Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to make myself very unpopular here but I think choosing Hargreaves was a good decision. He's one of the very few Englishmen who plays in a foreign league (the Bundesliga) and so will bring a different dimension to the squad, a first-hand knowledge of how teams like Germany prefer to play. Also, when you're playing in the same midfield as Ballack, you've got to be pretty good. I can't help but think that this is just the media making someone a scapegoat well in advance, much as they've done with decent enough players like Phil Neville and Darren Fletcher at Manchester United in the past.

ReputationRep:
    Shevchenko wants to come to England according to Silvio Burlesconi....

ReputationRep:
    FA Cup final - Liverpool v West Ham

All bets are 90 mins play.

Riise to score first [He does seem to score first at finals, League Cup final last season, FA Cup semi-final this season]
    £5 (20/1)

Gerrard to score from outside penalty box [I've a feeling Stevie G will score, and if he does, it'd most probably be from outside the box]
    £5 (11/2)

Alonso to score from his own half [What! In the unlikely event that the difference between us and them almost at the end of the game is 1 or 2 goals, their keeper'd come out if they have a corner.. It may find it's way to Xabi who'd slot it home, or he'll just take a shot lol.]
    £5 (100/1)

HT - Liverpool
    FT - Liverpool
    [We did manage to do this against Manure and Chelsea, so why not West Ham aswell?]
    £60 (6/4)

HT - Draw
    FT - Liverpool
    [Just incase, back-up bet]
    £20 (10/3)

HT - West Ham
    FT - Liverpool
    [VERY unlikely but just incase, back-up bet]
    £2 (28/1)

Liverpool to win 3-0 [Anyone who's been keeping up to date with Liverpool news will know that Jamie Carragher is desperate to keep a clean sheet and to set a new record. From that, if we do keep a clean sheet, I don't see why we can't score a few goals too.
    £5 (11/1)

Liverpool to win 4-0 [Same as above]
    £5 (25/1)

I'm pretty confident. It is alot of money, but hey, it's the FA Cup.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what Sven told Defoe and Bent when he explained that they weren't included. Either of them not being picked is an absolute injustice. It completely devalues the merit of scoring goals (bent is top engilsh scorer) and leaves me wondering what kind of impact you need to be in the english attack...defoe made a pretty good one to me(sweden etc).

Sven doesn't care and you can only blame the FA for trusting a Swede who is leaving after the world cup to be at the top of his game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muskateer)
    I wonder what Sven told Defoe and Bent when he explained that they weren't included. Either of them not being picked is an absolute injustice. It completely devalues the merit of scoring goals (bent is top engilsh scorer) and leaves me wondering what kind of impact you need to be in the english attack...defoe made a pretty good one to me(sweden etc).

Sven doesn't care and you can only blame the FA for trusting a Swede who is leaving after the world cup to be at the top of his game.
    Could you honestly see us winning a World Cup with Darren Bent upfront?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    You seem to have mistakenly missed off one name in the title for this thread
    Who's that then?:p:

ReputationRep:
    I've always wondered about this, can people who're racist be true football fans?

I've never actually come across a racist football fan before, so I don't really know. But what are your views on it?

Are any of you racist, or do you know anyone who is that's a massive footy fan?

What do they say about players who play for their own club, who are of a different colour? For example if the players' black or Portugese.

What about if they see a person of a different race to them, who support the same team?

In my opinion, they're not football fans, end of. I'm just curious to know their attitude toward these things.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad to see the back of him really.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    There was a topic on BBC website recently saying is Football in the West Midlands on the decline, I have to say i really believe it is on the decline, with only Aston Villa flying the flag in the Premier League and West Brom, Birmingham and Walsall all Relegated this season and in a finanicial mess.

Aston Villa well no money to bring new players in, disgruntled fans, players underachieving unless the team can gel they too will be in the championship.

Unless the 2 Midlands club can get back up first time of asking then we are heading back to the dark ages of the late 80's when there was no West Midlands club in the top flight.

Really Tragic for Walsall with them having to sell their top players just to stay afloat.

And for the fans i mean i have no problem with any of the fans but i just wish they had the passion like they do in Yorkshire, Manchester or Newcastle for example.

So whats your opinion is football declining especially in Englands 2nd City

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFC_FOREVER!)
    Who's that then?:p:
    I'm actually trying to work out who.

I have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    Guardian says Spurs want Berbatov, Bellamy and Neill/Chimbonda.

ReputationRep:
    Look at my avatar for a clue

ReputationRep:
    Jesus christ mate lol.
    Ive got..
    £5 on Liverpool to win 3-0 at 11/1
    £5 on Liverpool/Liverpool at 6/4
    £5 on Crouch first goalscorer at 6.0
    £5 on Barca/Barca at 4.1

First world cup bet.. £5 on Peter crouch top goal scorer, forget the odds but it brings back around 400 quid.

ReputationRep:
    It's a strong enough team, I just wish certain individuals were at their best/fit.
    For the person who said Pennant is probably just as good as Lennon. No way. Having watched them both play regularly, I can safely say Lennon is FAR superior.

We have no really big problems apart from the striker situation. I just wish we could take Woodgate, not that Terry and Ferdy aren't reliable.

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAHA.

No I meant it.

HAHAHAHA.

I don't know how Johnson even got on the stand-by list. He's very lucky to be there imo. He kissed goodbye to England when he decided to go to an inferior league. If he'd made the proper squad I'd have been more surprised about it then I was about Walcott. I'm not being funny when I say that I just genuinely believe only top flight players should be in contention.

ReputationRep:
    The best argument i heard about the inclusion of Walcott, over Bent at least, was the comparison of Bent to someone like Andy Cole, or Robbie Fowler, who scored often for their club, but didn't have the quality to do the same for their country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    The best argument i heard about the inclusion of Walcott, over Bent at least, was the comparison of Bent to someone like Andy Cole, or Robbie Fowler, who scored often for their club, but didn't have the quality to do the same for their country.
    He's only played one game for England, and imo, he played well then and got into the right positions. You can't write a guy off for not scoring on his debut, whihc also happens t be his only game.

I'd say the same for Andy johnson, no doubt people thought he didn't seem "england quality" when he was played as a winger by Sven for 20 minutes or so. ( i still don't understand what he was trying to achieve)

I know i'll get slated for this, but if our best chance (minus rooney) comes with the likes of gerrard/lampard/cole giving support, then a player like Beattie would of been worth a gamble. He can hold it up/get on the end of crosses and hes got a pretty good shot on him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmocrates)
    He's only played one game for England, and imo, he played well then and got into the right positions. You can't write a guy off for not scoring on his debut, whihc also happens t be his only game.

I'd say the same for Andy johnson, no doubt people thought he didn't seem "england quality" when he was played as a winger by Sven for 20 minutes or so. ( i still don't understand what he was trying to achieve)

I know i'll get slated for this, but if our best chance (minus rooney) comes with the likes of gerrard/lampard/cole giving support, then a player like Beattie would of been worth a gamble. He can hold it up/get on the end of crosses and hes got a pretty good shot on him.
    I know, i didn't say neccessarily i agreed with that argument, but its an interesting one i think.

I don't think Beattie is any sort of an option for england, there are simply better players at everything that he does.

ReputationRep:
    Haha lol. I still have £4 left. I was wondering to do Cisse Man of the match, Rafa might use him for his pace, like he did last time we played them.

ReputationRep:
    This says it all. http://www.coral.co.uk/sb.go?page=gr...0&ms=MS&type=0

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.