Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    You can show appreciation, but just copy and pasting it multiple times is pointless.
    Gooners can rally behind who ever they want, aslong as they dont spam it.
    Come on you Hammers this Saturday!!

IRONS IRONS IRONS

I'm forever blowing bubbles, pretty bubbles in the air
    They fly so high, nearly reach the sky
    Then like my dreams they fade and die
    Fortune's always hiding, I've looked everywhere
    I'm forever blowing bubbles, pretty bubbles in the air
    United! (clap hands) United! (clap hands) United! (clap hands)

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    no not really, but i enjoyed it just the same. Thanks for sharing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Why do Arsenal need another striker next season, they will have Adebayor, Walcott and Van Persie
    huh....myabe you did it in purpose but you forgot to mention their other striker for next season.....Lupoli

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancred)
    'point missed', 'point missed'......... not at all, Rooney.......................... ................................ ................................ ..................... where you got that from
    No, you really have missed the point, you've missed the point of Crouch. Do u think the expectation is more on him to score goals or create them?
    And you're right, this isn't about clubs but the fact that both yours and his (and mine too!) opinions will be affected by club support. It has nothing to do with hatred of other clubs, it has to do with rating your own club's players over others, and conversely, rating other club players less than your own. That was what he was saying, and since this is about opinions on players, it is relevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    So I can't show my appreciation for the best team in Spain and Europe? and is it as immature as Gooners rallying behind West Ham on sunday? no

and it's not 'forza' which is Italian, atleast get the language right :rolleyes:
    Arsenal had a reason to rally behind West Ham, actually... they had something to gain from it.

Now that Tottenham got what they deserved, 5th place, and the undeserved CL spot is out of the question, you should, for the sake of English football try and at least be gracious toward Arsenal. At the very very least, you should try and remain impartial, and enjoy the great footballing spectacle that the CL final promises.

ReputationRep:
    And errrrrm Thierry Henry.

Barca have shown interest in another forward now, and I believe its pretty much a done thing... maybe they are starting to think they can't get Henry?

Van persie is awful. As an Arsenal fan, I would love to see him go away and never come back.

ReputationRep:
    I do hope Arsenal fare better, or else English football may look a bit average in Europe for the next year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Arsenal had a reason to rally behind West Ham, actually... they had something to gain from it.

Now that Tottenham got what they deserved, 5th place, and the undeserved CL spot is out of the question, you should, for the sake of English football try and at least be gracious toward Arsenal. At the very very least, you should try and remain impartial, and enjoy the great footballing spectacle that the CL final promises.
    That's a big thing to ask from a Yid :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Van Persie is absolutely brilliant! He's got a bit of a nasty streak, but he's is sheer quality and I'm absolutely 100% sure he is going to be a great player for Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    Closer, but not close enough? :p:
    yeah, not close enough for barca to catch up , I reckon a 2nd place medal will look good on Eto'o and Ronaldinho

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone see who Theo's idol was?..... Heskey!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Come on you Irons!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    :eek: Van Persie is absolutely brilliant! He's got a bit of a nasty streak, but he's is sheer quality and I'm absolutely 100% sure he is going to be a great player for Arsenal
    Exactly my view. I was quite shocked hearing an Arsenal fan not like him.

Maybe I haven't watched him enough. But from what I have seen, he's excellent control, scores and assists goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)

Just because we have 'nothing to gain from it' isn't really a reason to overlook rivalry and support Arsenal- I don't think you'll see any Barca flags out in Madrid. And you assume Spurs fans won't enjoy the final, oh we will...I personally enjoy watching barcelona, not only because of their style of play, but also their honourable manager and the way his teams play with a smile.

ReputationRep:
    Re the amount clubs get from tv revenue/prize money...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4759033.stm

How the hell have spurs done that? They got knocked out of both cups at the first opportunity and only came one place above us in the league, and we got to the semi's of the league cup and progressed further than them in the fa cup, boro got to a european final and west ham are in the fa cup final.

So why have they got more money through tv?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, is this how they're gonna decide the winner this year? Not sure what i think about that, but i'll give it a go.
    Liverpool

(This way i can really feel like i contributed to the win, if we win)

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Alonso'll be back! Though we are capable without, but better with.

ReputationRep:
    Even without FA cups, league cups and CL we are obviously a big draw.

And for the almighty feat of winning the CL, Arsenal would only get an extra 2m? that's harsh.

ReputationRep:
    Yayy so:

Arsenal £52.7m*
    Chelsea £47.5m
    Liverpool £43.2m**
    Man Utd £39.8m
    Tottenham £26.2m
    West Ham £24.4m**
    Middlesbrough £24.3m
    Newcastle £24.0m
    Bolton £23.7m
    Blackburn £23.6m
    Wigan £22.9m
    Everton £22.4m
    Charlton £21.0m
    Man City £20.6m
    Fulham £20.3m
    Aston Villa £19.6m
    Birmingham £19.4m
    Portsmouth £18.0m
    West Brom £16.9m
    Sunderland £16.1m

* Arsenal earn an extra £2m if they win the Champions League
    ** An extra £1m goes to the FA Cup final winners

=

Arsenal £52.7m*
    Chelsea £47.5m
    Liverpool £44.2m**
    Man Utd £39.8m
    Tottenham £26.2m
    West Ham £24.4m**
    Middlesbrough £24.3m
    Newcastle £24.0m
    Bolton £23.7m
    Blackburn £23.6m
    Wigan £22.9m
    Everton £22.4m
    Charlton £21.0m
    Man City £20.6m
    Fulham £20.3m
    Aston Villa £19.6m
    Birmingham £19.4m
    Portsmouth £18.0m
    West Brom £16.9m
    Sunderland £16.1m

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.