Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Defoe still hasn't got the goal-hanging ability of Wright, but I guess that may come later in his career. Jol tried to make him a more keane-esque player, contributing to all-round play, worked to an extent with the number of assists he's made but he's lost an element to his game this season. The goal against west spam is what he should be doing every game.

ReputationRep:
    About how Spurs fans should be embarrased since virtually all have come here said how Spurs should not appeal. and now that the appeal has been rejected and Spurs fans are accepting the result and moving on, it's other fans who are still going on about it.

comical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmocrates)
    Hey, my final year project is so dull, that sadly it makes writing to the FA look attractive!

4 years at uni has sapped any motivation to do work out of me and now i get easily distracted
    I still think its a bit weird that they've ended up with so much moneycompared to some of the other clubs.
    Take away the $2 million prize money and the many live premiership broadcast and they'll be in the midst alongside those other clubs.

ReputationRep:
    it could of been i dont know.

It was def Heskey.

ReputationRep:
    Part of the reason why we appealed in the first place was to get the rules changed so nobody has to be disadvantaged like that ever again. If Gooners (and others) actually read the original letter, and the follow up letter after the rejection, they would realise that. So yeah, that and the general anti-Spurs nonsense... you obviously find us a threat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    About how Spurs fans should be embarrased since virtually all have come here said how Spurs should not appeal. and now that the appeal has been rejected and Spurs fans are accepting the result and moving on, it's other fans who are still going on about it.

comical
    Precisely. You should be embarrased at your club because you knew you shouldnt have appealed yet Spurs did.

ReputationRep:
    What makes Spurs so arrogant to think they would win if there was a rematch?

Spurs can stop being such bad losers.

ReputationRep:
    it could have been where you didn't answer my question lol I gave you 2 options!

ReputationRep:
    I dont think Hardgreaves brings anything to the squad at all and same with Jenas could take one of them out and get another striker in the.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukeharmz)
    I dont think Hardgreaves brings anything to the squad at all and same with Jenas could take one of them out and get another striker in the.
    Completely agree with you there, i don't see the point in either of the players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    What makes Spurs so arrogant to think they would win if there was a rematch?

Spurs can stop being such bad losers.
    The original game was not a fair contest, players throwing up and collapsing directly before and after the game respectively. Nobody is taking anything for granted, again if you read the letters you would have a better idea. All they were asking for was a fair crack of the whip. It seems strange that we played superbly at Highbury two weeks earlier, yet we produced arguably our worst performance of the season at west spam. Nobody should have to be disadvantaged like that ever again.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you admit that West Ham played better than you on the day, and it doesn't matter how well you played 2 weeks ago. Its life - in 2003, Arsenal were running away with the Premiership title and then in the last 7 games or so, it seemed that it was a team fighting relegation that was playing, not one that was going to win the title (which they eventually lost to United when they lost to a soon to be relegated Leeds United at Highbury).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Precisely. You should be embarrased at your club because you knew you shouldnt have appealed yet Spurs did.
    Still forgeting the fact Spurs fans should be exceptionally proud of their players for playing. They have nothing to be embarrased about.

Fans who should be embarrassed are those with a manager who claims to never see anyhting on the pitch and who has the audacity to criticise another manager for the same thing, when TV replays shows he wasn't even looking that way.

Spurs fans have moved on, other so called 'fans' should do the same. If you'd actually put more effort into your team rather than Spurs, you'd be able to call yourself an Arsenal fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ur/4755491.stm

Spurs fans should be embarrassed.

Can Arsenal replay all the games we lost when we had 9 men out this season?
    In fact lets delay the world cup because Rooney is injured!
    Chef Wenger put special potion in their food though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Part of the reason why we appealed in the first place was to get the rules changed so nobody has to be disadvantaged like that ever again. If Gooners (and others) actually read the original letter, and the follow up letter after the rejection, they would realise that. So yeah, that and the general anti-Spurs nonsense... you obviously find us a threat.
    You would actually notice from my measured response that I might have the intelligence to have done just that. And I do see what Spurs are talking about when they say it is a grey area... I think these sorts of things need to happen, in a funny kind of way so that the football league can adapt its rules and regs as time passes for these kinds of things. Thus, future considerations will be better, and the sport will evolve - on and off the field.

And I understand it isn't all about Arsenal, nor Barcelona. I have great respect for Barcelona, and many of their players. And even if Arsenal lose, I will have enjoyed the game totally... I don't see why you need have such a low opinion of us Arsenal fans... though I suppose all football clubs have a certain stigma attached. And that's a shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Man marking Dinho is not the way to stop him. Wenger doesnt like to man makr players either.
    Gattuso will back you up on that. The first leg of the semi final, Gattuso was worn out after the first half.

ReputationRep:
    The hypocrisy is the whole thing is that if Spurs had won, they would have been hailing it as some miracle. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    Why can't you admit that West Ham played better than you on the day, and it doesn't matter how well you played 2 weeks ago. Its life - in 2003, Arsenal were running away with the Premiership title and then in the last 7 games or so, it seemed that it was a team fighting relegation that was playing, not one that was going to win the title (which they eventually lost to United when they lost to a soon to be relegated Leeds United at Highbury).
    I have given them credit in previous posts, and if you like I can do it again...west ham were better than us but I don't know how much they can take from the game under the circumstances. Can't help but wonder what would have happened had the whole food poisoning thing not have taken place. The Arsenal example you've used is different. Arsenal didn't slip up because of a combination of 10 players suffering from poisoning and suspect FAPL antics. I was using the Highbury game as a barometer to try and show what effect the food poisoning may have had. The west ham game was not a fair contest, the FAPL conceded that by offering a 4 hour postponement, nowhere near long enough to get a bug out of you're stomach. Besides, im not even arguing that we should get a replay, I've said all along that Spurs fans should not have been embarrassed by our club trying to get a fair crack of the whip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    a Barca win will shut up all the gooners
    No it won't. It is still a great achievement to get this far.
    I wait patiently for the day that Spurs actually QUALIFY for the Champs Lge, let alone face the world's best team in the final.

As for the West Ham game, earlier in the season it finished Spurs 1-1 West Ham at White Hart Lane. A narrow West Ham victory at Upton Park would never exactly have been the shock of the season!

ReputationRep:
    Outburst time:I'm bloody sick of Arsenal and how everyone thinks they're such civilized gentlemen, bored to tears of 'em. Hope Barca win, excuse my lack of patriotism, only how many Brits play for 'em?? RRRR:mad:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.