Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFC_FOREVER!)
    Could you honestly see us winning a World Cup with Darren Bent upfront?

He wouldn't have to start,he could be a squad guy, or rather last 10minute guy. At the endo fo the day you can't figure out if he's world cup quality without playing him. All I'm saying is whay more does he have to prove outside the world cup to be involved in it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I second the 'huh' of confusion.

I would hope he does come here. He is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree Elu. Who in the England team that was picked will be healthy, and can finish as well as James Beattie? None of the forwards, that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    ah as a gooner i am so happy theo is going:

gonna get the experience of training against terry, ferdinand, carragher and find out he can easily out-pace them
    have the experience of going to a major competition
    possibly play a few games
    possibly set the world on fire and become a hero

its allll good i gave up on englands chances of winning a while back :P

Defoe has been in pretty dry form recently tho after a good start at spurs... can see why hes been left out of the main squad.

Andy Johnson: dont make me laugh most of his goals are penalties and in the championship; we aint northern ireland.

Bent seemed the most likely to me... i think that couldave been an oversight on Sven's part.

ReputationRep:
    Would like to add there certainly is racism at football grounds in Southern England unfortunatly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Would you not say that
    1. players with decent delivery (Beckham, Gerrard...)
    2. a zippy striker as a foil (well, take your pick)
    3. powerful players, breaking into the box (Gerrard, Lampard, Cole)

would compliment his game?

Crouch doesn't touch Rooney for ability, there's not question of that. I'll get shot down for suggesting it, but will he possibly bring with him a little more balance to the side?
    Exactly my thought mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Yeah, I second the 'huh' of confusion.

I would hope he does come here. He is amazing.
    I hope he doesnt, because he isnt going to come to liverpool and i dont want any other teams having a world class striker such as him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    I hope he doesnt, because he isnt going to come to liverpool and i dont want any other teams having a world class striker such as him.
    Agreed although it would add some class to somewhat classless club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Agreed although it would add some class to somewhat classless club
    Dont be so sure, you seen what they did to SWP.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool should win but I doubt it'll be a walkover. Come on you reds.

ReputationRep:
    he looks GREAT,if he can do that in the world cup then we might be able to manage without Rooney for now, then imagine when Rooney's back and we have Rooney and Walcott up front, WOW!

ReputationRep:
    Only a handful of players that can replace Henry as the Premiership superstar, Sheva is one of them. Chelsea are the only club that can pay his wages, maybe they do have some use after all.

ReputationRep:
    Lyon are now willing to sell Diarra to Man United, for Van Nistelrooij + £5m.

ReputationRep:
    Yet another ridiculously protracted Chelsea transfer saga seems to be drawing to an end, with Michael Ballack agreeing a weekly wage of £130,000 - plus bonuses. Nice work if you can get it. Does pig earn that much being the star player of TSR?

There's so much cash sploshing about at Stamford Bridge they don't even resent the £21m they wasted on Shaun Wright-Phillips - they'd just be happy if they could finally get Manchester City to take him back.

There's nothing like a bit of nepotism. How I would like to be offered a parentally-sourced highly-paid minimal-effort job, but that seems unlikely. Who can fathom Jamie Redknapp's thinking, then? He's not keen on the idea of abandoning the sharp suits and dull punditry and heading down to Fratton Park as a coach to take over from dad Harry at some point in the future.

Manchester United have offered Wigan £3m for Pascal Chimbonda. Presumably they're what he'd call "a top, top club" and would thus be glad to transfer his loyalties at the earliest available opportunity, but it's a moot point because there's no way Paul Jewell is going to accept less than £6m.

Once that Wigan Scouser gets that cash in the coffers though, he'll make an approach to re-sign Nathan "the Duke" Ellington from relegated West Brom.

There'll be an abundance of strikers at the Hawthorns next season anyway, as Bryan Robson is looking to buy Cardiff's Cameron Jerome for £3m, although Celtic's John Hartson is still top of his shopping list.

Laurent Robert, of all people, is planning to swap Portugal for Scotland. The Benfica winger wants to link up with compatriot Paul Le Guen at Rangers, and slot into the space left by Peter Lovenkrands, who's off to Roma.

Arsenal's Manuel Almunia has thrown his toys out of the pram having been overlooked by pretty much everyone for the past 18 months, and he's decided to pick on Jens Lehmann, possibly in an attempt to unsettle the man ahead of him in the goalkeeping pecking order, or more than likely just to get his name in the papers and remind the world that he still exists. "Lehmann is a very strange bloke, we have no kind of relationship ... There were a lot of games in which I took his place and he even rang up the German national manager to tell him what was happening, something which is a bit cheeky really." Can we place odds on Almunia being sold before the Emirates Stadium move?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ron Stoppable)
    Lyon are now willing to sell Diarra to Man United, for Van Nistelrooij + £5m.
    Seems like a good idea as long as horse face fancies French football. I suppose that means Lyon won't bid for Drogba if this happens?

ReputationRep:
    Check out this addicting football game:- http://www.vivalavolley.com/

And let us know what your high score is. Mine's too low to be worth mentioning. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thats crap lol

ReputationRep:
    2 of my most hated teams so its a difficult one to call... I have had less issues with West Ham so i will go with them for today...

ReputationRep:
    When you walk through a storm
    Hold your chin up high
    And don't be afraid of the dark.
    At the end of a storm
    Is a golden sky
    And the sweet, silver song of a lark.

Walk on, through the wind,
    Walk on, through the rain,
    Though your dreams be tossed and blown.
    Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart,
    And you'll never walk alone,
    You'll never walk alone.

COME ON YOU REDS!

We've beat Luton Town, Portsmouth, Manure, Birmingham City and Chelsea, will West Ham follow suit.

ReputationRep:
    Made and editied by my mate and his mates from Manchester Met University.
    Nike Football Spoof

Its good!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.