ReputationRep:
    your all on...

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle United. Despite their flaws... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SideView)
    jaggysnake i put you under man u ....
    Hahahaha! Sell out!

Nobody wanting to jump on the Leyton Orient bandwagon? Come on Man Utd 'fans' in London and the south east, you don't really support that northern excuse do ya? At least you get to go to games when you support the Os...

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Robbie Fowler is a good signing for Liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    Course he is, free transfer, cover for the strikers they have, who arent in the best finishing form, he is in good form, can't be bad

ReputationRep:
    wow they'v signed him!!!! Flower the prowler returns home, never imagined in a hundred yrs they would sign him.

:dancing:

*dances in glee*

God's back!!!!!!!1"£2r12orh189¬"£!` eleven!!!£"!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    :dancing:

*dances in glee*

God's back!!!!!!!1"£2r12orh189¬"£!` eleven!!!£"!
    We have some1 who can score now

ReputationRep:
    Get in Fowler's back!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well its good that he's a free transfer and he can play in Europe.

However i do think Fowler is clearly past it. His goalscoring record over the last 4 or 5 years is pretty poor and he is injury prone.

ReputationRep:
    I was beginning to respect Rafa.

ReputationRep:
    He's an indifferent signing.

ReputationRep:
    well in comparison to.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/4655478.stm
    He's 30.. perhaps past his prime? but has so much experiance to offer and on form.. AND FREE, i mean if it was Chelski they wouldve thrown a few million at him anyway..
    Either can play as the other strikers arent in the best of form.. be played as a late sub to get winners with his experiance and as Benitez says "He's got a wealth of experience and he gives us more attacking options."
    Im not going to question Benitez :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's not exactly a bad signing is it, infact is probably one of is best, atleast i hope t turns out that way, he will be more effective than morientes and cisse thats for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Free transfer, available for europe and a liverpool legend. Hes the best finisher at the club now and i cant wait to see him against benifca. Its going to amazing. Best buy the clubs made this transfer window!

ReputationRep:
    The guy is clearly past it now and he hasnt had a good seson for 5 or 6 years. You don't see Barcelona resigning Rivaldo, or Man Utd resigning Beckham, or even Real Madrid resigning Hierro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    The guy is clearly past it now and he hasnt had a good seson for 5 or 6 years. You don't see Barcelona resigning Rivaldo, or Man Utd resigning Beckham, or even Real Madrid resigning Hierro.
    Beckhams older then fowler, and for a free transfer you cant go wrong. i cant imagine his wages are that large so if he fails so what? hes a better finisher than any striker weve got at the momment. great business!

--------------

(Original post by md_red_uk)
    I was beginning to respect Rafa.
    Why not now? a free transfer and still one of the most natural goal scorers ever

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a vid of his goal v Manure and his celebration? Please please please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    There are a couple of points. Firstly, he's only 30, he's not that old. Secondly, his goal record since leaving us has been about 1 in 3, to say that's not bad for someone who's been injured a lot is an under-statement. And finally, the transfer really has no risk in it. There is a lost of hysteria at the moment, return of the prodigal son etc. but sentiment would have played no part in Rafa's decision to sign him and given the fee (nothing) and the low pages (~20kp/w) plus a 6 month contract, there is no risk involved. He could score goals and go out in a blaze or play a bit here and there, look out of his depth and be helped on his way elsewhere like Pellegrino without much damage done.

It could turn out to be a very shrewd buy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    Does anyone have a vid of his goal v Manure and his celebration? Please please please!
    Nope but ive got this helpful photo...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.