Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Would like to add there certainly is racism at football grounds in Southern England unfortunatly...
    Yes, I would agree with this. Sometimes fans will hiss at away Spurs fans to symbolise the gassing of the Jews in the Holocaust.

i have never heard it from a southern set of fans.
    Millwall is a southern ground isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Lol i've tried the music board but no1 seems to know so i thought i'd ask here since more ppl are likely to have watched the match...

its obviously a very popular song but what was the song at the end of the BBC's coverage of the FA Cup Final? The one which provided the sound to all the clips of the previous cup finals at Cardiff?

It was also on the backing to the BBC "World" advert...the nature one with the flowers blooming etc etc...lots of string backing, not much vocals...
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Sigur Ros - Hoppipolla

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Its a tune made for emotional montages!!

ReputationRep:
    I have to agree he is pretty ****ing amazing. He didn't seem all that pleased at the end though. But if he can turn it on in Germany then frankly I don't care.

I'm a United man and I was cheering West Ham on all the way, but even I can't begrudge Gerrard of the plaudits. It was an extraordinary performance from an extrordinary player. I just wish the red he wore was a slightly different shade. :p:

ReputationRep:
    hes so much better than lampard
    if only sven could get them playing in the same team we'd have the best central midfield in the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonbleu)
    I have to agree he is pretty ****ing amazing. He didn't seem all that pleased at the end though. But if he can turn it on in Germany then frankly I don't care.
    He always looks bloody dour, even when they get an amazing win. Just his character I guess. 'Down to earth'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woodlebert)
    hes so much better than lampard
    if only sven could get them playing in the same team we'd have the best central midfield in the world
    He will surely, if Owen and Rooney are out, even if just Rooneys ouw, its obious we should have a five man midfield:confused: ?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    just brilliant, that thunder shot from 40 yards(?) off, out of no where.

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't look too good for clubs in the midlands at the moment especially with them big car plant redundancies up there and manufacturing in long term decline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Book-worm)
    I fu king hate that argument, i see you support arsenal.

Who fancies an arsenal squad without tierry henry?
    Who fancies a chelsea team without Lampard?
    A man united team without rooney?
    To be honest, I was thinking of making the comparison of what people relate to with Thierry Henry to arsenal and Gerrard to liverpool. We're not a one-player team but those players make our teams a whole lot better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff's_dead)
    Actually, I think the opposite is true. West Ham scored three extraordinarily lucky goals, whereas each of Liverpools were fantastic strikes. West Ham had a lot of chances to win the game, but didn't take them. Livepool deserved the win for the way they fought back.

The 'one man team' argument is getting very old. Cissé's goal got them back in the game (due in part to Gerrard's amazing pass, but not all strikers would have been able to finish it), and Reina won the game for them.
    well said that man, my thoughts exactly.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil.)
    If you just watch the goals themselves Liverpool deserved it 100%.

Unfortunately they were pretty bad in other parts of the match with some poor passing giving West Ham too many chances.
    I would say that both teams deserved to win. West Ham deserved to win, because they were 4 minutes away from winning. They hit the post in extra time. Liverpool deserved to win because they came back and scored and eventually won. Neither team deserved to lose. If there had been replays, a replay would be justified.

ReputationRep:
    Fans of Terry Henry FC criticising Liverpool for being a one man team LMFAO. Cant have watched much of Pepe, Sami, Carra, Finnan, Momo, Kewell or Crouch this season eh.

LOL

Well done west ham though, great games require 2 teams to make it happen.

ei eye adio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Fans of Terry Henry FC criticising Liverpool for being a one man team LMFAO. Cant have watched much of Pepe, Sami, Carra, Finnan, Momo, Kewell or Crouch this season eh.

LOL

Well done west ham though, great games require 2 teams to make it happen.

ei eye adio
    Only winding you up . You have loads of other great players Morientes, Cisse j/k

(Original post by Economist)
    Only winding you up . You have loads of other great players Morientes, Cisse j/k
    Cheeky bugger! That Cygan if yours is pretty tasty too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Cheeky bugger! That Cygan if yours is pretty tasty too...
    Yeah, and Sendhimoff, oh no Senderos:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    After todays match, finally it is official.
    no rooneys, lampards or beckhams are in the league of stevie G.......what a player...... i am speechless!!!!!! he is The best player in the squad (whether rooney is playing or not playing) and second best on the planet (after Henry! ).

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.