. He is a terrible pick.
    Now ive calmed down from my initial shock..ill have a better analysis..
    Campbell Terrible choice. He still isnt mentally fit, and as a player is all over the place. Cant distinguish his left foot from his elbow and could easily of been replaced by someone else.
    Hargreaves Not a suprise at all. Sven brown noses this boy, for the reason that he has a bit of everything. But can he actually offer anything to england? All his apperances suggest no..Has he ever contributed to a single England goal? Total waste of a Midfield slot.
    Jenas Quite disturbing
    Walcott Sven is obviously having a bloody laugh here. I dont care how well he has played in training, and if he was impressed him. He hasnt had a single minute experience of football at the biggest stage. You stick him in a world cup game, and hes going to freeze. How can you expect him to take on some of the best teams int he world when he is sh*tting himself?
    A Johnson Terrible. Is he even the champions top scorer? He was worthy of a place in the england friendlys simply for a experiment, he is not close to the standard expected for the england squad.
    Bent This lad must be absolutely gutted. What does he need to do to warrant a place in the england team? 20 goals, at the highest level in football and he is left out for a 17 year old kid with a rocket up his ass.
    SWP Not exactly unexpected really, lennon is on top form at the momment and SWP couldnt buy himself some match time. One is match fit, one isnt.
    Pace gets you everywhere. Bent would have been found out at this level, and would have had no alternative to his game. Walcott, however could provide the pace with 10mins to go so that England can get a result. If both players were on the bench, I know who I would rather have coming on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Who is saying Walcott ahead of Bent idiot?

In my post I said 'Bent should have gone ahead of him'. Bugger off you spurs ****
    Maybe read the whole thread idiot. It's only the l'Arse fans who think Sven has made the right choice. What I fight more pathetic is all of you who can't justify why he's being picked when you've never seen him play at top level.

It's also funny when you're calling everyone an idiot because they don't agree with you...haha.

idiot

ReputationRep:
    Im lost for words on the appaling state of that World cup team..
    Are you Harry Redknapp or something?

ReputationRep:
    Walcott, however could provide the pace with 10mins to go so that England can get a result. If both players were on the bench, I know who I would rather have coming on.
    and the fact that you're a saints fan isn't clouding your judgment? :rolleyes: 98% of people would pick Bent unless they've been living under a rock all season or are l'Arse or Saints fan.

ReputationRep:
    Your lack of knowledge about Walcott makes your post embarressing.
    No, Walcotts inclusion in the World cup Squad, ahead of players such as Bent, when he doesnt have a single minute of top flight football under his belt is embarassing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancred)
    Crouch is an overpriced and overrated player
    Over-rated by who? The whole london media hate him, the only gratitude he gets is from his own fans. Who are funny enough, the only people who watch him every week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    why not? if England are leading a game, Hargreaves may well be used in a defensive midfield role. He can also play right back which is good considering theres no replacement for gary neville.
    But..Sven...Tactical Changes...They just dont go together..

ReputationRep:
    But..Sven...Tactical Changes...They just dont go together..
    Yea its actually quite amazing some of the choices made (good or bad)
    Now the only question is.. will he adjust his tactics like a real manager? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Pace gets you everywhere.
    Tell that to cisse please. Opps wrong thread..
    Walcott will not be phased.
    Are you for real? He hasnt even played in the top flight yet, and hes being launched onto the biggest stage in the world. He is going to **** himself!
    Houiller once said they cheyrou was the new zidane..managers make mistakes.
    Yeah just like Rooney/Owen/Ronaldo/Pele all had bags of experience. They were all ****ing terrible 1st time out werent they? Idiot
    The difference is.. and this is a main difference. They all played first team football in the run up to the World cup. You see that? First team..not a couple of run outs in the reserves. Owen for example..Had played a full season and finished second highest goal scorer in the prem i think.
    Backup, who is ahead of him. You seem to laugh at all our players but then dont say who we should have instead. It's like your laughing at us as a footballing nation. I know Bent should be ahead to him but if you take him out the picture there isnt anyone else.
    Irrelevant talking about taking bent out of the picture. He is in the picture, and should of been chosen.

Pace gets you everywhere...
    Movement is what matters, not pace.

Henry would be nothing without his awareness and anticipation. It works the other way too; players like Alonso and Riquelme are relatively slow. These two have some mystical ability make their own space, however, and more than compensate for fleet of foot with speed of mind. As Bob said: "At the highest level, the first two yards are in your head."

ReputationRep:
    Put Bent in the Backup list, and remove Hargreaves for Defoe. I know Defoe has had a mediocre season by his standards but the lad has scored 50 goals in 3 years. He can make goals out of nothing. His goal against Poland shows that...besides, he's only started 3 games for England, one of which was the first half only. Everyone seems to forget how good Defoe was prior to this season. He had one real chance yesterday and scored a great goal. He's that kind of player. He has a better scoring record than Bent overall.

ReputationRep:
    campbell should be out and wes brown should be in! lennon could go either way-be really good or be a complete waste of space.

theo- in theory is a ****e decision, 3 reserve games all season, not premiership expereience, no international expereince but u never no. he has pace which is guna scare some of the aging defenders ****less!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Movement is what matters, not pace.
    Exactly. If pace meant everything, David Bellion would be the best player in the Premiership.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.