Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you write an official letter to the FA and Premier League, if you're so concerned.

The more logical reason behind this list other than Spurs being 'dodgy' is the amount of live Premiership games being broadcast involving Spurs and also the little fact that they earned $2 million by winning the Peace Cup beating Lyon at the start of the season.

ReputationRep:
    I have a strong feeling Arsenal are gonna win. IF they contain Ronaldinho. Will they put Gilberto on him d'ya think? Or Toure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D-Skips)
    Sol Campbell - Spurs (This is a done deal)
    Really?:eek: Is he past it though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukeharmz)
    Did anyone see who Theo's idol was?..... Heskey!:eek:
    Where did you read that then?

ReputationRep:
    In related news (Though I suspect slightly more reliable than the Sol rumour)< Dmitri Berbatov to Spurs for £10.7m according to the Beeb football

ReputationRep:
    Heskey is the perfect idol.

Think about it, for any young aspiring player, they see Heskey, and know if he can play in the premiership, then anyone can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    I have a strong feeling Arsenal are gonna win. IF they contain Ronaldinho. Will they put Gilberto on him d'ya think? Or Toure?
    I hope they contain him!!! Toure has AMAZING pace and I think he would be the man to mark ronaldinho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Arsenal had a reason to rally behind West Ham, actually... they had something to gain from it.

Now that Tottenham got what they deserved, 5th place, and the undeserved CL spot is out of the question, you should, for the sake of English football try and at least be gracious toward Arsenal. At the very very least, you should try and remain impartial, and enjoy the great footballing spectacle that the CL final promises.
    Oh i'll enjoy the final, no doubt about that. but a Barca win will shut up all the gooners and after the nonsense being spouted here, they definitely need to.

and it's funny how you can't comprehend the fact that people actually like Barca and it's not all about Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    In related news (Though I suspect slightly more reliable than the Sol rumour)< Dmitri Berbatov to Spurs for £10.7m according to the Beeb football
    The grapevine informs me that he's due for a medical on Sunday. Not getting CL won't have hurt us then...if he comes. 10.7m quid is a fair price for a potentially world-class striker imo.

ReputationRep:
    The OFFICIAL Squad:

GK: Paul Robinson
    GK: David James
    GK: Robert Green

RB: Gary Neville
    RB: Jamie Carragher
    DC: John Terry
    DC: Rio Ferdinand
    DC: Sol Campbell
    LB: Ashley Cole
    LB: Wayne Bridge

RM: David Beckham
    RM: Aaron Lennon
    MC: Owen Hargreaves
    MC: Frank Lampard
    MC: Steven Gerrard
    MC: Michael Carrick
    MC: Jermain Jenas
    LM: Joe Cole
    LM: Stuart Downing

ST: Michael Owen
    ST: Wayne Rooney
    ST: Peter Crouch
    ST: Theo Walcott

What your views?

ReputationRep:
    I read it in the paper.

What has Heskey done in his career?

ReputationRep:
    As long as Lampard is playing I don't really give a damn who else is in the team, it's not like we have actually got a chance anyway so I might as well get something out of watching the losers!

ReputationRep:
    I must be honest and admit I haven't heard anything of this guy, but I've just read that he's the second top scorer in the German league, so he can't be terrible. Plus, with a name like Berbatov, he's gotta be good, surely

ReputationRep:
    I love your patriotic nature Claire :rolleyes:

VIVA LA FRANCAIS!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    The grapevine informs me that he's due for a medical on Sunday. Not getting CL won't have hurt us then...if he comes. 10.7m quid is a fair price for a potentially world-class striker imo.
    Oh..where are we going to accommodate him? (that's if we get him), we'll be spoilt for choices up front.

Also the fact he's not taking part in his country's matchs against Scotland in Japan right now, implies he might sign soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    Why don't you write an official letter to the FA and Premier League, if you're so concerned.

The more logical reason behind this list other than Spurs being 'dodgy' is the amount of live Premiership games being broadcast involving Spurs and also the little fact that they earned $2 million by winning the Peace Cup beating Lyon at the start of the season.
    Hey, my final year project is so dull, that sadly it makes writing to the FA look attractive!

4 years at uni has sapped any motivation to do work out of me and now i get easily distracted
    I still think its a bit weird that they've ended up with so much moneycompared to some of the other clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    I hope they contain him!!! Toure has AMAZING pace and I think he would be the man to mark ronaldinho
    Yeah but Gilberto knows him from the Brazil squad

ReputationRep:

He looks like a decent player.

He's better than decent, he's EXCELLENT.
    But he will still get knocked off the ball with the first gust of wind that comes his way.
    Should he feature, of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukeharmz)
    I read it in the paper.

What has Heskey done in his career?
    Oh really where was that then? In the back or with the bit talkin about his bird!?

ReputationRep:
    £10.7m seems like an awful lot for an unknown quanitity. How mcuh did Rebrov cost you?

Would you not be bettre off going for someone like van Horse, who is proven in the PL, and Man U are desperate to get rid? Would have thoguth the dutch connection with Jol may help too.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.