Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    I can really see Arsenal being able to destroy Barcelona's defence with their quick intricate passing. Though the problem will be in gettin into the positions to do so, as i can see Barcelona dominating possesion.
    This is the most sensible constructive criticism I have seen in a while.. I agree with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    Nah hunny I have done beng a mod. Need to have a life and have fun. I wilstiil habmgg aroung. God I a m pissed agin. ha ha ha

oh and dims, viava barca!!!1 ha ha ha roflmao!
    You wait till you become a pleb :p:!!! I'll get ya

ReputationRep:
    He looks decent.... but.... he reminds me of a Shaun Wright Phillips at Manchester City, and he has done very little for England....

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4761715.stm

ReputationRep:
    Drogba is worse than average. The sooner he and his diving, ugly, gormless, ****, donkey, cheating, stupid, feckless arse leaves the Premiership, the better.

New transfer news this morning, Tevez to Chelsea for £22m

ReputationRep:
    The team is not bad but we do need to get a decent striker in even if that mean getting rid of Crouch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Won the league cup 3 of 4 times, the fa cup, played in the european cup, won the fa cup, played for the most succesfull club in the country, played for his nation on numerous occasions (however undeserved they may or may not have been).

Done more than most I'd say.
    Alright his done ok but what has he done for england? and why in birmingham in the Championship?

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: the endless pot of gold! Lol

ReputationRep:
    It is hit or miss, very much so. Either going all the way, or going home in the first knockout round.

Some of the players there are pointless... Jenas, Rooney (he WILL NOT get better in time), Hargreaves... Just don't understand why there's no SWP, Beattie et al.. But it is his team. Let's see how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    It's going to be whether Arsenal can break through Barca's midfield or not that decides this one. Arsenal will be able to tear-up their defense, Henry will for sure. However, can't have silly dispossessions from Hleb, Fabregas and the gang.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    It is hit or miss, very much so. Either going all the way, or going home in the first knockout round.

Some of the players there are pointless... Jenas, Rooney (he WILL NOT get better in time), Hargreaves... Just don't understand why there's no SWP, Beattie et al.. But it is his team. Let's see how it goes!
    Injuries of Rooneys nature are unpredictable, although it is unlikely he will, as he can be switched out of the squad up to 24 hours beforehand, its the right decision i think...

And Beattie? you've got to be kidding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukeharmz)
    The OFFICIAL Squad:

GK: Paul Robinson
    GK: David James
    GK: Robert Green

RB: Gary Neville
    RB: Jamie Carragher
    DC: John Terry
    DC: Rio Ferdinand
    DC: Sol Campbell
    LB: Ashley Cole
    LB: Wayne Bridge

RM: David Beckham
    RM: Aaron Lennon
    MC: Owen Hargreaves
    MC: Frank Lampard
    MC: Steven Gerrard
    MC: Michael Carrick
    MC: Jermain Jenas
    LM: Joe Cole
    LM: Stuart Downing

ST: Michael Owen
    ST: Wayne Rooney
    ST: Peter Crouch
    ST: Theo Walcott

What your views?
    It sucks. SWP should be there rather than Walcott. Defoe or even Vassell should be there rather than Crouch. Hargeaves should bugger off, useless. Lennon's OK, but I'm not sure, theres probably tons of players that good, even Pennant

ReputationRep:
    Go Arsenal... that money's bound to be going up soon, too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    It sucks. SWP should be there rather than Walcott. Defoe or even Vassell should be there rather than Crouch. Hargeaves should bugger off, useless. Lennon's OK, but I'm not sure, theres probably tons of players that good, even Pennant

Ok so you're saying we should take 5 wingers, 3 strikers (all of which provide very similar attributes and 2 of which are injured), and 1 defensive midfielder:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    get it going, ENGLAND!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Ok so you're saying we should take 5 wingers, 3 strikers (all of which provide very similar attributes and 2 of which are injured), and 1 defensive midfielder:rolleyes:
    Well, I dunno about injuries so excuse that. But besides that, no I'm not saying take everyone of those players. But I'd rather take SWP(who can play wing/2nd striker as can Cole) than Lennon, Defoe than Crouch, Ledley King over Hargreaves, even Phil Neville or Butt for christs sake

ReputationRep:
    Well, I dunno about injuries so excuse that. But besides that, no I'm not saying take everyone of those players. But I'd rather take SWP(who can play wing/2nd striker as can Cole) than Lennon, Defoe than Crouch, Ledley King over Hargreaves, even Phil Neville or Butt for christs sake
    SWP doesn't give england anything new over Cole though, while Lennon does, and it should all be about having options for the side. The same with Crouch, Defoe doesn't give england anything significantly different to Owen, though whether or not Defoe (or bent) should be in for Walcott is a different argument... while Crouch gives england something that no other english striker does, and most sides will hate playing against his height.

But getting rid of hargreaves i totally agree with.

ReputationRep:
    Well SWP has hardly played this season while Lennon is in very good form. Defoe has been below par this season and hasnt really done it for England. Crouch has had a decent season and has played ok for england in the past - he also offers something different to owen and rooney which defoe simply doesnt. King is injured which would explain why he wasnt included. Hargreaves has been in very good form for Bayern, displacing Demichelis (who will be in Argentina's world cup squad). Butt and Neville have been pretty mediocre this season.

ReputationRep:
    Englands frontmen look a bit dubious. I mean with both Owen and Rooney unlikely to perform (even at all), theyre left with Crouch and Walcott.:eek: I just cant see that working at all

ReputationRep:
    It would seem to give credence to the rumours about Drogba/Crespo/Gudjohnsen if they're trying to bring in another forward. One of them is surely leaving now.

Just to get some Scottish rumours on here now, Derek Riordan is interesting PSV and Kaiserslautern (he's able to sign a pre-contract agreement now), Dinamo Kiev are willing to pay £5.5 million for Kris Boyd (who Rangers only paid £400000 for in January and who was available on a Bosman at that time) and Rangers are lining up Laurent Robert as a replacemtent for Peter Lovenkrands.

With regard to the Boyd rumour, I would take the money and run. Boyd is a poacher, nothing more, and he contributes little to Rangers' overall game. If they're smart, they'll sell and use the money to buy someone like Cisse (who would be Larsson-esque in Scotland) or James McFadden.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Who is going to be the top scorer of the World Cup in 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.