Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Spurs...The everton of the south. Bitter and all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    You define WC quality since you labelled him one. He should go to the World cup in my opinion but reading all this commenst from Liverpool fans regarding Crouch is somewhat comical. Peter is a good lad who came through our ranks as a kid and i wish him good luck but i don't think worshiping the ground he walks on is neccesary at all.
    WC quality..
    Experience at the top level? If thats the case he deserves his place over an awful lot of the squad. He has international apperances and goals, european apperances and goals(if you count world club championship) and top flight football two different clubs.
    Maybe WC Quality means you can make a drastic change to a game..Argentina,Paraquay and the majority of liverpool aways. Thats just off the top of my head.
    That would do it for me.
    I dont worship the ground the lad walls on, im just sticking up for him because he comes under some totally uncalled for abuse and stick. He is a useful asset, and i wont allow him to be insulted just because he isnt 'a good sight'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    They've gona for a bit of a half way approach haven't they? The only two options i think they should have taken before the game were to either agree to kick off at 5pm, play the game and accept whatever result is the outcome. Or don't play the game, which will inevitably incur a three point deduction for them, but then appeal and try to get the game played at a later date.
    Accepting the FA's demand that the game be played on sunday then complaining that it shouldn't have been, regardless of whether they're right, is a bit odd
    I cant agree more!! :yy:...

I can't believe their chairman likened(sp??) it to a cup final :rolleyes: I guess that's why they think they get a first and second leg before the Grande Finale ehn?

ReputationRep:
    The horse has bolted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    Accept what? Do you even watch football? Spurs fans should be proud how their players played on Sunday. The club should not appeal but if anyone is suppose to be embarassed it's the FA.
    Why the FA? Did nothing wrong

ReputationRep:
    Im so disappointed that I didn't make the squad. I played a charity match at Charlton Athelteic which Sven goran wathched. At least he seen me play, unlike Walcott.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Rubbish. I have read a number of comments from Spurs fan saying they are embarrassed by the appeal. Accept it
    I'm not going to let the opinions of a few so-called Spurs fans dictate the way I feel. I'm not embarrassed at all. Levy has every right, however futile it may be, to contest the validity of the game. The club was forced in between a rock and a hard place. The Premier League gave us permission to delay the game by 4 hours, but the police rightfully said no. West Ham acted very sympathetically, they agreed to play at 7 O'clock. The problem I have is why the Prem agreed to postpone the game until 7, but not on another day. We would have known what to do if we followed the Prem's guidline and played at 7 O'clock (so the argument that we would have known what result we needed goes out of the window).

And it's ridiculous comparing the incident with other clubs' injuries. When half of your matchday squad are hit with the same virus/illness on the same day etc it's inconceivable that any match should go ahead. What happened to Boro in 1997 was similar, except they never consulted the League before postpoing the game and thus docked points.

We will never be allowed to replay the game, that's a given, but there's no reason to feel 'embarrassed' at trying to find out why the Prem acted in the way they did. What's more embarrassing is some of the bile spouted on here, including Spurs not being 'good-enough' for 4th place- it's absolutely irrelevant to the discussion.

And to those people wondering why we didn't play at 5 O'clock, the game was decided to go ahead at 2.45, thus leaving only 2 hours for taking on board fluid and nutrition. The fluid and food taken on board would have had little effect anyway, playing on a full stomach would have been silly.

ReputationRep:
    i wonder if Spurs ate lasagne before they played Grimsby, Leicester and Sunderland. They are an embarrassment to the Southeast of England.

ReputationRep:
    Once again, SAF thinks he is bigger than the club.
    Interesting to look back at how he has treated the clubs big stars.. Stam,Beckham,Keane and now Ruud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reloaded)
    i wonder if Spurs ate lasagne before they played Grimsby, Leicester and Sunderland. They are an embarrassment to the Southeast of England.
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    Good riddans ya *******

ReputationRep:
    For those who say that the FA's decision was unfair surely a more acceptable move would be to campaign for the rules for this type of situation to be reviewed so in further cases such as this everyone would know exactly where they stand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    For those who say that the FA's decision was unfair surely a more acceptable move would be to campaign for the rules for this type of situation to be reviewed so in further cases such as this everyone would know exactly where they stand.
    ''In our view, and regardless of the outcome of our case, the FAPL’s decision making process and lines of communication in such a situation need thorough and urgent review in order to ensure that no other club is similarly disadvantaged in the future.'' (Levy, from spurs.co.uk)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Once again, SAF thinks he is bigger than the club.
    Interesting to look back at how he has treated the clubs big stars.. Stam,Beckham,Keane and now Ruud.
    No, he's doing what he thinks is best for the club. Stam was a batty druggy, Beckham thought he was bigger than the club (though i would have liked him to stay), Keane had passed it and his negative vibes weren't appreciated, Ruud is still living on his reputation from his first 2 seasons when Beckham put the ball directly on his head and it bounced in, way passed it now. He's the most overated player in the premiership by far. I also find it quite amusing how van Basten chose Nistelrooy in the squad but not Makaay. You need a good team morale in the dressing room, but you're always hearing Ruud gettin into fights with others. Can't have him mocking Ronaldo!! It'll make Ronaldo wanna leave and CHelsea will snatch him up. All these players disrupted morale and that can't be allowed. I have full faith in how Ferguson treats his players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    ''In our view, and regardless of the outcome of our case, the FAPL’s decision making process and lines of communication in such a situation need thorough and urgent review in order to ensure that no other club is similarly disadvantaged in the future.'' (Levy, from spurs.co.uk)
    I have no problem with that but I believe that the rules being change should not effect the outcome of previous games.

ReputationRep:
    I think Martin Jol should have taken the 1700hrs kickoff!! but he didn't, meh! they WONT get the replay I believe and randomm is right, a review of rules shouldn't affect games already played, just games of the future

ReputationRep:
    After what is deemed to be a problem with Premier League protocol, Spurs have every right to complain imo. Doesn't mean they'll have a chance of getting a replay, but we shouldn't feel embarrassed about it, especially if it forces a change in the Prem rules. Charlton asked for a replay when they had to play on the Stamford Bridge 'beach', but nobody villified them.

ReputationRep:
    Just as United are growing, maturing and becoming more of a threat Ruud is disrupting the process. Team Morale is not a very healthy thing for a club to live with. If Ruud stays United won't improve and if he starts pissing players off then those players will end up asking to move. Ruud is NOT bigger than the club. He is very easily replacable. I don't rate him anymore. He scores 1 goal in about 7 chances whereas Louis Saha puts them in for fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    After what is deemed to be a problem with Premier League protocol, Spurs have every right to complain imo. Doesn't mean they'll have a chance of getting a replay, but we shouldn't feel embarrassed about it, especially if it forces a change in the Prem rules. Charlton asked for a replay when they had to play on the Stamford Bridge 'beach', but nobody villified them.
    I don't think that you should be embarrased but I don't think that you should get a replay either. If the rules are changed as with laws it will should only effect what comes afterwards and not be back dated

ReputationRep:
    "A 'clearly upset' Ronaldo replied that he 'did not have a dad'."

Nistelrooy is such a ****, definetly should be replaced.

I hope we can get Torres for him (+ £14.5million =\) as is rumoured.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.