Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    What ever happened to Daniel Agger, and the next big thing Carl Medjani lol???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    And errrrrm Thierry Henry.

Barca have shown interest in another forward now, and I believe its pretty much a done thing... maybe they are starting to think they can't get Henry?

Van persie is awful. As an Arsenal fan, I would love to see him go away and never come back.
    I really cant see how you can class him as awful

Just a few clips to refresh your memory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAIyb...h=van%20persie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfAUW...h=van%20persie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78A8r...h=van%20persie

Cant wait for him and Henry (hopefully) upfront next season. He is immense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    What ever happened to Daniel Agger
    He is currently got a shin injury.
    Weve also got the argentian Palleta from Banfield, and left back Fabio Aurelio the brazilian from valencia has come to. Our defence is pretty well covered for now.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but my point is, I'm not an Arsenal fan. I see your point if I was, but it's like us non-gooners are expected to support them in the final, 'cos they're a 'British' team.....but they're not......is my point

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how people moan about Arsenal's lack of Englishmen and then bang on about how England are useless blah blah. I assume all those people not wanting foreigners would just prefer to watch England all day long. I couldnt imagine the premiership without the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, Zola, Cantona, Schmeichel, Vieira, Keane, Giggs, Pires to only name a few.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Yeah, but my point is, I'm not an Arsenal fan. I see your point if I was, but it's like us non-gooners are expected to support them in the final, 'cos they're a 'British' team.....but they're not......is my point
    That's completely fair, I dont expect anyone to support us. I would support Barca against pretty much any team in the prem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    It's funny how people moan about Arsenal's lack of Englishmen and then bang on about how England are useless blah blah. I assume all those people not wanting foreigners would just prefer to watch England all day long. I couldnt imagine the premiership without the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, Zola, Cantona, Schmeichel, Vieira, Keane, Giggs, Pires to only name a few.
    Fair point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    I really cant see how you can class him as awful

Just a few clips to refresh your memory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAIyb...h=van%20persie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfAUW...h=van%20persie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78A8r...h=van%20persie

Cant wait for him and Henry (hopefully) upfront next season. He is immense
    He's so one-footed its unreal. Every touch and shot is with his left foot. Sooner or later defenders will work this out and force him on to his right at every opportunity...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmy-g...h=van%20persie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    He's so one-footed its unreal. Every touch and shot is with his left foot. Sooner or later defenders will work this out and force him on to his right at every opportunity...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmy-g...h=van%20persie
    I can think of a lot for one footed players. He actually puts away quite a few nice finishes with his right. Shearer couldnt use his left foot for **** and yet he is probably the best goal scorer the premieship has ever seen.

And to fair in that clip is not really due to a poor right boot but rather the ball hit his left, its happens to the best of players

ReputationRep:
    We're going to be pretty tough to beat next season. Not that we aren't now, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    Even when smith is fit, i don't think he is quite the player for the role
    Smith was immense in that role imo. His mental attitude was definetly what is needed in the position and some of his tackles were just gorgeous. I thought he was our 2nd best player in the season before his injury.

(Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    I agree, but Ferguson doesn't like getting rid of players he's given his backing to. See: Phil Neville, Eric Djemba Djemba, Diego Forlan, Darren fletcher, John O'Shea et al. All either over stayed or are over staying their usefulness to a Man Utd team who want to challenge for the Premiership and Champs League year on year
    Being given a chance is different to overstaying a welcome. Fletcher and O'Shea are reasonable squad players aswell and only were played so much this season due to midfield injuries.

(Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    Well i think that O'Shea is a very good player, and Fletcher is pretty good too
    lol very good and pretty good is extreme flattery.

(Original post by Daveo)
    I can see man utd buying a new keeper, but who i'm not sure.
    Would like to see some kind of ruud -- torres part exchange
    Then some new blood for midfield. Gattuso, diarra but preferably not carrick

All of the above have been rumoured at some point.
    I think Tim Wiese would be a good keeper signing, despite his relatively recent public 'mare against Juventus.

I would way prefer Carrick than Gattuso or Diarra anyday. Lyon want like a Billion quid for Diarra and Gattuso reminds me of a garden knome in more ways than one.

ReputationRep:
    **** me, van Persie is pure class

ReputationRep:
    Would I be stupid to suggest it may go into extra time?

Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Come on you Irons!

ReputationRep:
    Drogba for 40 - 45 million Euros?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Breaking news on Sky Sports News Joe Royle has left Ipswich by Mutual Agreement.

ReputationRep:
    West Ham
    Why? Not because i hate scousers, but because West Ham have not been in a final in years, they have done well this season, but most importantly, i think they will want it more.
    West Ham 2 - 1

ReputationRep:
    cant wait for the fa trophy final on sunday
    hopefully Woking will win against Grays and who knows, another shot at promotion?

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool I hope! x

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it when people complain about the lack of englishmen on the Arsenal squad!

I mean, what are we meant to do? most of the good Englishmen are on other squads! and as someone said, the clubs success is paramount! if we had a club filled with englishmen and were in league 2 people will still call us rubbish and criticise!.. As far as the job is done, and the club is successful, we should moan about englishmen not being in the team IMO...
    Arsenal is a GREAT representation of true football with it's multinational players... VIVA LE ARSENAL!!!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.