Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Let's not forget.. if Spurs finished 4th then they would have had to play against a seeded team in the CL qualifiers. As Everton found out last season, it's best to just save yourself the hassle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    You would actually notice from my measured response that I might have the intelligence to have done just that. And I do see what Spurs are talking about when they say it is a grey area... I think these sorts of things need to happen, in a funny kind of way so that the football league can adapt its rules and regs as time passes for these kinds of things. Thus, future considerations will be better, and the sport will evolve - on and off the field.

And I understand it isn't all about Arsenal, nor Barcelona. I have great respect for Barcelona, and many of their players. And even if Arsenal lose, I will have enjoyed the game totally... I don't see why you need have such a low opinion of us Arsenal fans... though I suppose all football clubs have a certain stigma attached. And that's a shame.
    I don't have a low opinion of all Arsenal fans, in fact I respect some of you. Just a shame a nameless few (possibly as little as one or two) give the rest of you a bad name. Would be nice if other fans could give as 'measured' a response as you- I'm getting bored of having to defend Spurs against pointless attacks. I like to post anything to do with football, and would be nice to take my mind of the whole food poisoning debacle . Trying to be as neutral as my Spurs roots allow, I think Arsenal will lose 2-1. You have the attacking prowess to give Barca a problem, but defensively I think you need a bit more experience (and Campbell not to play).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Outburst time:I'm bloody sick of Arsenal and how everyone thinks they're such civilized gentlemen, bored to tears of 'em. Hope Barca win, excuse my lack of patriotism, only how many Brits play for 'em?? RRRR:mad:
    We are civilized gentlemen .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    Still forgeting the fact Spurs fans should be exceptionally proud of their players for playing. They have nothing to be embarrased about.

Fans who should be embarrassed are those with a manager who claims to never see anyhting on the pitch and who has the audacity to criticise another manager for the same thing, when TV replays shows he wasn't even looking that way.

Spurs fans have moved on, other so called 'fans' should do the same. If you'd actually put more effort into your team rather than Spurs, you'd be able to call yourself an Arsenal fan.
    Well im just having a rest for the moment, we have a big game coming up. When was the last time Spurs had a big game? How did they do in the FA Cup and Carling Cup this year? Grimsby and Leicester LOL. Spurs set the record for the least amount of games you can play in a season yet still had there best season in ages

ReputationRep:
    Now now, stop arguing like a married couple.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    ...by the way.. A barca win WONT shut up the gooners , as someone has said, we have done well to go this far, a point so far that spurs can't even dream of achieving our level of success and they probably never will!.. To an extent, it doesn't matter if we win or lose because we are in the qualification 4th spot to potentially compete again next season but Spurs aren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    I don't have a low opinion of all Arsenal fans, in fact I respect some of you. Just a shame a nameless few (possibly as little as one or two) give the rest of you a bad name. Would be nice if other fans could give as 'measured' a response as you- I'm getting bored of having to defend Spurs against pointless attacks. I like to post anything to do with football, and would be nice to take my mind of the whole food poisoning debacle . Trying to be as neutral as my Spurs roots allow, I think Arsenal will lose 2-1. You have the attacking prowess to give Barca a problem, but defensively I think you need a bit more experience (and Campbell not to play).
    Who needs experience when your defence has gone over 10 games, over 900 minutes without conceding a goal in the CL. I hope Senderos is fit and Campbell doesnt play personally

ReputationRep:
    The same defence that has set a CL clean sheet record?.. I'm sure it has good enough experience given that testimonial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    We are civilized gentlemen .
    VanPersie isn't Or Ljungberg He's a Tit

ReputationRep:
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Come on IRONS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Well im just having a rest for the moment, we have a big game coming up. When was the last time Spurs had a big game? How did they do in the FA Cup and Carling Cup this year? Grimsby and Leicester LOL. Spurs set the record for the least amount of games you can play in a season yet still had there best season in ages
    Then you seem to have been resting ever since I can remember. Refused makes a good point about concentrating on one's own team, bar the odd bit of banter, and Economist unsurprisingly comes out with something totally irrational. You can't then wonder we have such a low opinion of Arsenal fans.

ReputationRep:
    Van Persie does some ****ed up ****, which OK, I can't exactly recall right now, but I don't have a good impression of him. Ljungberg's just petulant

ReputationRep:
    Van persie does have a temper problem but Ljunberg rocks!! He is a gentleman, remember how he got bullied against Villareal :eek: and he kept his cool!

ReputationRep:
    Har harr my posts have been deleted >__>

ReputationRep:
    Then you seem to have been resting ever since I can remember. Refused makes a good point about concentrating on one's own team, bar the odd bit of banter, and Economist unsurprisingly comes out with something totally irrational. You can't then wonder we have such a low opinion of Arsenal fans.
    I just like correcting deluded Spuds

ReputationRep:
    as much as i want to say west ham, it has to be a liverpool win.

ReputationRep:
    The same defence that has set a CL clean sheet record?.. I'm sure it has good enough experience given that testimonial
    There's a step up in class though. Not to take anything away from you, but I think Barca are a different proposition to Madrid, Juve etc. If you can realistically entertain the idea of losing (which you have), it therefore means you entertain the idea of conceding goals. Barca will also take encouragement from Wigan, if they need any that is.

ReputationRep:
    There's a step up in class though. Not to take anything away from you, but I think Barca are a different proposition to Madrid, Juve etc. If you can realistically entertain the idea of losing (which you have), it therefore means you entertain the idea of conceding goals. Barca will also take encouragement from Wigan, if they need any that is.
    Yeah, I get your point about Barca being in a different league but your initial arguement was about an inexperienced defence and I was just pointing out that the so-called inexperienced defence have achieved a champions league record ..
    It will definitely be a strong contention!, a heated match and I don't know which way it will go to be honest. Ronaldinho and Eto'o are superb strikers, but then we have the Powerful pace of toure coupled with his ressilience Ebuoe(sp??) has proven very good as well but I don't want to see campbell on the squad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I get your point about Barca being in a different league but your initial arguement was about an inexperienced defence and I was just pointing out that the so-called inexperienced defence have achieved a champions league record ..
    squad
    You didn't need to point it out , I was specifically referring to the experience required when playing a team like Barcelona.

I think wenger loves Campbell too much to drop him.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.