Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    They only initially wanted a 4 hour delay. I acknowledge they weren't well, but why didn't they at least accept the 2 hour delay?

ReputationRep:
    A postbox was rammed by a tractor in 2001 and thousands were stolen then to lol.
    This footballing family of the FA...I have a friend whos dad is an Ex ref, he gave up referring 2 years ago and he recieves 2 tickets every year..How far back does this 'family' go?
    What i dont understand is, dont the FA understand that the majority of these 'neutral' tickets will end up in the hands of loyal fans willing to pay hundreds for them? West ham fans especially, are going to be slaughtered by touts. The FAs Football family, effectively keeps the touting business breathing at major fa cup finals.
    Lastly, why dont they give them all tickets to the charity shield, or doesnt that hold the same 'attraction'.
    I have to say, the reasons the millenium stadium have come up with for not re-printing the stolen tickets are baffaling. Why cant you re-print 1600 tickets? Liverpool have had duplicates issued each time we have played at cardiff apart from this time, and premership clubs do it every single week without problems. And they dont need to give me any crap about over filling..it isnt hard to distinguish who has the 'stolen' ticket as duplicates have them stamped all over them.
    This is a disgusting way to act over a final.

ReputationRep:
    Surely a replay is impossible. Firstly are Spurs going to pay for every fan to go to the replay or play behind closed doors? Also I doubt West Ham want to replay the match as they won. If they played the game the result should stand although it was unfortunate for Spurs. x

ReputationRep:
    It seems to me like spurs want the best of both worlds if they really didn't think that the decision of the FA wasn't fair then they should have refused to play, yes they may have been docked a few points but it unlikely that they would have gone below 5th and then they may have had grounds to have that match played. Instead they decided to go ahead with the game hoping that they would win and because the game didn't go their way now they are complaining about it.

There have been numerous examples of where the result of a cup final, tournerment or even entry to a tournerment have been effected by a wronge decision by the ref, none of these teams got to replay their games so why should spurs be able to when the decision to have them play wasn't even deffinately wrong. If they are allowed to replay it will open a flood gate of teams asking for their games to be replayed

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, it's more like L'Arse and Liverpool fan who should be embarassment after the nonsense being spouted here. Sure, 1 player injured is equal to 10 players who suddenly fall il before a kick off.

Spurs are not going to win the appeal, it's certain. But anyone with common sense would know if it was L'Arse or Liverpool or the other 2 'big' teams, the game would have been called off. no doubt about it. Ofcourse the only people who won't agree with that obvious fact are fans of L'Arse, Liverpool or the other 2 'big' teams.

VIVA EL BARCA!

ReputationRep:
    Crouch is not a goal scorer. I'm glad he's in the squad, but he will not SCORE GOALS if he is the main striker, the guy leading the attack i.e. he cant do a Ronney or Owen job. Lack of goals is a worry.

Walcott is a big gamble. As a 5th striker maybe, but as a 4th? He's not only played nothing at Premiership level, but now he's gonna be thrown up against the very finest from every league in the world.

If Owen doesnt make it (which is still a possibility), then it'll be Crouch and probably a midfield player with Walcott possibly late on.

I would like to see Gerrard or Cole playing off the front man.

ReputationRep:
    First time since 1995 I've heard Rovers referred to as one of the big teams, cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Would i think crouch is WC standard if he didn't play for the Pool..No. .
    More like it :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmocrates)
    First time since 1995 I've heard Rovers referred to as one of the big teams, cheers!
    Chelsea, Man u, Liverpool, L'Arse

LOLZ

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why the F.A. couldn't have just let them have the 4 hour delay they were asking for in the first place.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    why. 10 players affected by illness the day of a match. no time to prepare alternative tactics.

imho irrelevant comparisons. wenger knew players would be out for games and so would have had time to ajust tactics. do you want to reply all the games you won with those 9 players out as well? and replay some european rounds because sol and ashley cole are back fit?
    Not the point. West Ham prepared themselves for the game ahead of an important cup match. Why should they have a replay when it was nothing to do with them? If Tottenham fail to get a squad to the match effectively why should West Ham suffer?

No I wouldnt want to replay the games we won just like Spurs wouldnt have said anything if they had won

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazydays)
    I don't see why the F.A. couldn't have just let them have the 4 hour delay they were asking for in the first place.....
    4 hours extra drinking in london pubs in a massive game. I believe the police had a say, Tottenham would also know what they needed to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    Oh dear, it's more like L'Arse and Liverpool fan who should be embarassment after the nonsense being spouted here. Sure, 1 player injured is equal to 10 players who suddenly fall il before a kick off.

Spurs are not going to win the appeal, it's certain. But anyone with common sense would know if it was L'Arse or Liverpool or the other 2 'big' teams, the game would have been called off. no doubt about it. Ofcourse the only people who won't agree with that obvious fact are fans of L'Arse, Liverpool or the other 2 'big' teams.

