Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Video: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/56388/theo_walcott/

THEO WALCOTT has the world at his feet — and we've found the evidence to support his inclusion in Sven Goran Eriksson's England squad.

The 17-year-old made just 13 starts in the Championship for Southampton last season but Arsenal snapped him up for a bargain £5million.

Walcott is yet to play for the Gunners and Eriksson only saw him on video before including him in his 23-man squad for Germany.

But if this is the footage the Swede saw, it's no surprise the England coach made such a bold decision.

Walcott displays all his star qualities — a real eye for a goal, blistering pace, tricky footwork and superb crossing ability.

There are also assessments of his worth from former boss Harry Redknapp, as well as Saints legend Matt Le Tissier.

NB: This link will take you to an external site. The Sun is not responsible for any content therein. Other content on this site may be of an adult nature.

He looks like a decent player.

ReputationRep:
    I guess at the end of the day, if you lose 4-0 then you probably did not deserve to win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    It was to serve the argument that as a Manchester United fan, he was in no place to make an unbiased claim that Crouch should not have been included (although neither am I for that matter). At the end of the day, Eriksson, Rafa and numerous other names feel he's earnt his place.

I'm sure Rafa's had far worse ideas than to sign Pellegrino and Carew.
    I agree with your point about Crouch - he's the best target man England have and should be in the squad. I just dont like the argument of "the manager rates him, and i think he knows a bit more about football than you!"

ReputationRep:
    Why do I get the feeling Arsenal will follow suit? Like 3-0 or something. Ok maybe not.

ReputationRep:
    Borough were totally outclassed today, and no, I think that Arsenal's match will be a lot closer!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well Halifax made the final of the play offs after a 2-2 draw against Grays winning 5-4 overall, another fiery match with plenty of action.

ReputationRep:
    And...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Borough were totally outclassed today, and no, I think that Arsenal's match will be a lot closer!
    Closer, but not close enough? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently there is a suggestion that some gambling rings may have been at work here. West Ham were 11/10 on Asian Handicap on Saturday night and changed to 4/5 by 11:14 Sunday morning before poison news broke out. If this is the case then this is not the first incident where gambling rings have been suggested - the RWC final between NZ and RSA is one example. They have also been sabotaging floodlights to fix matches too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad that FA did the right thing in saying no. Had Wst Ham not had a FA Cup final and Spurs had maybe got the game put back, it wuld have been ok. But to maybe have the 4th place snatched from Arsenal should Spurs win would be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Joke team, joke club, embarrassing.
    Comments like this epitomise 'embarrassing'.

Originally posted by NDGAARONDI
    Apparently there is a suggestion that some gambling rings may have been at work here. West Ham were 11/10 on Asian Handicap on Saturday night and changed to 4/5 by 11:14 Sunday morning before poison news broke out. If this is the case then this is not the first incident where gambling rings have been suggested - the RWC final between NZ and RSA is one example. They have also been sabotaging floodlights to fix matches too.
    I think the floodlight incident was Charlton vs Liverpool a few years back. I wouldn't be surprised if an Arsenal fan did try and poison the team, i mean if Economist hates Spurs so much that it supercedes rational thinking, what's the uneducated Arsenal fan liable to do?

ReputationRep:
    Well done Halifax!!!!

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by material breach)
    Or boro players... 11 england internationals from various age levels in the squad at the weekend.
    Anyone can do that, it's the quality that counts. I don't think Celtic will ever be beaten on that front, winning the European Cup with lads born within 10 miles or something crazy like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Torres says he's leaving Athletico

Berbatov maybe to Arsenal or Spuds
    Why do Arsenal need another striker next season, they will have Adebayor, Walcott and Van Persie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    I neg rep'd you, because your forza barca thing as immature. Oh wait, i support liverpool.
    So I can't show my appreciation for the best team in Spain and Europe? and is it as immature as Gooners rallying behind West Ham on sunday? no

and it's not 'forza' which is Italian, atleast get the language right :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy)
    Southgate just summed it up best 'They were better than us' and it was true, Sevilla were just better than Boro end of story but should of had a penalty on Viduka!
    Boro were not as bad as the score shows because they were still in the game at half time but when you have 4 strikers on the pitch, it'll leave big spaces in the back. I'm quite disappointed by Mclaren's tactic's actually, while the Sevilla coach made perfect changes i.e taking of Saviola and bringing in Kanoute, since they were more dangerous from crosses into the box and needed a tall fella. It payed because Kanoute was involved in the last 3 goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Comments like this epitomise 'embarrassing'.

I think the floodlight incident was Charlton vs Liverpool a few years back. I wouldn't be surprised if an Arsenal fan did try and poison the team, i mean if Economist hates Spurs so much that it supercedes rational thinking, what's the uneducated Arsenal fan liable to do?
    Joke team I tell you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    So I can't show my appreciation for the best team in Spain and Europe? and is it as immature as Gooners rallying behind West Ham on sunday? no

and it's not 'forza' which is Italian, atleast get the language right :rolleyes:
    Immature?

IRONS IRONS IRONS

I'm forever blowing bubbles, pretty bubbles in the air
    They fly so high, nearly reach the sky
    Then like my dreams they fade and die
    Fortune's always hiding, I've looked everywhere
    I'm forever blowing bubbles, pretty bubbles in the air
    United! (clap hands) United! (clap hands) United! (clap hands)

ReputationRep:
    Kop used to sing

I'm forever blowing bubbles
    pretty bubbles in the air
    but like west ham, they fade and die
    tottenham's always running
    chelsea's running too
    and if you come to anfield
    we'll be running after you

Not very apt now though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)

You can show appreciation, but just copy and pasting it multiple times is pointless.
    Gooners can rally behind who ever they want, aslong as they dont spam it.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.