Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    I hope nobody in the Prem wants to be Johnson. That will teach him.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    We'd swap him for Baros anyday but we'd never afford his wages.

ReputationRep:
    Go on Boro.... kick some spanish ass and bring that cup to England and they do deserve it after the season they had !!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    Oh dear, it's more like L'Arse and Liverpool fan who should be embarassment after the nonsense being spouted here. Sure, 1 player injured is equal to 10 players who suddenly fall il before a kick off.

Spurs are not going to win the appeal, it's certain. But anyone with common sense would know if it was L'Arse or Liverpool or the other 2 'big' teams, the game would have been called off. no doubt about it. Ofcourse the only people who won't agree with that obvious fact are fans of L'Arse, Liverpool or the other 2 'big' teams.

VIVA EL BARCA!
    I dont support one of the 4 big teams and I think their appeal is farcical. If they were so ill, how could they play in the match? And like others have said, if they won their appeal, then dozens of other teams would appeal. If they had refused to play the match or if the players who were ill hadnt actually taken part, then maybe they'd have a chance but I cant see it happening now.

ReputationRep:
    It's not the first time it's happened this season in Cardiff, IIRC there were ticketing problems for some fans at the league cup final, tho I can't remember exactly what it entailed.

It's easy enough to issue duplicates, they just probably don't want the hassle of 2 people turning up for the same seat, both believing they have legitimately bought that ticket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDuck)
    I dont support one of the 4 big teams and I think their appeal is farcical. If they were so ill, how could they play in the match? And like others have said, if they won their appeal, then dozens of other teams would appeal. If they had refused to play the match or if the players who were ill hadnt actually taken part, then maybe they'd have a chance but I cant see it happening now.
    WELL SAID!! exactly what I think!!!! They were obviously well enough to play and Martin Jol fielded them to play!! I'm sure the FA assessed the situation as best they could and they thought that spurs could carry on!!! You guys are just going to have to live with it and stop being such sore losers :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Confirmed my tickets were stolen within that 1600, I just hope Liverpool sort a way for them to be replaced. (One idea is the ballot tickets will be used as replacements).

ReputationRep:
    Alan~~so miss you

ReputationRep:
    Crouch just like Koller, his length is for assist, not goal

ReputationRep:
    LFC girl and CalderstonesLFC, your both ST holders then?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately they will because he's the best player in the league.

And yes Calderstone, we just didn't look like we could be bothered. In a game where we had to score, drawing 0-0 is completely unnaceptable. 3-1 to them would have been more easy to stomach than that shower of ****

Still, there's always next year

ReputationRep:
    More news just getting in the papers and websites, Sunderland have requested that they replay all their games from the 05/06 season, claiming they didnt have one player fit to play in the Premier League all season....

Spurs seem to have forgotton Boro in the same situation a few years ago.... Either that or they think it is different for them....

Not been a good year for "Big" football teams, first Brum, now this.... such a shame. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simeon)
    It's from the sountrack (written by MArk Knopfler) of the film Local Hero.

It's called Going Home.
    Correct... awesome song, probably the best one that any team in the premiership comes out to, so motivating and inspiring.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to have mistakenly missed off one name in the title for this thread

ReputationRep:
    Vidic is great, but Evra is back-up for Heinze.

ReputationRep:
    Just like my beloved TraffordDevilsBowl in Surrey. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    You've made these up haven't you?
    He so has.

ReputationRep:
    I'd try out Walcott if I were a championship-winning manager in two countries too.

ReputationRep:
    Which uni? London's unis have several leagues.

ReputationRep:
    FC United and Watford are both great to spend a Satruday afternoon at!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.