Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peterunitt)
    Atleast wait till u see him play at Liverpool, dont wanna be eatin your words do ya?
    liverpool fans are living in a fairytale world if they think bringing back robbie fowler will solve your crap strikeforce. He is PAST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    liverpool fans are living in a fairytale world if they think bringing back robbie fowler will solve your crap strikeforce. He is PAST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hes 30 and 1 in 3 is a good goal ratio. Besides just the presence of him will lift the spirit off all the players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    He'll do a job, that's all we're saying. Calm down please

ReputationRep:
    Hel play in the next liverpool game and hel score. Its a win-win situation for both player and club imo - if he gets injured/doesnt perform ( and to me the latter is inconceivable given this is liverpool hes playing for ) he was free to start with and bought as backup to morientes/crouch/cisse/garcia/kewell etc.

ReputationRep:
    I've been so excited that I've been making my own GIFs lol Tell me what ya think

Here's his best goal for us v Villa '96 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peterunitt)
    hes 30 and 1 in 3 is a good goal ratio. Besides just the presence of him will lift the spirit off all the players.
    The guy didnt say anything about his age :rolleyes: So what if he is 30, he is still past it. Look at Raul, he is 28 and he's been past it for the last couple of years. Look at Vieri - he was past it by the age of 30. Just because he's 30 doesnt mean he can't be past it.

So his presence will lift the spirit of all the players? Do you think players like Riise, Reina, Morientes, Alonso, Cisse, Garcia, Sissoko etc. really care about Fowler, or even know that much about his past at Liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    v Manure, last minute strike.

THUMP.

He's definitely still got his touch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    I've been so excited that I've been making my own GIFs lol Tell me what ya think

Here's his best goal for us v Villa '96 :cool:

As incredible as the finish was you missed off the most important part of the goal. He received the ball with his back to the goal and in one swift movement flicked the ball behind and got away from the defender who ended up looking like a tit. He knew where everyone around him was to the extact inch on the pitch. Simply amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    he WAS the player you describe there

so good he was released on a free and hadn't even started a premiership match all season for man city who are 7/8 places below you. got that you m*g
    So what are you saying? Is Benitez wrong to bring him back, do you know more about a player (or more importantly what effect said player will have on the team) than probably one of the best managers in Europe? Is there even a problem considering he is on such low wages and just a 6 month contract? Probably the most stunning transfer in England since, well, he left for Leeds, but one to watch before judgements are made either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    As incredible as the finish was you missed off the most important part of the goal. He received the ball with his back to the goal and in one swift movement flicked the ball behind and got away from the defender who ended up looking like a tit. He knew where everyone around him was to the extact inch on the pitch. Simply amazing.
    .. I had to cut alot of it off so it's fits under the required file size Unless you know an image hosting site which let's me upload more than 1024kb?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)

so good he was released on a free and hadn't even started a premiership match all season for man city who are 7/8 places below you. got that you m*g
    What team do YOU support exactly?....

clicky!

EDIT: Leeds's agreement to pay a proportion of his wages still stands in light of the deal, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)

He was? robbie fowler has never had speed so thats not an option. He is still one of the finest finishers ive evr seen coupled with great anticipation, awareness and ball control. Just wait and see mate, dont want to be ahving some humble pie when he gets the winner in gay paris

--------------

(Original post by Raindance)
    clicky!

EDIT: Leeds's agreement to pay a proportion of his wages still stands in light of the deal, apparently.
    Great init :cool:
    We get a Idol back on a free transfer and still only pay half his wages.

ReputationRep:
    Raindance, you have the e-season ticket? :p:

ReputationRep:
    If anyone wants his interview give me a PM and ill upload it somewere for ya. Its the EST interview so you wont have to pay

ReputationRep:
    liverpool are welcome to him. He didnt want to be at City and you could tell. he wasnt even a team player. Stuart Pearce made the right decision to let him go as hes not worth the money we were paying him weekly.

ReputationRep:
    Even at man city he was starting to show signs what a great player he is, after he got injured and if he gets a run in the Liverpool side he will do well. Fair play to Pearce for also letting one of his star players go for nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katy200)
    liverpool are welcome to him. He didnt want to be at City and you could tell. he wasnt even a team player. Stuart Pearce made the right decision to let him go as hes not worth the money we were paying him weekly.
    City knocked back Everton and Wigan plus a host of Division 1 teams (Millwall being the biggest interest I think) who all wanted Fowler, before Liverpool came along.

ReputationRep:
    lol didnt Millwall even say after they werent going to sign him because they wanted someone with passion and not a final pay cheque, and look where he is now! Even we (coventry city) were linked with him and fans were saying hes past it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    lol didnt Millwall even say after they werent going to sign him because they wanted someone with passion and not a final pay cheque, and look where he is now! Even we (coventry city) were linked with him and fans were saying hes past it.
    Bloddy hell, give the lad a game first before you jump on his back. Hes a natural finisher, great awareness and anticipation and he will give it all to score infront of the kop. Apart from that its a shrewd deal. free transfer only half his wages and hell probably of payed that all back in one day of shirt sales. i know im getting it.
    Stop all the 'past his best' i think were all aware of that. But this aint all its about, Its about fowler getting a proper chance to sya goodbye and thank you to the fans, its about the prodigy returning home, its about the fans man returning. But more importantly i trust rafa, you dont win european cups with igor and diao in your team by luck

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.