Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    yep, got no more to add on that but yeah I agree with all of what you said there.

ReputationRep:
    Leading on from this , who on earth do you people think u are to question the judgement of Arsne wenger.
    Stupidiest bloody argument ever.

ReputationRep:
    I agree as much as bent has had a great season in premiership he is by no means world cup material. Players like him who play for mid table teams and get called up for england always never meet the hype during england games - think philips, beattie etc. I think they find it hard to gel in with the big boys in the squad and their lack of CL football doesn't help. Judging theo on media hype I think its a risk worth taking.

ReputationRep:
    Well there must be something Errikson and Wenger see in him. Do you see no good whatsoever coming out of his inclusion?

If he scores against Paraguay (unlikely he will even play I know, but you just don't know) would you change your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    Svens squad is one of the most electric going. How can anyone be disappointed by it!!! It has overwhelming youth and pace within, most of the players have had a great seasons domestically - I really think its the best squad in a long long time.

Theo is controversial but come on its a risk worth taking - if arsene paid 12m for him at 17 then he must be gold. Rooney smashed it at 17 maybe theo will this summer.

As for SWP he led himself into his own downfall. Money was spread over him like butter on bread and he was loving it. Now I hope he regrets leaving city and WHO THINKS ITS A MOCKERY OF FOOTBALL THAT HE HAS A TITLE WINNING MEDAL UNDER HIS NAME. It's a farce - completely undeserving!!!! To think a great player such as gerrard may retire without a premiership medal and you compare gerrad in the league to SWP this season!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Stupidiest bloody argument ever.
    yeh exactly i dont like the argumetn "erikson picked him, and i think he knows a bit more about football than you".

Managers make mistakes ffs! I mean Arsene Wenger thought Francis Jeffers and Richard wright were gonna be brilliant and that Pascal Cygan would be a France regular by now

ReputationRep:
    This is going to be a biased view since I am a Leeds fan. What a great match at Preston we win 2-0. I think most likely we will play against Watford, and should win and back in premiership where we belong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    Svens squad is one of the most electric going. How can anyone be disappointed by it!!! It has overwhelming youth and pace within, most of the players have had a great seasons domestically - I really think its the best squad in a long long time.

Theo is controversial but come on its a risk worth taking - if arsene paid 12m for him at 17 then he must be gold. Rooney smashed it at 17 maybe theo will this summer.

As for SWP he led himself into his own downfall. Money was spread over him like butter on bread and he was loving it. Now I hope he regrets leaving city and WHO THINKS ITS A MOCKERY OF FOOTBALL THAT HE HAS A TITLE WINNING MEDAL UNDER HIS NAME. It's a farce - completely undeserving!!!! To think a great player such as gerrard may retire without a premiership medal and you compare gerrad in the league to SWP this season!!!

youth and pace? apart from lennon and walcott who are unlikely to get much playing time, where else is there genuine youth and pace? Perhaps Downing, but he is also likely to be on the fringes.

"if arsene paid 12m for him at 17 then he must be gold." the 12million price is because he is so young, english and has huge potential. It doesnt mean he is any good YET, otherwise i think Wenger would have given him a few run outs.

Difference with Rooney was that he proved himself for 2 seasons running in the prem, and in the qualifiers for the world cup. Theo has only done stuff in the championship and a few reserve games for Arsenal.

Agreed about SWP - hasnt played much so shouldnt be in. But if you are going to use that lgoic then Theo should be no where near the England squad, yet you seem to give special consideration to him?

ReputationRep:
    well i aint read all the threads but i guess ppl r not happy with the inclusion of theo. but i seem to think its a good decision, wenger paid a lot of money for him and he will only pay loads if the player is gd enuff. i think we shud wait and see. he mite jus do sumink brilliant! *he prays in vain for rooney to b fit*

ReputationRep:
    ENGLAND r guna win da world cup in GEMRENAY!!!!!1111

ReputationRep:
    ^^^^^I said that theo was worth the risk because of the hype surrounding him. Have not seen him play but he must be a star in waiting. And lets face it the opportunity cost of taking him isn't that great!!

SWP is not needed - england have a great midfield and perhaps sven may have overdone it with the mids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    we just have to assume Sven has done his homework.
    Sven has never seen Walcott play lol...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...nd/4752671.stm

I havent played in a WC? Can have a go? Doesnt work like that. Im not saying Walcott is premiership quality either,

Sven dumps him? 15 appearances
    You were the one that said Defoe wasn't WC standard which is why I wondered how how you could tell seeing as a lot of players have never played in one either.

15 appearances, more like 3 starts. We all know you can't do anything as a sub in Sven's friendlies.

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday 10th May

I have no idea about Sevilla's quality or form, but I know M'boro can produce some magic tricks.

I want to place a bet and the odds for both teams are good.

Opinions who's going to win?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    ^^^^^I said that theo was worth the risk because of the hype surrounding him. Have not seen him play but he must be a star in waiting. And lets face it the opportunity cost of taking him isn't that great!!

SWP is not needed - england have a great midfield and perhaps sven may have overdone it with the mids
    So in other words, the sun says he's good, so we should take him:rolleyes: I mean you're argument is ludricrous, you admit you havnt seen him play yet you think he should go!

ReputationRep:
    I back Sevilla. They have some fantastic players with Saviola, Navas, Alves, Maresca, Fabiano, Kepa and Kanoute if fit. Defensively ok, decent keeper. Attack-wise they are great to watch.

Boro will give them a good game having rested all their players, but I still think Sevilla will just edge it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    Wednesday 10th May

I have no idea about Sevilla's quality or form, but I know M'boro can produce some magic tricks.

I want to place a bet and the odds for both teams are good.

Opinions who's going to win?
    Well Sevilla are in good form and chasing the last CL spot in Spain. Maresca and Saviola re their 2 star players. I think Sevilla will edge it - Boro dont look half as good when theyre not at home as we've seen in the UEFA cup this season.

ReputationRep:
    ^^so sven and arsene have got it wrong and your right. Show a bit of optimism - one risk taken on a player touted by everyone within the game as the next big thing. And in pristine condition with everyting to prove!

ReputationRep:
    ^ Not a bad thing. He will instantly want to buy your club :laugh:

He'll just have all the boys on the pitch pissed before they've started.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    ^^so sven and arsene have got it wrong and your right. Show a bit of optimism - one risk taken on a player touted by everyone within the game as the next big thing. And in pristine condition with everyting to prove!
    I'm sorry but it seems like Arsene agrees with my view in that Theo is potentially a very good player, but as of now, he is too young and inexperienced to play. This is why Wenger has never started him, or even subbed him into a match.

As for Erikson - he hasnt even seen Theo play, but yeh i suppose ignoring that little fact, he must be right!:rolleyes:

And i think you've just said it yourself there - he's touted aas the next big thing - indicating that he isnt anything big yet. You dont see USA taking Freddy Adu, or Italy taking Pepe Rossi.

ReputationRep:
    wow, arsenal must have come into some money, first the Tottenham food poisoning and now Walcott in the England squad :rolleyes:

but then again, Sven never was one for ethics :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.