VIVA EL BARCA!
    Rubbish. I have read a number of comments from Spurs fan saying they are embarrassed by the appeal. Accept it

ReputationRep:
    By NEIL CUSTIS
    RUUD VAN NISTELROOY will be sold by Manchester United after a SECOND punch-up with Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Dutch striker was axed for Sunday’s clash with Charlton over the incident and chief executive David Gill last night gave manager Alex Ferguson the OK to flog him.

Van Nistelrooy is understood to have taunted Ronaldo, referring to his Portuguese countryman and assistant boss Carlos Queiroz as his dad.

Ronaldo was furious, reminding Van Nistelrooy his real father, Dinis Aveiro, had died only last September.

But the Dutchman continued and the pair came to blows before being dragged apart by team-mates.

Some United stars feel Ronaldo gets special treatment from Queiroz.

But this time the other players and Ferguson sided with the youngster.

Ferguson’s relationship with Van Nistelrooy has been worsening all season. They have hardly spoken since the striker’s axeing from the Carling Cup final.

Van Nistelrooy’s agent Rodger Linse said last night: “Ruud didn’t leave Manchester, he was sent away. We have decided we will remain silent in this matter. We won’t be lowering ourselves to the level Ferguson has been doing via the media.”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    It seems to me like spurs want the best of both worlds if they really didn't think that the decision of the FA wasn't fair then they should have refused to play, yes they may have been docked a few points but it unlikely that they would have gone below 5th and then they may have had grounds to have that match played. Instead they decided to go ahead with the game hoping that they would win and because the game didn't go their way now they are complaining about it.

There have been numerous examples of where the result of a cup final, tournerment or even entry to a tournerment have been effected by a wronge decision by the ref, none of these teams got to replay their games so why should spurs be able to when the decision to have them play wasn't even deffinately wrong. If they are allowed to replay it will open a flood gate of teams asking for their games to be replayed
    FOR THE LAST TIME! IT'S VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR SPURS TO GET THE REPLAY!!! and please tell me you're kidding when your comparing a wrong decision by the referee to nearly a whole team being ill and unable to play before a kick off...haha

Even as I spurs fan, I don't think they should get the replay since it will be a mockery but you can say the FA is a mockery itself.
    They played on with the ill players(and real football fans should applaud them for that) and lost, that's it. Not playing would not have been an option since they would have been deducted 3 points and automatically be behind l'Arse, whatever happened in that game. So no, they don't deserve a replay but the game should never have started.

ReputationRep:
    all they do is WINGE!! I agreee with the OP, i mean Arsenal went through the season at some points with youngsters!!! and now they have a mishap and they are all complaining!! Martin Jol decided to field Ill players!! that IS his fault!! I'm sure he had alternatives because I dont believe the squad is that small but hey!! he fielded them, he was given the option to push the game till 5.00pm but he didnt SO TOUGH LUCK SPURS!! deal with it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    More like it :cool:
    Dear me. Define to me WC Quality..Experience at the top level? If thats the case he deserves his place over an awful lot of the squad. He has international apperances and goals, european apperances and goals(if you count world club championship) and top flight football two different clubs.
    Maybe WC Quality means you can make a drastic change to a game..Argentina,Paraquay and the majority of liverpool aways. Thats just off the top of my head.
    Crouch is keeping out a french international who on current form has 5 goals and 2 assists in 7 games out of the squad. Okay, so he doesnt play or look 'pretty' but thats irrelevant. He offers the england set up something different.
    I really dont understand the crouch bashing, it has got to an unreal point. What does the lad need to do before he gets some recognition. He is hard to defend against, and helps bring midfielders into play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Rubbish. I have read a number of comments from Spurs fan saying they are embarrassed by the appeal. Accept it
    Accept what? Do you even watch football? Spurs fans should be proud how their players played on Sunday. The club should not appeal but if anyone is suppose to be embarassed it's the FA.

ReputationRep:
    They've gona for a bit of a half way approach haven't they? The only two options i think they should have taken before the game were to either agree to kick off at 5pm, play the game and accept whatever result is the outcome. Or don't play the game, which will inevitably incur a three point deduction for them, but then appeal and try to get the game played at a later date.
    Accepting the FA's demand that the game be played on sunday then complaining that it shouldn't have been, regardless of whether they're right, is a bit odd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Dear me. Define to me WC Quality..
    You define WC quality since you labelled him one. He should go to the World cup in my opinion but reading all this commenst from Liverpool fans regarding Crouch is somewhat comical. Peter is a good lad who came through our ranks as a kid and i wish him good luck but i don't think worshiping the ground he walks on is neccesary at all.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.